Tips to be a better Tcgo Player.

Guest Pale-Rider88

Guest Pale-Rider88

So before I start this post I know most of you would want to comment this game is all luck based, while that can be partially true in some cases, we all have our fair share of bad games but still even if you are lucky you can still lose. so anyway lets get to the post.

So about everyone in tcgo wants to be the best, and while these tips I will display to you may not make you the best, they make help you be a much better player then what you are today, please do not hate if you feel as if these tips are meaningless and or pointless, so with that out of the way i'm going to give you 5 tips to be better at tcgo lets get on with it!

#1 Know your deck

When playing a deck in game it is very important that you know the concept and idea of your deck. without knowing what to do with your deck you may not be able to pull of a win. For example, when playing a VirGen deck, the concept will be to power up Genesect with Virizion's Emerald Slash for quick energy accelration to OHKO many pokemo with Genesect's G booster.

#2 Know your Opponents deck and their concept.

When playing your opponent it is important to realize there goal and to stop them from achieving it. Knowing your opponents deck is very important, if you don't know what your opponent's strategy is, you may experience trouble defeating it. For example when playing a deck that relys on a abilty you must do your best to Ko the pokemon or shut it down. Find the weakness and figure out how to beat it.

#3 Taking Chances.

This one is debatable, most people hate to take chances when making there turn, but with my experiance I have come to realize that sometimes playing that Birch instead of N will pay off. Some of you may disagree with this tip which is ok I can understand why, but I find that it could make the match a lot better.

#4 Check your deck to see what's prized.

This on can come in handy, knowing what's prized can be a huge advantage, if one pokemon in your evolution line is prized you will know not to play that card. To do this trick if you don't know,when searching your deck for anything just click the little checkmark in the left corner when you are looking for your card to revel your whole deck.

#5 Don't give up so easily.

When playing a opponent that has the edge on you and you feel as if you cannot win, most people would give up. I am no exception, I would concede in frustration because my fully powerd Genesect would die and I have no more options. Well I have found that even in the worse of situations sometimes not conceding can bring you to great things. I have many times wanting to concede but did not because I wanted to not give up and ended up with the win.

#6 Take your time.

This tip in my opinion is the most important. Before you go ahead and play that N realize to double check your hand, make sure there is nothing else you can do, I have found I have many times played a Sycamore before playing a ultra ball or whatever, taking your time in your turn will win you alot more games, there is no reason to rush your turn.

Now surely these tips won't make you the best player ever but I hope they will make you a much better player. thank you and have a nice day :)

For deck Idea's visit harsu's thread in Deck construction http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/28694-the-best-decks-in-tcg/

-You can only be strong if you truly know yourself - Mr. Popo

well, your guide is indeed interesting. I agree with you, especially point 4 (actually i was inspired by the final match of the 2013 world championship :) ).

Guest Pale-Rider88

well, your guide is indeed interesting. I agree with you, especially point 4 (actually i was inspired by the final match of the 2013 world championship :) ).

That always inspired me to!

Guest Pale-Rider88

I would add evaluating your options/figuring out the best course of action.

Very interesting may add that to list.

Good tips, especially 5 for me :D
Hmm... little expansion for #1 :) With items\supporters searcher cards (like skyla) you should check your deck for 'missing' prize cards or just make sure your strategy (or evolution line) will be available.

Guest Pale-Rider88

Good tips, especially 5 for me :D

Hmm... little expansion for #1 :) With items\supporters searcher cards (like skyla) you should check your deck for 'missing' prize cards or just make sure your strategy (or evolution line) will be available.

Aha that is a very good tip, would you mind if I included it in the thread?

Umm it is a very good thread. Probably would be beneficial for many players. Would you have any problem, if I put a link in my guide for new players to your thread. So they can get help from here ?

If you wish to review my guide, you can get there by clickling on it in my signature.

Have a nice day and a great place for tips :)

Guest Pale-Rider88

Umm it is a very good thread. Probably would be beneficial for many players. Would you have any problem, if I put a link in my guide for new players to your thread. So they can get help from here ?

If you wish to review my guide, you can get there by clickling on it in my signature.

Have a nice day and a great place for tips :)

It's no problem at all I don't mind, I was actually going to ask you to put your link for The best decks in Tcg for deck ideas.

It's no problem at all I don't mind, I was actually going to ask you to put your link for The best decks in Tcg for deck ideas.

Haha ok. Thanks :)

Archived