Ideas to smoothen deck/card management

Mekkah

1) Right now, you can quickly go to edit your deck after a playing a game. I'd like to see more "shortcuts" like that to reduce the amount of times you have to click and load pages. I think the most important one right now would be to let you play with a deck right after saving it. The game tells you to "try it out!" right after saving and it'd be nice to have a single click lead you into a versus match, or at least into the versus screen with that deck selected.

2) An option to turn off the greyed out (unavailable) cards being added to your deck would be good, especially when you have multiple versions of a card. For example, if I own 2 regular VS Seeker and 2 RH ones and I want to play four VS Seeker, the ctrl-drag trick (that lets you add 4 of the same card at once) is no good. Alternatively, just let me add those all at once in some other way.

3) Give an option to treat RH and non-RH (or even RA and FA) the same. Like above, but would be very useful for trading. If I'm looking for a VS Seeker just to play in my deck, I don't really care which version I get. But people trying to trade off their RH VS Seeker would not see any trades I post if I put something up in exchange for a non-RH VS Seeker.

4) Allow for a "skeleton deck" to be saved and instantly called when making a new deck. Almost every deck I play has a core of around 10-20 cards I will almost always play. A skeleton I could make would be 4 Professor Juniper, 4 VS Seeker, 4 N, 2 Lysandre, 4 Ultra Ball, 4 Shaymin, etc. By having the option available to pull those up right away I don't have to go through the same motions over and over.

5) Speaking of N, please make an easier way to find it when searching. Allow for something like "N" to search for cards with that exact name. This would also allow you to search for "Pidgeot" and not find Pidgeotto, for instance. Goes for both deck building and trades.

6) Add an "all" tab in the deck builder next to "Pokemon/Trainer/Energy", and make it the first tab opened. It would speed up deck building for me personally because I can type in cards as I remember without having to switch between Pokemon/Trainer/Energy. Right now, if you are on the Pokémon tab and you type "Ultra Ball", you get no results. Alternatively, no "all" tab, but still allow you to add non-Pokémon on the Pokémon tab, non-Trainers on the Trainers tab, etcetera.

Sorry bud, all suggestions were nice and good. But I really can't think the 3rd suggestion was good. Because in all suggestions, you are thinking of "YOURSELF" ! Might think of others as well ? There are people who would find this system difficult. But 3rd is totally out of way, a new player might be confused in the public trades. So I can't support the 3rd option ! Rest all are average to good :)

I will be waiting to hear what others say about the other suggestions :)

Note that I said "please give an option". If the default is the way it is now nobody will get confused. Yes, I'm giving these suggestions from my own perspective, but also with the general public in mind. I think a new player would enjoy seeing the RH VS Seekers in public trade in addition to non-RH if all he needs is that VS Seeker just as much.

Note that I said "please give an option". If the default is the way it is now nobody will get confused. Yes, I'm giving these suggestions from my own perspective, but also with the general public in mind. I think a new player would enjoy seeing the RH VS Seekers in public trade in addition to non-RH if all he needs is that VS Seeker just as much.

Well don't consider me offesnive lol :D I was just trying to put my opinion in the last comment :D

On top, you must think how danger zone public trades are for a new player. Everyday, 100s of them get scammed on the public trade. And creating option like that would make them even more vulnerable. But I do support the other features, but can't imagine just this one doing more good than doing harm. Thats just my point of view, I understand on what you are thinking. Thats why I said, lets wait and hear what others have to say about this.

Have a nice day ! :)

You can already make a "skeleton deck". PTGO doesn't stop you from making a deck with less then 60 cards. It will warn you when you are saving, and you obviously wouldn't be able to play with it but you can still make it. Then just clone the deck anytime you wanted to use that "skeleton" as a base deck.

That's a good idea, though it's a bit more work than the idea I proposed. 

How? It would actually take you more steps to do it your way and it would require you to wait for the dev team to make the change. Not that they would or should in this case.

Steps to create a deck if there was a 'use skeleton deck' feature:

1. Hit Create Deck
  2. Hit create from skeleton (as oppose to create from scratch)
  3. Scroll through and find the skeleton deck you want to use, hit the use button
  4. create rest of deck like normal

Steps for creating a deck using a clone of a skeleton deck:

1. Scroll through and find the skeleton deck you want to use, hit the clone button
  2. Hit Edit deck
  3. create rest of deck like normal

In both cases you would have to go through and create your skeleton deck before hand so I'm not counting that as a step.

You could argue that they make a whole new button beside the create deck button specifically for creating a deck from a skeleton deck. Fine that would save you one step and then its the same amount of steps. But what I said is definitely not "more work". And your proposed method would still actually be more work because of the extra development time. And you would also have to add some way of saving a deck as a skeleton deck.

Why waste time in development when this is an unneeded feature that wouldn't save any time or make things any easier. There is already an adequate way of doing what you want.

Hey there Mekkah!

Thanks for all of the suggestions! :) I'll submit them to the Dev team for consideration and leave this thread open in the meantime for further discussion.

Archived