GrewupGeek

[GAME] Deck Manager - Most decks missing after new update

GrewupGeek

Hey, on your latest update on the online game, when I went to the versus section, I notice that the only deck available for the standards format is the one I got from a tin, but the ones I've created from scratch are gone, only available for the expanded and unlimited formats.  What's the deal?

graywh

The Standard format has changed.

GrewupGeek

That part obvious, but not 100% considering that the format involves the EX cards and the tin has a few of them, meaning that something isn't getting the full memo or somebody missed a step.

Greile

Rotations have nothing to do with EX cards specifically.
Since set rotations have happened, only XY set cards can be played in standard matches.
BW set cards have been relegated to the expanded formation.

If the tin you got was an XY set, and thus had a deck from the XY set, then that deck is still valid for standard play.

The decks you created from scratch, rather than had EX cards, had cards from the BW set, thus became expanded decks.

If you go into deck manager and go into the decks that you have, you can see what cards are causing them to be placed into expanded by clicking the "Make Deck Standard" button which is two left of the Save Deck button.

GrewupGeek

Not going to happen.  The rotation is also a restriction that can change back when you least expect it.  Plus thanks to the rotation, about a third or half of the collection are from the BW and HGSS, so I have some rebuilding to do.

GrewupGeek

I understand the reason, but a little irked because one thing I would like to do is bring in my old cards from the 90s into the live tournaments, but the fact that now I have to hope the tournament includes a unlimited format, because right now, feeling really limited now.  Sure I could play with the locals just for fun, but would like to bring the old stuff to the big leagues, just to share with the current generation what it was like to grow up as the generation to experience what it is like to grow up with the original batch.

I know you guys don't have a say in the real world card game, right now I'm just wishfully thinking about it right now.