Do You Think Shiftry Will be Played?

pokemasterTz

Shiftry's Playability  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Is Shiftry Going to be Played in Expanded?

• Yes, it will be played in Expanded, its Ability is Very Powerful.
    • No, it will not be played, Wobbuffet, Hex Maniac and Theta Stop are too Much for it.
    • I'm not sure, their is support for both sides.

It's a tough call. You need forest for set up and Sky Field for it to be a guarantee to be good. Limited tests prove feutal, because on player and one deck aren't a good test for matchups. Besides, there's arches to worry about.

I'm not concerned, until it gives me a reason to be concerned.

I think Shiftry decks (both the grass and dark, but especially dark Shiftry) will have a lot more potential with the Giant Plant Forest stadium and unown with ability, but I could be wrong; gimmicky-ish decks aren't really something I have experience with. Funnily enough, my husband started gathering currently-obtainable needed cards for this deck last night. XD

Been playtesting the deck for quite some time now, it will def. see play :D.

This man (I suspect a very creative and good deck making TCG mind) its all because of him. He put up his idea of Shiftry Dark type, which  very powerful and only counter I can think of garboder :mellow:

For the grass Shiftry it can be played, but that Shifry deck is awesome. Hats of to the creator --> Felidae_ and respect to such deck creators :P But you have endangered me. Can't think of many counters, but I will come up with one soon :P :cool:  :D

This man (I suspect a very creative and good deck making TCG mind) its all because of him. He put up his idea of Shiftry Dark type, which  very powerful and only counter I can think of garboder :mellow:

For the grass Shiftry it can be played, but that Shifry deck is awesome. Hats of to the creator --> Felidae_ and respect to such deck creators :P But you have endangered me. Can't think of many counters, but I will come up with one soon :P :cool:  :D

Actually harshu, it's been hyped on the web since scans were leaked, so I don't think felidae was the first to come up with it but he could be. Also, wobuffet, theta stop, hex maniac and Garbodor as counters.

People are crazily copying this Shiftry deck. I not at all like, why they are copying so. And after the Green stadium, forest of giant plants, you can lose turn 1 without attacking. So actually those counters will never be there to help. Other than Wobbuffet, none can stop the Shiftry turn 1 !

I am going to find a counter to it.

People are crazily copying this Shiftry deck. I not at all like, why they are copying so. And after the Green stadium, forest of giant plants, you can lose turn 1 without attacking. So actually those counters will never be there to help. Other than Wobbuffet, none can stop the Shiftry turn 1 !

I am going to find a counter to it.

Theta stop can harshu, it's the new ancient trait, baltoy and m sceptile have it, the trait stops effects done to the Pokemon by abilitys.

Oh by no means was I the first one to come up with the idea, I'm sure :D, mainly because I didn't followed the spoilers until every card was leaked and hence I started rather late to work on my final list ^^.

You can follow the discussion around the archetype and the potentiol impact on the meta game here:

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/32387-shiftry-donk-%E2%80%93-welcome-to-the-new-meta-expanded/

Oh by no means was I the first one to come up with the idea, I'm sure :D, mainly because I didn't followed the spoilers until every card was leaked and hence I started rather late to work on my final list ^^.

You can follow the discussion around the archetype and the potentiol impact on the meta game here:

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/32387-shiftry-donk-%E2%80%93-welcome-to-the-new-meta-expanded/

You just proved me wrong. But Now I got even a better Idea to use this card. Got a partial very good counter stated by PokemasterTz and good combination of deck. Now my next goal is to get the cards for my next deck :D Haha, and then we can discuss it :D

Remember that tournament is the best of 3 round. Therefore, if you cannot go first in just a SINGLE game in the knock out round, your opponent will by some means find a way to counter you with every cards that listed above, and that can be an auto lose if baltoy hit the field(very easy because it can be search by the ball and computer search). People when realizing this will be a popular choice will start to main deck Baltoy or Wobbuffet despite of losing consistency. That makes it become mainly a rogue deck rather than a freaking meta deck

Remember that tournament is the best of 3 round. Therefore, if you cannot go first in just a SINGLE game in the knock out round, your opponent will by some means find a way to counter you with every cards that listed above, and that can be an auto lose if baltoy hit the field(very easy because it can be search by the ball and computer search). People when realizing this will be a popular choice will start to main deck Baltoy or Wobbuffet despite of losing consistency. That makes it become mainly a rogue deck rather than a freaking meta deck

Keep In mind, the loser chooses the coin flip. It's likely the first flip of the coin is how the game will end up. (assuming that you don't hit Baltoy/ Wobuffett twice as an opener)

This is irrelevant to the topic, but how many Baltoys and Wobs you main deck in your Ray deck, Bat? Oh, and also thank you for clearing my point of view

This is irrelevant to the topic, but how many Baltoys and Wobs you main deck in your Ray deck, Bat? Oh, and also thank you for clearing my point of view

I only play 3 Baltoy, but I'm able to get it out most of the time. If you want to see the deck I've been slaying the ninja tree with, chest this out:

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/32967-banned-shiftry-now/?p=395322

It's 43-0 against shiftry, but 73-11 regularly. It's not my best deck, but it does really well none the less.

I have seen your Vespi deck. I just wondered how many baltoy I should put in my ray decks because they can be dead draw for me

And what do you use to counter sigy?

I have seen your Vespi deck. I just wondered how many baltoy I should put in my ray decks because they can be dead draw for me

And what do you use to counter sigy?

Since it's a dark variant of Rayquaza, I use Yveltal XY as a safeguard counter.

For your M Ray deck, I'd recommend about how many I play (2-3) so you can get the most out of them, in expanded and Standard.

Since it's a dark variant of Rayquaza, I use Yveltal XY as a safeguard counter.

For your M Ray deck, I'd recommend about how many I play (2-3) so you can get the most out of them, in expanded and Standard.

Against safeguard, Raichu is cool too, its also helpful against Yvetal and other M Rayquaza decks (if they do not play Altaria).

Archived