Bronzong's ability

choice_band

I have a question about Bronzong's ability from Hyper Metal Chain deck.

If I have 3 Bronzong's on my bench, can I attach 3 metal energies from my discard pile or just one? 

Thanks in advance! :)

Each Bronzong is counted as its own ability. If each say "Once during your turn..."and you have multiple of those effects in play, those stack (1+1+1=3) so links do stack like this.

No need for me to answer since Iron_Bat already did (a respectable and knowledgeable player so trust what he says). 

But as for the Hyper Links deck, Brozong is what makes the deck tick.  I run a strong Hyper Links deck and having 2 Bronzong on the bench at all times is a huge part of the strategy which is very similar to the strategy of Rayeels.  You can get by with 1 on the bench but any less and the deck is just really slow.  

If you are looking to run the deck and get used to how it plays.....I suggest building it Standard then convert it to Expanded and the ONLY Expanded card you should be using is Lv. Ball.  This will get you used to having Lv. Ball back in the Standard format as Ancient Origins releases August 12th.  Lv. Ball makes the deck more consistent and easier to set up Bronzong by turn 2 and even multiple Bronzong at that.

Abilities that can only be used once, regardless of the number of pokemon in play with that ability, will specifically state that any abilities with the same name can only be used once per turn.  For example, Victini NVI 14's Victory Star states:

Once during your turn, after you flip any coins for an attack, you may ignore all effects of those coin flips and begin flipping those coins again. You can't use more than 1 Victory Star Ability each turn.

Thank you all for replies and advices. I'm pretty new to this Pokemon TCG thing and I just bought this deck and played it with my friends, when we noticed, that Bronzong's ability is very very good and it helps a lot, so we started to think maybe it have some limits, because it seemed a bit overpowered for us- rookies! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Abilities that can only be used once, regardless of the number of pokemon in play with that ability, will specifically state that any abilities with the same name can only be used once per turn.  For example, Victini NVI 14's Victory Star states:

Not true. Exeggcute says "once per turn..." and you can use it as many times as you want in a turn.

Archived