[GENERAL] Login - 3 day long Maintenance?

Kilraen

Its been 3 days since i started seeing "Maintenance" message when i try to log into the game. Sometimes i get through, but never able to play for long, it kicks me out and then says about maintenance again.

So the question is simple is that something on my end or it is a legit maintenance?

If maintenance was underway, the dev-team would let us know on the forums of the time and date. They normally alert us a few days prior to it.

So basically right now you can play(log in) normally?

Yes. It took me several attempts to get a stable connection to the server but my WiFi us not good upstairs and that is where I am at the moment.

Well that is just really-really weird then. Why am i getting a maintenance msg then?.. And how to fix it?..

Thanks for checking by the way.

So today i was able to log in a fight a couple times during day(6-7 hours ago). Now - again no luck. Maintenance message all over again. Any help?

Same story today. 7 hours ago i log in without problem. I play in tournament, it starts to lag a bit but nothing scary. No extra effort involved. I finish playing and go out. I get back now and i can't log in due to "maintenance" again. Any ideas folks?

Before i opened this topic i tried loading that page multiple times and failed. Sometimes it kicked me out on login attempt, sometimes just went loading forever. I'm gonna try again but i'm not sure it'll work well.

Also i managed to get into the game today again but got kicked out for a bit.

Hi Kilraen!

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this frustrating issue.  I don't see any immediate issues with your account, and you are currently logged in. Hopefully it has been resolved. However, please read up on the following connection information to see if we can keep this problem at bay!

Connection & Server Related Error Messages

1. Check Your Firewall

-Ensure that your Firewall (this includes Windows Firewall which is included with Windows) has exceptions for TCGO. This includes:

Pokemon Trading Card Game Online.exe
Refresher.exe

2. Check Router Settings

If you use a router and you start experiencing issues you may need to configure the outbound ports to allow the game to connect correctly. The following ports need outbound forwarding:

-5222 (Chat)

If you use a router that is separate from your modem, you can try bypassing the router and connecting your computer directly to your modem. If your modem is also your router, then you may have to check the ports by connecting to your modem.

If you do not know how to open ports for your router or modem, please use your favourite search engine to look for "Name of Modem / Router port forwarding".

3. Remove Conflicts

-Shut down unnecessary 3rd party software.

-We do not recommend that you turn off firewall or anti-virus software; however, please note that Avast Anti-Virus Software has been known to interfere with Unity, which is the engine that TCGO is run on.

-Applications known to cause connection issues with some games include VOIP software like SKYPE, Download Accelerators, and P2P Software such as Torrent downloading utilities.

-Unplug your modem (and router if you use one) for 1 minute. Plug in modem, then router and reboot your PC.

-If you are using a WiFi connection, try plugging in to your modem with a cable instead.

-Flush your DNS cache to get rid of outdated data that can cause connection problems. Here are instructions for Windows 7:

1. Hold down the Windows key and press R. (This will open the Run dialogue.)

2. Type cmd and press Enter. (This will open a command prompt.)

3. Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.

4. Type ipconfig /registerdns and press Enter.

5. Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.

6. Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.

7. Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.

8. Reboot the computer.

4. Try A Clean Boot

Use your favourite search engine to look up how to do a "Clean Boot" of your system. By doing a clean boot you will be able to determine if a specific piece of software is preventing game connection. A clean boot will temporarily turn off non-essential programs and services that start up when you boot your computer.

If the game runs and connects as normal, then there is something running that is conflicting with your connection.

Miscellaneous Tips

-Check the time and date on your computer, ensure that they are set correctly.
-Install the latest updates for your OS and run the TCGO Refresher, which can be found in your Pokémon TCGO folder.

-Make sure that you have the newest versions of Adobe Flash and Java installed.
-Check your computer for viruses and malware
-Make sure your computer has the minimum amount of RAM required to run TCGO.
-Make sure that you have the newest audio and video drivers for your hardware. 
-Try 'Run as Administrator' with Pokémon Trading Card Game Online.exe, right click on the file to select the option.

-Try starting the game from Refresher.exe. This file can be found in the folder where the game is installed – you can do a search for Pokémon Trading Card Game Online, and you will find it in that folder.

Reinstall

The best way to resolve most issues is to completely uninstall TCGO, and then download the game again (try using a different browser this time), and install the game to a brand new directory.

1. Go to the Programs and Features section your computer's Control Panel. Select the game and uninstall it.

2. Go to the directory where the game was installed. The default directory is C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData.

3. The game stores files in the LocalLow and Roaming folders. Go into the LocalLow folder and delete the "The Pok_mon Company International" folder. Go into the Roaming folder and delete the "Pokemon Trading Card Game Online" folder.

4. Empty your Recycle Bin.

Hi Mod_Jube! Thanks for answering! Today i was able to log in during day again and i figured that the best way to not get this issue is to stay logged in so i never logged off and it kinda worked so far xD More than that - i had zero issues with forum and webpage today(i had troubles logging in there before) so there is some inspiring progress.

I will, however, do all the cleaning, flushing and resetting advices you gave me just to make sure. So, yeah, thanks again and hopefully i wouldn't need to get back to this thread ))

Archived