[GAME] General - Cannot view the discard pile

Machiavellus

When I M2 my discard pile the top card changes to a card back instead of bringing up a dialogue box to search my discard, making it impossible to search my discard pile without simply playing a card that lets me pull from my discard anyway.

Can you elaborate on the platform you are playing on?  PC?  Mac?

It would also be very helpful to know the game state when you are trying to access your discard.  The best way to do this would be to open a support question at pokemon.com/support and include the game log and details about when during the match (that corresponds to a spot in your game log) when you encountered the problem accessing the discard.

Playing on PC with client version 2.30.0.1818.Live.18677:82#741. Windows 7 most recent update. Pentium i5 3.8ghz quad, 8gb RAM, GTX560ti.

This has happened in both games I've played so far in which I tried to check either discard. When I tried this just now against a Nightmarch deck during my opponents turn, his top discard flipped to show the card back, then my turn timer started counting down. Eventually it went back to my opponent and he finished his turn all at once as if his actions had been queued. This likely happened during my first game as well, although I didn't notice my turn timer counting down during my opponents turn, during both games I had the inactive timer come up during my opponents turn after spamming ******* discard pile, however clicking resume made the dialogue go away and there were none of the typical issues associated with the usual inactive timer "bug".

The game state appears to have zero affect on this issue currently as it happened during both matches both at the very beginning when there were only a few cards in play and discarded, as well as mid-game with decent sized fields and discards. I have not been able to check my discard pile since the update. I will play a few games, export the game logs, and send a support ticket regardless.

Recently in a game in the versus mode, I couldn't see my discard pile and the discard pile opponent too. I pressed the button of the pile but it didn't appear the window with the cards. Besides, to press the button, the game showed me inactive until that appeared the advert of inactivity. Sorry for my english

Thanks.

Hi. I can't view my discard pile or my opponent's discard pile either. This bug was actually fix i think around 2.29? that was before Ancient Origins was released. After AOR update, the discard pile bug came back and it's impossible to check discard pile. 

I play on a MacBook pro retina display. I don't think the specifications matter since it's been the same. 

The client version must have something to do with it since it was fix pre-AOR so it must be fixable from client updates. Please look into it. 

Also the entire game pace has also experienced much more LAG and "random errors" popping up since the AOR update. 

Hi. I appreciate that Pokemon TCG gave me an AO pack for helping and giving feedback. 

However even after that token of appreciation, the discard pile bug wasn't fixed. I still can't view either discards and it is causing gameplay to be miserable. 

Please re-look into fixing the discard pile problem, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there Trainers!

This is a known issue which the Dev team is working to resolve, so I'll be closing this thread. We appreciate your patience until a fix is put into place. :)

Thanks for your reports!

Archived