reshiram fire substitution

lBlAlRlClOlDlEl

Entei Double with 2 Hard Charms is pretty sweet. Does 130 without hurting himself plus protects from 40 damage of opponent. Once you get both Hard Charms on him, he's like an EX level poke. If you need to you can Flame Screen, so block 70!! damage on the next turn. Makes him very versatile as both an attacker and blocker.

Run 1 Tool Recycler...

1 Muscle + 1 cube is okay, but I think 2 Hard Charms is better. The reason is that 150 is a bad damage level. Not many things are 150 HP, so for EXs you'll still need to 2 shot them anyway.

The way I see it is, I'm going to be 2 shooting anything that matters no matter what, unless I run 2 Muscle bands and take 30 damage, and even then I'll be 10+ short sometimes.

With two Hard Charms Entei is a beast, trust me. I'd done games where I run the whole game with nothing but a single Entie in the active.

With Flame Screen and the 2 Hard Charms you can really pick and choose your attacks and be very effective. If you only need 30 for the knockout, then you can use Flame Screen and be ready to block 70 damage on the next turn, or many times against EXs I'll use Flame Screen 1 or 2 times in a row, followed by Heat Tackle. You're ******************* when you do that!

IMO doing 20 additional damage isn't worth block 40 damage, especially at this damage level. Maybe if Entei's base attack was 150, so 20 more would get you up to 170 for OHKOs on some EXs, but not at 130 IMO.

I am running Korrina right now to sub in for Skyla and remain Standard. Other than that, nothing special.

Here's a non-EX fire deck for you, very similar to what I use:

4 Entei (Double)

2X2 Delphox (Mystic Fire)

2X2 Blaziken (Burning Shot)

4 Hard Charm

4 VS Seeker

3 Rare Candy

3 Scorched Earth

3 Blacksmith

3 Ultra Ball

2 Skyla (1 Korrina & 1 Steven for now)

2 Prof. Sycamore

2 Shauna (or Birch, or 4 Sycamore and no Shauna/Birch)

2 Pokemon Center Lady

2 Switch

2 Super Potion

1 Weakness Policy

1 Tool Recycler

4 DCE

10 Fire Energy

Basically, Entei is the main attacker, and you want to get an Entie up with 2 Hard Charms on him and use healing to keep him alive and he's very hard to take down. If your opponent can one shot you, you use Flame Screen and make it very difficult (they need 200 to do it). Whatever limited damage they can do you can heal up.

You have Delphox for draw support and Blaziken to take out guys on the bench, and Entei with 2 Hard Charms is great and letting you get Delphox and Blazekin setup.

ehm....

i am testing double hard charm on entei against AI...

actually i am taking still 30 dmg with 2 hard charm on entei.

why?

nvm: i read it and it block opponent dmg...

Guess I've been doing it wrong then. Sorry about that. I use Entei in a real life deck (because its relatively cheap and easy to get) but not on-line where I use almost all EXs. I haven't tried it at any tournaments or anything, just fun games with friends. 

I'd still use Hard Charm and Prot Cube then for the same reasons. Won't be quite as good, but still pretty good. The problem is that 130 is a weird damage level. Too low you boost up to OHKO level (unless you are fighting) but high enough to be powerful on its own.

Anything that does damage between 100 and 140 I use Hard Charms on instead of Muscle Bands. I do the same for Sceptile Ex, etc.

skyla is unlimited now. 

does korrina worth it?

steven too?

i will give it a try anyway

Skyla is legal in expanded too man. Using Steven is just wrong, he card is just bad.

ok i like it. the only problem is that seismitoad-ex break the deck too bad.

*** i hate that card.

edit: OMG, it is impossible to play fire today. 4 match in a row with regice or kyogre or some random ACE->evo2 on bench or seismitoad

plus

double damage to fire

wtb: ace fire, some basic ramping pokemon, some "grow" ability on pokemon fire, with low cost high damage+condition (better 2)

thanks. (yes i am mad)

So are you saying that you like the Hard Charm on Entei (despite water sadness?)

in few words: yeah

analyzing i must say:

2x hard charm helps , not against "hard EXes". average EX hp is 170. 2x hard charm means u need 3 attacks to kill an EX.

and usually the same ENTEI doesnt survive to MORE THAN 2 turns. so well, muscle is not THAT bad in comparison.

now i cannot use 4 hard charm AND some muscle in my deck, because i am bad at balancing trainers. still , considering that hard charm DOESN'T protect you from your own damage, i dont know what to do.

to me, fire atm has not a great chance against some crucial archetypes.

i wont stop playing it. but i am not so confident about joining toruneys and maybe win some as opposed to what I did before.

so i am here, hoping for next set, undecided if keep my blaziken ex in my deck or not. right now i removed it. i feel no difference.

edit: testing muscle+charm. removed some trainer..testing.

charms are nice, but slow game is in favour of the opponent's EXs

"2x hard charm helps , not against "hard EXes". average EX hp is 170. 2x hard charm means u need 3 attacks to kill an EX."

What? 130+130 = 260...

Or are you saying 30+30+130 = ***?

But what about 1 Hard Charm and 1 Prot Cube? Still gives you a Flame Screen that blocks 50, and then you can more easily do 130+130.

"2x hard charm helps , not against "hard EXes". average EX hp is 170. 2x hard charm means u need 3 attacks to kill an EX."

What? 130+130 = 260...

Or are you saying 30+30+130 = ***?

But what about 1 Hard Charm and 1 Prot Cube? Still gives you a Flame Screen that blocks 50, and then you can more easily do 130+130.

fact is to me that my RNG these days is very bad. i HOPE it is because of my bad trainers setup..but i dont think it . so i usually find myself NOT that lucky to have a ultra ball + blacksmith + CDE at first turn.

so i usually have to ramp slowly my ENTEI. which is usually an advantage for opponent EX, which usually has a higher effect on my basic pokemon. so i have usually average 2 turns to be aggressive.

********************** at first turn BUT having no kill ability against opponent EX is a big disadvantage.

so i prefer trying to ******************* with 1 hard charm, but have a chance to do 50damage + 150 damage next turn. or if i can , double muscle sacrificing ENTEI, which difficulty die in one shot anyway.

that's my point of view of my average matchup and RNG.

i would like you to share your trainer setup anyway. i will try to share mine.

edit: don't know why and what the forum censored me..

edit2: it seems it removed my math. like removed 50 damage and 70 damage.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 13

1 Blaziken-EX PR-XY XY54

3 Entei AOR 15

1 Entei AOR 14

3 Fennekin XY 24

1 Braixen XY 25

2 Delphox XY 26

1 Larvesta AOR 16

1 Volcarona AOR 17

Trainer Cards - 32

2 Professor's Letter XY 123

1 Eco Arm AOR 71

2 Rare Candy PRC 135

2 Lysandre AOR 78

2 Scorched Earth PRC 138

3 Ultra Ball FLF 99

3 Hard Charm XY 119

3 Blacksmith FLF 88

1 Silent Lab PRC 140

2 Switch ROS 91

1 Pokémon Center Lady FLF 105

3 Professor Birch's Observations PRC 134

4 Muscle Band XY 121

3 VS Seeker PHF 109

Energy - 15

11 Fire Energy XY 133

4 Double Colorless Energy XY 130

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

help me smoothing my trainer list. i dont want to touch pokemon or energy (if possible or until trainers are perfectly polished)

edit: wow it seems i had to remove hex maniac too...well, hope u can help me.

edit2:

Trainer Cards - 31

3 Professor's Letter XY 123

2 Rare Candy PRC 135

2 Lysandre AOR 78

2 Scorched Earth PRC 138

4 Ultra Ball FLF 99

2 Korrina FFI 95

3 Blacksmith FLF 88

1 Silent Lab PRC 140

2 Switch ROS 91

1 Pokémon Center Lady FLF 105

3 Muscle Band XY 121

3 VS Seeker PHF 109

3 Protection Cube FLF 95

i tried to filter some trainer card. and created a clone deck with this trainer compo. i think i prefer protection cube to charm... dunno..

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

Pokémon - 8

4 Shaymin-EX ROS 106

3 Charizard-EX FLF 12

1 Entei AOR 15

Trainer Cards - 41

1 Escape Rope PLS 120

1 Professor Birch's Observations PRC 159

2 Silent Lab PRC 140

2 Switch PRC 163

4 Acro Bike PRC 122

1 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92

4 Blacksmith FLF 88

1 Paint Roller AOR 79

2 Roller Skates XY 125

4 VS Seeker ROS 110

1 Protection Cube FLF 95

4 Ultra Ball PLB 90

4 Muscle Band XY 121

2 Lysandre FLF 104

4 Fiery Torch FLF 89

4 Trainers' Mail AOR 100

Energy - 11

7 Fire Energy CL 89

4 Double Colorless Energy HS 103

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

If you would like I can battle you a few times(I'm still working out a few kinks)

if i had 4 shaymin......

IF that deck is really strong against every matchup i need to find a way to build that. i always struggle to have a good first hand/basic pokemon to start .

i like the idea of testing decks, i am here, but dunno how to play against you. see you in game then!!

Just send me a friend request and I sent you one(in game). I will be cleaning out our garage for about an hour or so(we have a large garage :** but I'll respond to any PM ASAP :)

Try Fire/vileplume

it may sound odd, but i managed to build a fire deck with AO vileplume and it works pretty well.

My decklist of Fireplume:

Pokemon - 18

x4 Entei AO (non ancient trait)

x2 Slugma

x2 Magcargo (ancient trait)

x2 Lugia EX AO

x2 Shaymin EX RS

x2 Oddish

x2 Gloom

x2 Vileplume (lock ability)

Items - 8

x3 Level ball

x4 Ultra ball

x1 Vs seeker

Supporters - 18

x1 AZ

x4 Blacksmith

x2 Lysandre

x1 Pokemon fan club

x2 Birch

x4 Sycamore

x2 Steven

x1 Teammates

x1 Xerosic

Stadium - 3

x3 Forest of Giant plants

Energy - 13

x4 DCE

x9 Fire Energy

hmm interesting. i just need another lugia ex and another shaymin

me and chickenman2015 spent this last hours to play together and improve my deck. obviously in his hands the deck is fast and good, in my hands it is always rusty and blocked at some point.

anyway i am trying to trade those cards i need then i am going to test your deck. 

hmm interesting. i just need another lugia ex and another shaymin

me and chickenman2015 spent this last hours to play together and improve my deck. obviously in his hands the deck is fast and good, in my hands it is always rusty and blocked at some point.

anyway i am trying to trade those cards i need then i am going to test your deck.

You can buy codes and some cards on online auction sites

Archived