[GENERAL] Installation - Game Crashed

Toothandmeat

I went to update the game about two weeks ago, and before it finished installing I accidentally closed the update window. Now the game won't start at all, and I'm told to contact an admin. Is there anyway I can retrieve all of my cards or do I just have to delete everything and start over from scratch. My profile on this website still functions it's just the game itself will no longer load at all.

I went to update the game about two weeks ago, and before it finished installing I accidentally closed the update window. Now the game won't start at all, and I'm told to contact an admin. Is there anyway I can retrieve all of my cards or do I just have to delete everything and start over from scratch. My profile on this website still functions it's just the game itself will no longer load at all.

Hello Toothandmeat,

An complete uninstall and a fresh install should resolve this issue. If after this you are still having issues, please open a ticket by clicking the support portal link in my signature. The support team can walk you through a few steps and have you back in the game in no time!

Yes, you will still have all of your cards and items, as they are saved server-side and not on your hard drive.

Here are some instructions for reinstalling the game; hope it helps!

1. Go to the Programs and Features section your computer's Control Panel. Select the game and uninstall it.

2. Go to the directory where the game was installed. The default directory is C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData.

3. The game stores files in the LocalLow and Roaming folders. Go into the LocalLow folder and delete the "The Pok_mon Company International" folder. Go into the Roaming folder and delete the "Pokémon Trading Card Game Online" folder.

4. Empty your Recycle Bin.

Once you've completed this process, please delete any previously download installation files that you may have saved on your hard drive, then grab the latest installer from www.pokemontcg.com/download and reinstall the game.

Improve Game Performance

• Ensure that you have the newest video and audio drivers for your system, downloaded from manufacturer website.
  • Once in the game, go to your Settings and change performance to "Fastest" and uncheck the special effect boxes.
  • Try switching the game to windowed mode from the in-game Settings.
  • Run a virus / malware scan. From your Windows system accessories run Disk Defragmenter.
  • Before running TCGO, close any unnecessary background programs (web browsers, word processor, etc.).

I have Uninstalled the game from my Programs and Features in the Control Panel, I deleted the installer download and the desktop shortcut. That's all I know. I can't find my App/Data or anything else. I'm not good with computers I have no idea where anything is, I have Windows 8. I redownloaded the game to see if that was enough, when the game turned on it was just a black window so I re-deleted all of that again.

Archived