Ash's Mega Evolution

GrewupGeek

Ash's Mega Evolution  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe Ash will get to Mega Evolve?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If Yes, which of his pokemon do you believe/wish would get to mega evolve

• Charizard, Y version
    • Tauros
    • Snorlax
    • Kingler
    • Muk
    • Heracross
    • Noctowl
    • Donphan
    • Swellow
    • Torkoal
    • Glalie
    • Staraptor
    • Torterra
    • Infernape
    • Gliscor
    • Unfezant
    • Leavanny
    • Krookodile

Okay, I'm pretty sure until it actually happens, I know the idea of Ash getting to mega evolve is going to be an ongoing debate for a long while, along with which pokemon will get the opportunity.  Figure this would give people a chance to get it out of their systems without getting into an explosive debate in public.  Feel free to share what you believe will happen.  For me, I believe Ash will get to mega evolve, getting the mega stone from Alain, and chances are, he might do a Mega Charizard Y, and while it might be wishful thinking, do a Mega Charizard X vs Y battle.  Yet even if it's not Charizard, he still has plenty of options.  As for the poll, I put down the ones that just might get to mega evolve, and before anybody says that some of them can't mega evolve, my counter is that they can't yet, meaning that by 2016, there might be a bunch of new ones coming out whenever Nintendo announces either Z or X2/Y2, or the generation that comes after XY, with Ash being the one to help introduce one or two never before seen ones.  And for Sceptile, as much as I would like to see him Mega Evolve, I don't believe that will be happening to Ash, but rather his new rival, Sawyer, and probably try for a mega showdown during the league tournament.

So now that I've gave my opinion, feel free to give yours.  Just please keep it clean and any arguments, don't go too far to where the moderators have to do a lot of clean up and censoring, unless some of the moderators are strongly opinionated, then use extreme caution.

I think Ash will be able to Mega-Evolve a Pokemon because he is the main character and it would be a good way for him to finally win a Pokemon League tournament by having an over powered Pokemon. I chose Charizard Y because he is not only a fan favorite, but also one of the Pokemon that Ash has a high bond with (close to Pikachu's bond).

I clicked yes that i believe he will get a Mega, not because i believe 100% it will happen, but more in terms of that i really really hope he does. Ash has been too nooby for too long now and is constantly building power only to lose it and take 10 steps backwards. I mean, look what just happened lol, gets a pseudo and releases it several episodes after it reaches its final evolution, can't be too strong now can we. I know the reason was legit and all, he had to take care of his little buddies in the swamp. 

I really like your theory about him getting Charizardite Y from Alain though, i think that would be awesome.

Also, the idea of Ash introducing a new Mega through obtaining it would be just as epic **cough Flygon cough** , woah, excuse me.

Overall i would just be happy if he got any Mega instead of nothing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I dunno, I just can't see it happening.  Ash is still a kid and it only seems like (aside from Korrina) adults have Mega evolved.  Diantha, Sycamore, Alain, Stephen all of these trainers exist in a world that is bigger than Ash's, their 'Journey' is already complete, they are already pokemon masters.  I figure Ash Mega evolving would be like a coming of age story which would break the series by forever changing it's protagonist.  All the trainers who Mega evolve are pretty serious just like their Mega evolved pokemon.  I don't think Ash will 'grow up' to join these other trainers in the club of pokemon masters with Mega evolutions.  At least I hope not.  Ash seems to triumph because of ingenuity and force of will rather than by having the biggest baddest pokemon.

Anyways, part of the appeal is that Ash remains 'noobish'.  I would appreciate a more mature anime featuring pokemon, but messing with Ash would ruin it for future generations, he can't grow up too much or it wouldn't be as appealing to kids, he has to constantly be on his journey of discovery.  Mega evolution just seems like too big a milestone.

Mega charizard would be epic but you have to think about other pokemon that ash has a high bond with, the froakie he used to have and now frogadier, the different form that released of ash's greninja might be some sort of special evolution...

supposedly yeah, like a once in a blue moon transformation, but I doubt it's a mega evolution.  who knows, might happen to Serena when she gets a delphox.

• 1 month later...

I dunno, I just can't see it happening.  Ash is still a kid and it only seems like (aside from Korrina) adults have Mega evolved.  Diantha, Sycamore, Alain, Stephen all of these trainers exist in a world that is bigger than Ash's, their 'Journey' is already complete, they are already pokemon masters.  I figure Ash Mega evolving would be like a coming of age story which would break the series by forever changing it's protagonist.  All the trainers who Mega evolve are pretty serious just like their Mega evolved pokemon.  I don't think Ash will 'grow up' to join these other trainers in the club of pokemon masters with Mega evolutions.  At least I hope not.  Ash seems to triumph because of ingenuity and force of will rather than by having the biggest baddest pokemon.

Anyways, part of the appeal is that Ash remains 'noobish'.  I would appreciate a more mature anime featuring pokemon, but messing with Ash would ruin it for future generations, he can't grow up too much or it wouldn't be as appealing to kids, he has to constantly be on his journey of discovery.  Mega evolution just seems like too big a milestone.

Then what do you think about Sawyer. He's not older than ash and he's gonna get a mega sceptile in xy&z series

Well, after getting another look at the picture from CoroCoro, from the looks of things, I might be right and wrong about Ash's Mega Evolution.  Right that Ash might get one, wrong on which one, because noticed what appeared to be Mega Sceptile behind Ash's Greninja, and with no Sawyer, means that Ash would be calling back Sceptile instead of Charizard.  Either means that the animators didn't want to explain how their could be two different versions of Mega Charizard, along with wither or not Mewtwo comes with two Mega forms, or couldn't find a way to explain it.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, looks like I was wrong again, the Mega Sceptile is Sawyer's, if Ash is going to get a Mega during XYZ, the animators are doing too good a job keeping people guessing.

• 3 months later...

quite honestly if any pokemon were to mega evolve with ash it would be charizard. the bond between those two shadow all other pokemon he's had except for pikachu. 

• 3 weeks later...

quite honestly if any pokemon were to mega evolve with ash it would be charizard. the bond between those two shadow all other pokemon he's had except for pikachu. 

I know I picked Charizard for mega-evolving, but I have to say Greninja could be the mega-evolver for Ash's team. He does seem to have a pretty stronger bond with him that goes along the bond with Pikachu and Charizard. Plus, Ash used Greninja to win a badge instead of directly using Pikachu, which means he trusts Greninja quite a bit.

• 2 months later...

Well, feeling disappointed.  The closed thing Ash gets to Mega Evolution is Spirit Evolution, and none of his older pokemon will be making a return.  Talk about getting your hopes up for nothing.  And if they don't comeback to help fight against Team Flare, then the people working on the series are bigger idiots then Ash.  And can't be a spoiler, since by now, everybody already knows, and haven't revealed anything that could be considered as such.

Archived