TCGO feels very unfriendly towards Newbies

Kami102

Hey there.

I haven't played Pokemon TCG for years, but I was browsing Pokemon.com and saw that a neat Pokemon TCG game was out. So I decided to give it a try.

I hopped in and read some tutorials to get some of the rust off and went online. There I constructed my deck (well.. opened it :D)and jumped on Multiplayer practice matches.

Then comes the bad part. I keep getting obliterated by tons of people that have their own custom decks; and *alot* of Zekroms, which is honestly at moment making this a very frustrating experience.

I've read that you can expand your deck by purchasing booster packs that have codes in them, but this is coming from a guy who hasn't touched Pokemon TCG in years.

As of right now, I just have the basic Electric deck that was given to me from the start. Is there any way to get other cards aside from purchasing booster packs?

there is a way. a generous players gives you cards for free.

for the meantime, you can do the trainer challenge.

there is a way. a generous players gives you cards for free.

for the meantime, you can do the trainer challenge.

How does Trainer Challenge Work?

I've played several matches of it, but all I've gotten from the matches were tokens. No cards.

There are 3 decks you can use in the trainer challange by default. Basic red, blue and green.

If you win 12 matches with a deck you unlock it for your multiplayer collection. So in theroy theres 4 decks you can build from for free: grass, fire, water and electric.

There are 3 decks you can use in the trainer challange by default. Basic red, blue and green.

If you win 12 matches with a deck you unlock it for your multiplayer collection. So in theroy theres 4 decks you can build from for free: grass, fire, water and electric.

Hmm.. I think I encountered a bug with my game

I've done the Basic Red deck 15 times

i94.photobucket.com/albums/l112/Kamikaze102/e2c95fcc.jpg

But when I view the achievements, it's still locked

i94.photobucket.com/albums/l112/Kamikaze102/523d21d9.jpg

Archived