[GENERAL] Login - "An error occurred when downloading preload data. Please check your internet connection and try again. The app will now quit."

realready

Today I wanted to accept a friend request but the game wouldn't let me. I tried to log out because usually it fixes the problem. After closing PTCGO, I tried to relaunch but when I get to "loading assets" I always get the messsage : "An error occurred when downloading preload data. Please check your internet connection and try again. The app will now quit."

There's nothing wrong with my internet connection. I restarted my computer, I tried to uninstall PTCGO and reinstall it but I still get the same message.

Did this ever happened to someone else before? What must I do to fix that problem?

Hello Trainers!

There was a server update earlier today. Are you still experiencing this problem after the update?

Hello again!

If you're still experiencing this issue, please try running the game from the Refresher.exe file located in your Pokémon TCG Online folder.

If that doesn't help, another Moderator has run into this issue and resolved it by doing the following:

• Update your OS if you have any updates waiting.
  • Update Java. Locate your Java folder and load the "Check for Updates" file. Ensure that you have the newest version downloaded and installed.
  • Update Adobe Acrobat.
  • If you currently have any apps awaiting update, update them.
  • Reboot computer.

Please note that the game is currently undergoing emergency maintenance, so you'll have to wait until that is over.

Archived