The PTCGO Donation Stand (Free Cards for New Players and The Place to go if You have Unwanted Cards)

pokemasterTz

Introduction

Hello, fellow PTCGO Players, and welcome to this thread! Let me explain what the purpose of this thread is. I am sure all you new players out there are getting to know and enjoy this game! However, I’m sure you have had your problems making your deck, getting the cards you need, and learning how to master the game. If you’re a new player, I would recommend looking at Harshu’s new player guide, and Zaft Academy for help, they are both great sources! But, even if you are the best player in the world, you still can’t win without the right cards. This threads goal is to help provide new players with a few cards to help them, and get their collection started. Now, before we begin, I must make a brief mention to our absolutely fantastic trading company's. Violet City, The Top Cut, Zaft and Dragon Storm are all amazing, and if you have a few packs to spare, totally check out their threads! Anyways, back to this thread. Basically,what is going to go on is the following; Older, more experienced players have a ton of cards, and guess what? They often have five or more compiles of commons, uncommons, trainers, and even rares! These go to waste in their collection, and just sit there, not even in a deck. Well, no more! If you have any spare cards, “donate” them, help a new player out, and get a warm and fuzzy feeling inside!

How It Is Going To Work

If your collection is filled with cards you don't need, post, saying: I would like to donate the following and say what card your donating, what set it is from, and the quantity your giving. Then, a new player comes, sees some cards he or she wants, and posts I would like to claim these cards, and says a few cards that are in the donation pool. The new player then sends a trade to the player whose donating, and receives the cards he or she wants. I will help new players keep track of what cards are still available by posting “ current donation pool” and what cards are available for grabs. Keep in mind though, I can’t always do this, so always post after you have taken cards, so people can see what cards are still available. Also, I am looking for people who could post the donation pool as often as possible, so post if you can help out by posting the remaining cards in the donation pool! I would really appreciate if you could help out this way!

Rules

1.) Be nice, friendly and respectful!
2.) New players, only take your fair share! To enforce this, you must follow the following: using the prices of the Violet City Trading Company, each donation a player takes cannot exceed a value of five. There is only one exception: if there is a single card someone donates that exceeds a value of five, you may take it. However, if this happens, your “cool down time” will be doubled.
3.) You will be given a two week cool down time after you accept a donation In which you cannot accept a donation to prevent a player from getting to much.
4.) If you are donating: all donations are final.
5.) If you are not a new player, you may not order. This is a thread to help new players get cards they need, not for a greedy player to get free cards. Honestly, if you take from a new player, there is something wrong with you. Use your judgement: my definition of “ new” is this: you need the cards, and you can put them to good use: think, could someone use these better? If you believe you can put the cards to good use, take them, otherwise don’t! You must have a tradeable item to claim your cards, because to send a trade, you must have something to trade. Get something random that's tradeable through codecards from real lif e packs, cards or packs from the winners prize wheel, or the Pikachu collection box in the shop which is only 55 tokens under avatar which is probably the best way! Remember to tag for trade!
6.) You cannot take what you don’t need, and can’t take more than four copies of a card, though you can donate more than four of one card.
7.) All donations are accepted! Packs, commons, everything! Consider donating!
8.) Be nice and consider donating! Anything helps! Even commons! Anything you son’t need could help other players! Be a good person! Do you really need 22 tepigs?
9.) Have fun with the PTCGO! If you do not there will be dire consequences.

Anyways, that's my thread! If you have any questions or comments, leave them below!

Use the Violet City Trading Company as a price guide! http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/32001-violet-city-trading-company-vctc-roaring-skies-back-to-1-value-until-ao-is-released-online/
Harshu's New Player Guide! http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/31931-new-player-guide/
Zaft Academy! http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/31661-zaft-academy/?hl=zaft
Other great trading company's!
Top Cut http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/25163-the-top-cut-trading-inc-2/
Zaft http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/31644-zaft-20-trading-company-away-from-3rd-august-till-10th-see-feeders-latest-post-for-details/
Dragon Storm http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/31940-dragon-storm-trading-company-20-special-offer-goodbye-roaring-skies-rs-value-10-for-xy-era-cards/

-PokeMasterTz

Current Donation Pool:

1 Greninja (XY)

1 FA Thundurus EX (RS)

1 Thundurus EX

2 Joltik (night march)

3 Pumpkaboo (night march)

1 Kyurem regular (LT)

4 Meditite (PC)

1 Miltank (FF)

4 Braixen(xy)

1 Bronzong (Phf)

6 Ninjask (RS)

3 Poliwag (FuF)

5 Poliwhirl (FuF)

2 Poliwrath (FuF)

2 Tropius (PB)

4 VS seeker (PhF)

4 Ultra ball (RS)

3 Startling Megaphone (FF)

6 Roller Skates (XY)

4 Muscle Band (XY)

2 Lysander (FF)

3 Flaming Torch (FF)

3 Switch

8 Double Dragon Energy (RS)

I will start by donating a few cards:

3 Switch

3 Roller Skates

4 Braixen(xy)

1 Bronzong (Phf)

This is a very small donation just to start, and I will donate more in the future! You can donate even less than this! anything Is accepted.

ill donate the first ex's

1 fa thundurus ex (roaring skies) -3 pack value

1 thundurus ex (roaring skies) -2 pack value

equels exactly 5 packs in companies, please only new players accept donation, if you are not new or create a fake account just to claim, you have something wrong with you. I'm doing this to help out a new player.

my in game name is the same

I'll be donating:

1 Greninja (XY)

2 Joltik (night march)

1 Kyurem regular (LT)

4 Meditite (PC)

1 Miltank (FF)

6 Ninjask (RS)

3 Poliwag (FuF)

5 Poliwhirl (FuF)

2 Poliwrath (FuF)

2 Tropius (PB)

TRAINERS

4 VS seeker (PhF)

4 Ultra ball (RS)

3 Roller Skates (XY)

4 Muscle Band (XY)

2 Lysander (FF)

3 Flaming Torch (FF)

@ Pokemaster: I think it would be easiest if the person who has the cards edits their list after cards have been claimed instead of filling up this thread with a whole bunch of confusing and pointless posts. I also think this is a great idea that needs to be promoted a lot so people can find it :)

I'll be donating:

1 Greninja (XY)

2 Joltik (night march)

1 Kyurem regular (LT)

4 Meditite (PC)

1 Miltank (FF)

6 Ninjask (RS)

3 Poliwag (FuF)

5 Poliwhirl (FuF)

2 Poliwrath (FuF)

2 Tropius (PB)

TRAINERS

4 VS seeker (PhF)

4 Ultra ball (RS)

3 Roller Skates (XY)

4 Muscle Band (XY)

2 Lysander (FF)

3 Flaming Torch (FF)

@ Pokemaster: I think it would be easiest if the person who has the cards edits their list after cards have been claimed instead of filling up this thread with a whole bunch of confusing and pointless posts. I also think this is a great idea that needs to be promoted a lot so people can find it :)

ill donate the first ex's

1 fa thundurus ex (roaring skies) -3 pack value

1 thundurus ex (roaring skies) -2 pack value

equels exactly 5 packs in companies, please only new players accept donation, if you are not new or create a fake account just to claim, you have something wrong with you. I'm doing this to help out a new player.

my in game name is the same

Thanks to both of you for donating to new players. eugene, if only a few people changed a list, then not everybody would have to edit their posts all the time. seems like a hassle but yeah, just a thought! I will figure something out!

I thought that you need some sort of advertisement in the in game chat to help the new player know about this. When I first start playing the game, I don't even know about the forum. Just a small feedback

Attention! I have just made a "current donation pool" list so you can see whats available. New players, feel free to ask for stuff! I will try to keep the list updated.

I thought that you need some sort of advertisement in the in game chat to help the new player know about this. When I first start playing the game, I don't even know about the forum. Just a small feedback

SinisterRay, I actually thought of doing that, and posted a bit on the chats earlier. No response yet though:) Thanks for the feedback!

No stop this please

Don't ever give away the cards yet. Please I want to explain the consequences and harms in this.

Please don't start it yet Please !

Alirght I had to post it because I saw 5 members reading this forum and expected that one would order. I am posting a new comment for the consequences and hards.

Firstly, you are disbeying the rules of forums. Though you are doing such a noble cause and Pokemon community will appreciate it, but giving away on the forums is prohibited for a reason. This is because --

1. How will you know if a player is new ?

2. More and more multiple accounts will be made to exploit you people and you guys, who really want to help will be giving away your cards to really rich and greedy people.

2 Points are enough, more over, new players won't even know about the forums much. On top of that, all will happen is the pool will be finished from exploitation and all your Good and noble work would have been helping rich and greedy people, making rich more rich.

I hope you understand why this is wrong and why you should stop this.

Kindly return the donated cards to the players and if you really want to give away your cards helping out players, PM me in the game, there are some threads where you can help out new players. I have been talking to many new players daily and know many. But please don't do like this. If you really find a new player help him.

When I was new, Players like --> Awesome_guy, azimuthal_, golfcoast, omnitalent, Iron_bat and many others mainly from TCL helped me with many things. They never give away openly rather help new players when they come across in a game.

I hope you understand and thanks for these players who helped me out :) Sorry if I forgot someone :(

Hello pokemasterTz,

We will be closing this thread. This is for the protection of the community. We understand this thread was made with the best intentions but threads like this tend to bring out a few bad apples and bad situations.

If you'd like to help out players, the chat lobbies are a good place to find players looking for all sorts of things. Public trades are also a good place to look for players wanting those extra cards you have.

Thank you for understanding!

Archived