Sign in to follow this  
ghostheart94

[GENERAL] Login - "Cannot connect to server" error

ghostheart94

Hi! I just got a new laptop, installed TCG without a problem, but when i open it to play it takes awhile on the refresher page then says cannot connect to server, i uninstalled and reinstalled, same thing, ran troubleshooters, changed setting etc, nothing.

it runs fine on my old laptop but not on my new one.

Mod_Poplar

Hello ghostheart94,

Is this new computer running Windows 10? We do not currently support Windows 10.

However, I would recommend locating your Pokémon TCG Online folder and running the game from the Refresher.exe file. That usually prompts the refresher to load properly. :)

Xolram

Hi,

Do you know when Windows 10 will be supported? I'm itching to play this game.

Or maybe just another way to be able to play it?

Mod_Poplar

Hi Xolram!

While it is not officially supported yet, if you'd like to post your issue in a separate thread, a Moderator or another Windows 10 user who's had the same problem may be able to assist. If you're experiencing the same issue as the one here, looking into port forwarding may help.

The Pokémon TCG Online has four ports that need to be opened for the game to function properly: 39389, 8181, 5222 and 6967. 6967 is the "gateway" port that the client connects to momentarily to get information on which connection servers are available and their IP addresses. 8181 is the port that client makes a dedicated connection to in order to play the game. 5222 is for connection to the chat server. If you do not know how to check if these ports are open, we recommend using your preferred search engine to search for "(Name of router/modem) port forwarding".
If asked if the ports are to be configured as UDP or TCP, select both.

Hope this helps!

Sign in to follow this