PLEASE REMOVE The option to see Deck!

Spartanclone001

Please remove the option to view the opponent's deck! This is downright awful! It encourages people to copy players decks and discourages creativity! At least give the winning player the option to share his deck! It is as if the new system punishes the wining player by showing his or hers secret ideas and/or hard work. Players should come-up with their own deck on their own. If someone wants to show their deck, it should be asked first!

Please remove the option to view the opponent's deck! This is downright awful! It encourages people to copy players decks and discourages creativity! At least give the winning player the option to share his deck! It is as if the new system punishes the wining player by showing his or hers secret ideas and/or hard work. Players should come-up with their own deck on their own. If someone wants to show their deck, it should be asked first!

Yea,

That setting "Share with everyone" under Deck Sharing in Game should be removed.

The option to share decks should only be allow in Friend battles or user posting on the forums

Encourage user to use that forums that want to share the deck in public 

VVVV

POKEMON TCGO Deck Sharing Section of the Forums

The two above me are ABSOLUTELY right! no pun intended! Terrible option, especially for people who are testing for a big tournament.

EDIT: There is a setting :D

Ok, first things first, just like people have already said,  you can make it so that you opponent can’t view your deck. Now that is out of the way, I think I should explain why it is good that you can see your opponent’s deck.

“It encourages people to copy players decks and discourages creativity”

True, it does give player the tools to copy decks, but don’t they do that already? We have a whole section of the forum dedicated to talking about the decks we have built and sharing builds with other players. Also, this doesn’t stop players from making changed to the decks the copy to account for personal preferences such as the balance in trainer cards. I for one can never seem to get a Night March deck to work the way I need it too, so being able to look over the different ways people have made their decks has really helped me work out what changes I should make. Also, I am able to study newer decks (such as Shiftry) so that I can learn their strengths and weaknesses much faster than if I just kept fighting it over and over again.

“It is as if the new system punishes the wining player by showing his or hers secret ideas and/or hard work.”

I hate to be the one to have to tell you, but 99% of your “secret ideas” are already known before you even make your deck. If there is a strategy worth using it is probably known to other people and will be talked about. Also, what is the point of trying to keep a “secret idea” in your deck a secret? Once you use whatever your “secret idea” is, your opponent will know about it, so there is not much they won’t learn from looking at your deck.

Well, I don´t think it needs to be removed, but it definitely shouldn´t be active from the start. I mean, I need to deactivate it every time I log into the game, which pretty much forces people to share their decks unless they want to remind themself every single time they play the game that they have to deactivate the option.

So the least that could be done is to have this option DEACTIVATED from the start, so that people who want to share their decks with their opponent can do so, but everybody else isn´t forced to do this.

Archived