Bringing the cards to life

GrewupGeek

The game is good, especially when it comes to being used as practice for the real thing.  One sad thing is that Nintendo didn't keep making new video games for the Game Boys and DS, or even the Wii U.  Anyway, too bad the cards don't come to life like some video games, where the creature in the picture pops out when played.  Sure the moves are more limited when compared to the adventure games, but who wouldn't want to see Pokémon come to life, evolving, or mega evolving, attacking, all that jazz?

Although that is a cool idea, I for one would not be in favor of it.

The current game has a simplistic look and feel that is both smooth and feels like the game IRL. This feature would require new members of the PTCGO staff to be hired and take up additional resources that could be used for improvement of other elements within the game. Also, the addition of 3D models would clutter the screen and possibly hurt the overall presentation along with obscuring visibility of the cards and detract from the overall gameplay experience.

Hi GrewupGeek,

I think this is a really interesting idea! I've passed your suggestion along to the dev team for further review. :)

It is a cool idea but I agree with Sapphirewave regarding disrupting gameplay. However...in the context of spectating, this could work. That of course depends on the existence of another feature: spectator mode, which I'm definitely in favor of!

Still, would have been nice if Nintendo made a new TCG video game after the first one, especially with the Wii U and 3ds.

Still, would have been nice if Nintendo made a new TCG video game after the first one, especially with the Wii U and 3ds.

They did make another trading card video game, however it was never released outside of Japan and it was apparently "average" thus leading me to believe that Nintendo dropped future Pokémon Trading Card Game video games for consoles.

IMHO this is a card game and should remain as such.

^this.

The first thing I did was turning the animations off, because no matter how pretty they might be, after hours and hours of gameplay it becomes rather obnoxious to look at the same thing over and over again, not to mention that they take up time as well (LTC was a prime example for this).

The game is using the Unity engine, which is the same engine that powers [Content removed - please keep all discussion on the topic of Pokémon. -Mod. Poplar], so the best animation we can probably get are animated portraits that move around as if they were chess pieces.

I really feel bad for the opener because I like his creativity, and he reminds me of when I was a kid, but I have to be honest here. I can imagine a whole ton of giant 3D objects flooding the screen and causing some serious lag. Also, the file size is going to be enough to put even a gaming computer in a landfill. If the game were to take it to 3D, then we will need extremely powerful and expensive machines to power everything up, which means not only we will have to get an expensive computer, but also we will have to end up with huge hydro/electricity bills, let alone internet.

I like the idea but I would want to be able to disable this because it would take way too much time out of my turn if all cards I used did a 2 second animation. Also it would maybe add like 10 seconds to an opponents turn and people are taking too long of a turn as is. 

Chances are, the wait is due to the connection, not the player.  They could have done the move right away, but it takes awhile to get through.  Sometimes I get wins before the first hand gets drawn.

Problem happens no matter what the factor, especially when it involves long distances.  If it's too much to do it online, then somebody should tell Game Freak or Nintendo to do a TCG for the 3DS or NX where they can bring the cards to life, since there would be less issues. 

Doesn't mean the people who runs the game won't be interested in hearing some suggestions on what to add to the game, or what could be fixed.

Guest PapiDimmi

This sounds awesome.

If it would interfere with your game and just annoy you, there should be an option to turn it off as well.

Oh I agree, it should be optional, yet pretty sure people would keep turning it on whenever a new batch of cards gets added to the game.

Doesn't mean the people who runs the game won't be interested in hearing some suggestions on what to add to the game, or what could be fixed.

Actually TPCi can't pass our ideas to Nintendo JP because the former folks have no right or power to do so. Nintendo JP makes all the calls and TPCi has to just follow along. This is why my suggestion of introducing Dragon energy cards was ignored completely and shut down just because it had nothing to do with the client software of the online card game, which is the only thing TPCi has control over.

Also, as a side note, there is a 3D game that is currently getting a lot of hype, which is the Pokémon Tretta that is only available in Japan, so I'm very certain Nintendo JP is busy dealing with that instead of an actual 3D card game.

Furthermore, making the trading card game a home console game is just plain impossible due to the nature of the card game itself. The card game is about collecting cards and actually playing them against real players. How is Nintendo JP going to implement the cards into the console game, codes? Anyone can use hacks to get cards through fake codes unless the cards use QR codes, but using QR codes would mean the whole card game would need a complete overhaul. Even if we want Nintendo JP to do that, there is no possible way for us to reach Nintendo JP just to deliver that message. The only way for the Trading Card Game to ever hit the consoles again would be for Nintendo JP to actually figure out a way to make the game play out like Pokémon Rumble U but also online. That's one tall order and even if we want Nintendo JP to do that, again, there is no possible way for any of us to reach Nintendo JP.

And now you're sounding like a real buzz kill.  Most of this is wishful thinking, and your saying that we're not allow to share it.  Besides, TCG Online is Made in America.

And now you're sounding like a real buzz kill.  Most of this is wishful thinking, and your saying that we're not allow to share it.  Besides, TCG Online is Made in America.

1. I'm not saying that we're not allowed to share wishful thinking. I'm saying we don't have any power to let it happen, so it won't happen. The communications between fans and the company are cut off completely.

2. TCG Online is made in the United States? That might not even be the case. In addition, only Nintendo Japan has the authorization to make Pokémon games for consoles if not at all. There is no possible way for us to reach them because they are not a Western company. Eastern companies always have been unwilling to listen to feedback from customers.

And now you're taking things too seriously.  Besides, there is power from the fans, but only the ones in Japan, and Nintendo doesn't make every game, they just publish them under their name, and share ownership of the Pokémon Company.  The games themselves are created by other companies, like Game Freak was the one to introduce the series through the original Red and Green versions for the Game Boy, and still making the Adventure RPG ones.  All the others like Mystery Dungeon are made by other companies, like the TCG was made by Hudson Soft, which is now part of Konami now.  Meaning that anybody can make a Pokémon video game, they just got to convince the Pokémon Company to want to help get it made, while also convincing Nintendo that it's worth publishing.

Hello Trainers!

This is a reminder to keep all discussion polite and constructive. :) Additionally. the Pokémon TCG Online forums are for suggestions for the online game only. We appreciate your thoughtfulness but can only take suggestions for the TCG Online.

Thanks for your understanding!

But you probably wish you did have a connection to Nintendo of America or Game Freak or one of those companies and your suggestions, right?

Archived