reshiram fire substitution

lBlAlRlClOlDlEl

hello.

rotation kicked out of my fire deck reshiram.

i am looking for something similar 

-high hp

-"fast"high burst

-no ex

what do u suggest me?

i can 120d mg turn 2 with reshiram.

no ex cause i have enough + a lot of cards are stronger against exs.

Edited by lBlAlRlClOlDlEl

I have been using AT Entei, and Blaziken EX, unfortunately they require DCE to pull off the Blacksmith + Energy 100+ damage attack first turn.

I know you are against EX somewhat, but I have been trying 1 Camerupt with 3-2-3 Delphox 3 Entei 2 Blaziken EX, I burn through my deck in no time, but do not so well if I can't find the blacksmith turn around early on, I run 4 Juniper and a couple Birch, which I use as discards for Ultra Ball if I can get Delphox set up, or to get Delphox set up.

Camerupt EX is nice to have since it can turn around a game by taking a very big KO sometimes. All of them can use Muscle Band or a Trick Coin. Blaziken EX I'm still on the fence about, however, when DCE gets discarded, Blaziken's first attack can retrieve it from the discard pile, you show me another card that can retrieve special energy.

Entei is a little harder than Reshiram to get to it's second attack, but it doesn't discard energy, it's first attack is I think slightly better since it has more consistent effect, it's basic and if you run tools: (?) POW. The need DCE thing turn 2 kind of sucks but between Scorched Earth and maybe a Shaymin EX or two you can pull it off before Delphox is ready, by that time there's no stopping Mono-Type Fire. . . except Deck Out. ;)

I dunno if you run Delphox, it's awesome. It's easy to over ***** Mystical Fire, but I'm a gambling man. No EX is part of the strength of Reshiram / Speed, it is kind of nice not to have to use Blacksmith EVERY turn as it is with Blue Flare, you can charge up another attacker once Delphox, Entei or Blaziken EX is ready to go. You know yourself, if you whiff on Blue Flare sometimes Outrage is highly ineffective, so Entei's first attack is kind of good.

There's no replacement for Reshiram, though. You tried anything else BARCODE?

I agree, having no EX is really good, if you are fast and can take 2 prize KO's and they have to make 6 KO's with the speed afforded by Blacksmith and Battle Compressor they never catch up.

i had 2 blaziken ex and  1 delphox ex (using 2 i find them ineffective).

now i am trying SKARMORY (i have only 1) and MAGCARGO (for fun). oh and i am trying 1 CHARIZARD EX (ff) to draw some early energy

but i miss a lot reshiram

i can 120d mg turn 2 with reshiram.

no ex cause i have enough + a lot of cards are stronger against exs.

Now that rotation happened, what is an effective Non-EX counter? Butterfield that loses to EX decks anyways (Since they do play non EX attackers, or ways to get around "Safeguard")

there are easier ways to kill exes after rotation.

plus water , which counter fire, have stronger cards.

so my question is simple.

i already found a card that can help me, maybe..sadly i have to trade it and i dont know if someone likes my counterparts.

there are easier ways to kill exes after rotation.

plus water , which counter fire, have stronger cards.

so my question is simple.

i already found a card that can help me, maybe..sadly i have to trade it and i dont know if someone likes my counterparts.

I think if you're looking for something that can mimic this, look to Golurk. It's 3 {C} energy (+ Dimension Valley) and multiple tyes is exactly what you're looking for, right?

Delphox EX is pretty terrible.

You don't like Entei with the Ancient Trait?

Yeah, I want to try Golurk with Fire. . . ness. . . but it seems silly to have to set up 2 stage 1's in order to accelerate energy that way.  Dimension Valley + DCE + Strong Energy seems the way to go.

Anyway, just got some Entei, gonna try it out.

i dont like entei.

probably because 4 energy are too much for me , considering i dont run DCE.

but i didnt try it yet.

So the solution is drop a few cards for a few DCE. Energy problem solved.

Obviously it doesn't work as nice as Reshiram, the DCE is harder to find. . . Part of the problem for me online is I haven't got my 2 Shaymin EX, which I use to set up Delphox, then finding the DCE and Blacksmith is never a problem.

Somewhat unrelated, has anyone ever seen Golurk AT actually take the 20 damage penalty for **************** with Super power? I NEVER have and I KNOW for sure that my opponent's were doing the 120 damage, then a little red ZERO pops up over their card. . . I think it's bugged, but I dunno what they mean when they ask for a 'tag' when I try to report it.

then

i didnt find a single card to sub reshiram.

but i copied the deck and modified to add camerupt ex (1 planning to add 2..will see), camerupt magma, changing some trainers. deck is rusty.

what is more fun is, that i have 18 pokemons, 15 (!!!) energy and 27 trainers..and RNG makes me draw almost only trainers.. just lost 3 in a row because of this.

old deck had only 12 pokemons and was fast and smooth..

bha

RNGesus

edit: OH, my goal is to NOT run any DCE and shaymins.

goal to not run shaymins  -  FAILED

goal to not run DCE - FAILED

camerupt magma+ camerupt ex into my deck - FAILING

i don't know if it is a matter of deck building or something, but RNGesus hates me. really.

I had a similar problem, i actually replaced them with delphox XY and rare candys to skip over there stage 1 evolution, they hit fairly hard and can be powered up just as easily as reshiram. They also have 140 HP each and if you give them a hard charm they survive even longer, not to mention they ability which is the same as shaymin EX(roaring sky's)  only it does per turn instead of when you place the card down.

Yeah, Delphox is the best, but I'd rather have Reshiram up front so I can ***** 'habews'?Mystical Fire, also Delphox has to have 7 energies to OHKO an EX and it can get KO'd with all your energy after you've used 2-3 Blacksmiths or VS Seekers. It is a great second attacker, though. Maybe we'll get an awesome ********** XY8.  M-ole Tres?

Edited by fr33land

thanks for the imput, i will try.

it would help if u could suggest me an example of trainers build u use on a usuall fire deck. just trainers, regardless pokemons and energies.

Hmm.

I'm no champion, but I try to get off a Blacksmith turn 1.

Blacksmith x 4

VS Seeker x 4

Scorched Earth x 3

Ultra Ball x 4

Professor's Letter x 2-3

Battle Compressor x 3-4

Juniper x 4

Birch / Shauna x 3

Tools usually Muscle Band or maybe 1 trick coin, depends on pokes x 3

Lysandre x 1

Trainer's Mail

Switch / Escape Rope / Scoop up

That's about 31 or so

Hopefully  I can get Battle Compressor and VS Seeker first hand, that's best.  I max out on Battle Compressor usually and VS Seeker just for that reason.

Professor's Letter - Ultra Ball - Blacksmith is also awesome so maxing out on that tends to do good things (4 Letters seems excessive though)

Scorched Earth is great, sometimes I'll use the stadium, attach to fennekin, retreat then blacksmith both energies onto the new attacker on turn 1.

I want to use Mystical Fire instead of draw supporters as soon as I can but I need Birch or Shauna early game for bad hands, Juniper for emergencies, once Delphox is set up I discard them mostly. 

Trainer's Mail seems to work really well sometimes, finding you a way to discard energy or a way to Blacksmith.

• Upvote 1

i tried battle compressor. even if i praise the blacksmites, i dont find it usefull. i prefer to run more letters and ultraballs so i can have somthing in exchange.

right now i am testing delphox and it is pretty nice. i just have to balance trainers. 

i tried battle compressor. even if i praise the blacksmites, i dont find it usefull. i prefer to run more letters and ultraballs so i can have somthing in exchange.

right now i am testing delphox and it is pretty nice. i just have to balance trainers. 

Alternativly, you can also use flaming torch .I prefer flaming torch over battle compressor any day, not only does it allow me to get rid of cards but I also get to draw cards at the same time.

I kind of believe that, I end up discarding Battle Compressor with Battle Compressor, 4 seems like a lot now, but having it early game can set me up very nice so I've been trying lot of copies, later on it is totally useless, I might replace a few with a few more Trainer's Mail.

Edit:

Not so sold on Fiery Torch, I might try a few since you might be able to discard 2 energies in a single turn, get 4 cards if Scorched Earth is up too.

Battle Compressor is good for finding Lysandre too if you have a VS Seeker, any supporter in fact, if you run 1 offs like AZ or Pokemon Centre Lady it can really come in handy.

Edited by fr33land

i will use torch  but i like scorched more.

also, sadly, right now i am running "moutain stage" (no dmg to bench) because of bats. i hate those lame pokemons .

so right now no compressors nor scorched no torches.  ultraballs seems effective..lets see till where. considering i have met less toads...but they are still alive.

update: after a short night being smashed by everyone testing M charizard, i think i can say it s no worth until spirit bond designed.

right now i am testing entei AO. not THAT bad. i have another card to be tested. need to find a way to trade it. 

Been using Entei non-AT as reshiram's replacement and it's been pretty good so far. Due to almost every deck using shaymin and easily filling the bench, Entei's attack is 120. And that is with normal bench size. Absol for fire decks. :)