Thoughts on Pairing Vileplume With Giritina EX in the next set

pokemasterTz

Hi, so recently, I have been thinking a lot about how the meta will be influenced by these two cards, and it's obvious they have great synergy, so I was wondering what everyone else thinks about pairing these cards together. My list looks like this right now:

Pokemon: 19

4-4-4 Vileplume

4 Giritina EX

3 Shaymin EX

Trainers: 34

4 Crushing Hammer

1 Enhanced Hammer

4 AZ

4 Giant Plant Forest

1 Team Flare Grunt

2 Head Ringer

4 Professor Sycamore

4 Ultra Ball

1 Lysandre

1 Jamming Net

1 Xerosic

2 Muscle Band

1 Hex Maniac

1 Ace Trainer

1 Shauna

2 Vs Seeker

Energy: 7

4 Double Dragon Energy

2 Grass Energy

1 Psychic Energy

Any thoughts are apreciated, please post your views! Any contributions are much appreciated

You're going to need to accelerate energy some way or another for Giratina EX.  You're minimum 2 turns and that's powering up with 2 double dragon energy.  You'll need Giant Plant Forest first turn or you're finished, you'll have a weak basic, Shaymin EX or a dragon that won't be able to attack for a while stuck up front.  I think crushing hammer will be gone by then. . . Energy denial and head ringers and so on might buy you time, I'm wondering how 'game breaking' Vileplume will actually be, I'm not too convinced that first turn Vileplume is going to be so easy a feat to pull off, and to me it looks like Giratina's Chaos Wheel is sufficiently difficult to power up that it's devastating effect is well balanced. 

Not going to add weather this deck will be good or not.........most of the deck ideas will need lots of testing, especially the new ones that aren't just modified decks from the current format.

However, I will say that Turn 1 Vileplume will be a lot easier than most people think if the deck includes 4 LV Ball.  With LV Ball you'll be able to search out Oddish and/or Gloom easily, resulting in you just needing an Ultra Ball or for one of you draw cards such as Shaymin-EX, Professor Sycamore ect....to draw you into Vileplume or using Wally will help get Vileplume out as well.  So having a combination of Lv Ball, Wally and Ultra Ball will make getting Turn 1 Vileplume that much more consistent since you can basically search out whatever you are missing.  What will make getting Turn 1 Vileplume every game difficult will be having to start or draw into that Stadium while having the necessary cards to get the whole Vileplume line into play that same turn.........Turn 2 seems a lot more reasonable 

The idea of a Vileplume/Giratina lock is cool, but the deck is clunky. It eon't be easy to pull off the turn 1 Vileplume, and when you don't your in trouble. Have you tested this yet?

Just some suggestions:

Drop hammers they won't work under Vileplume

Add Unknowns much needed draw support

Add DCEs

The idea of a Vileplume/Giratina lock is cool, but the deck is clunky. It eon't be easy to pull off the turn 1 Vileplume, and when you don't your in trouble. Have you tested this yet?

Just some suggestions:

Drop hammers they won't work under Vileplume

Add Unknowns much needed draw support

Add DCEs

About the hammers, notice I run four AZ, with this, you scope up the whole Vileplume line, play items, then put it all down again with forest of giant plants. Shaymin gives sufficient draw suport in my opinion, dde is he same as dce, only better on Giritina, so no point in adding it.

Hammers may or may not be good in this deck, but in my opinion a deck with Vileplume should run the minimum amount of items regardless of AZ. No doubt they can be useful, it's a matter of whether they are MORE useful than other cards.

The DCEs are not up for debate tbh... You would need 2 DDE to attack with Giratina which isn't easy to get down especially with limited draw support. And even if you do what when it gets KOd? Find your last 2 for the next Giratina? Or wait and charge up for 3 turns, no way the deck is slow enough as is. Also Shaymin's Sky Return.

About the hammers, notice I run four AZ, with this, you scope up the whole Vileplume line, play items, then put it all down again with forest of giant plants. Shaymin gives sufficient draw suport in my opinion, dde is he same as dce, only better on Giritina, so no point in adding it.

I would have thought that it is a given that a Giratina EX centered deck would have to run 4 DDR, and 4 DCE. You can cut out every other energy card, but those 8 cards are more or less must haves.

Archived