[CARD] Primal Kyogre-EX (Ancient Origins #96) - The Tidal Storm attack discards Energy rather than attaching to chosen Pokémon

GilgameshFFV

So, the card's text says that you should move 2 energy cards attached to Primal Kyogre to 1 of your benched Pokemon. 

However, the game wants you to choose 2 energy cards and then 2(!) benched Pokemon... before discarding the energy. Seeing energy land on your discard pile instead of on your benched Pokemon is quite frustrating, hope this can be fixed soon! :)

Did you try to move them to Suicune? Its Safeguard ability prevents damage and effects from all EX Pokemon, including your own.

I have no idea what's causing the whole "select two Pokémon" thing; that sounds like a bug. As for the discarding, are you sending the Energy to Safeguard 'mons?

And just curious here, which Primal Kyogre are you using: the one with Alpha Growth, or the one with Theta MAX?

(If the start of that last sentence looks awkward, you can thank the forum's broken censors for that.)

Duh, caught me there, I chose Suicune, that explains that part. Thanks a lot!

But yeah, that whole 2 Pokemon thing must be a bug. Not sure whether it only wants you to choose 2 Pokemon if you choose a Safeguard Pokemon though. It's the one with Theta Max.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there GilgameshFFV!

As has been explained, Suicune's Safeguard Ability would cause the Energy to be discarded. Thanks for the explanations, Trainers! :)

We have been unable to reproduce your second report. When prompted to transfer Energy via the Tidal Storm attack, only one Pokémon can be selected. If you experience this again and can provide a game log and/or screenshots depicting the incident, we would appreciate if you could submit those to us via support ticket. You can save the game log from your match by clicking the Social Menu, clicking the Game Log tab, and clicking "Export". This will copy it to your Clipboard where you can paste it into a .txt file and attach it to your ticket. You can create a ticket by clicking the link in my signature, signing in, and clicking "Ask a Question".

Thanks for your patience! :)

Archived