Locked cards and cards I cant use - please do something

playhavock

Locked cards are ... a bit annoying to me. If they are in the current format standard or extended - fine I get that - but there are a number of cards that are locked - that I simply can not use - ever. I have half of Legendary that I will never be able to get the other half - because people do not have it or there version's are locked. 

What I would like is some way to "get rid" of locked cards - perhaps I can "sell" them to the "game" and get 1 coin or something minor like an avatar clothing - it really does not matter what it gives me - I just want to be RID of these cards - I'd like to trade them, but I suspect the powers that be might not want us to trade (the older cards) 

So - please give me and others a way to get rid of our unplayable un-tradable cards that gives us something in return even if very low. 

Now, I get why some cards are locked - they came from packs you could not trade that pack or from a deck that you cant trade from - but others I do not get - its ... kind of odd.

I don't know the whole lock thing bugs me in general - but if there was an option to get rid of cards that are locked - that would be great. I really just can't use half of a legendary pokemon! @_@;

thanks.

Problem is codes for the rallying cry decks give you unlimited locked cards, which means unlimited coins :o

As a collector who doesn't like the fact of locked cards in theirs collection I can only support the idea of getting rid of locked cards.

This idea though was suggested many times before in different things like here http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/23907-buy-back-system/

But the previous post showed one of the current problems while we can't ask for anything in return - the free codes that give us easy access to unlimited free (and hence locked) cards.

On the other hand it is likely the easiest problem to fix - just code something that each player can never use a free code twice. Then it is possible to get a small reward back for 'trashing unused cards into the can'.

I for one would like an option that I can 'destroy' my locked cards - maybe even for nothing back. Therefore it is possible you add a garbage can icon aside the locked cards.

Another option might be a new menu in the collection you may add which is called like 'rubbish tip' or 'deleting area', where you can exclusively threw away your unwanted cards - same as we all do it every day with no more needed files on our computer.

i forgot about the unlimited decks - okay, so you should really only be able to get one anyway, perhaps just an option to get rid of unwanted cards - put them in a "give away" pile - someone might need the top or bottom half of my legends I cant use. at least that way its out of my way - its taking up some amount of digital space - not much, but look if I can delete it, all the better - I'd rather not get anything at all then to have them just unusable. - I'd like to trade them of course to people who might want them. Either give me a way to get old cards so I can use them, or give me a way to get rid of old cards I can't use. @_@;

By "locked" cards, do you mean cards that are trade-locked so they cannot be traded away? If so, yes, the trade-lock should only apply to cards from theme decks. I have a large collection of decent cards but I cannot use them because I don't actually have the cards I need to run them. So I was planning on trading them away but I found out they were all trade-locked. This really has got to go.

I Agree with this subject!

I have A BUNCH of locked cards I would like to get rid of (including EX,s which I have over 4 locked versions of that specific card). sometimes I like to give cards away to beginning trainers to help them out while there first starting (and yes some will probably say they need to find there own way to the top) but for me personally I think giving is better then receiving (call me old school LOL!)

Mefftu idea of a garbage can would be great! Just keep the theme deck cards locked or at least allow us to trade cards that we have 5 or more of the same copy (since you can only use 4 of that card per deck)

To add insult to my woes a present (that you get from the random wheel) gave me "Legend box" --- really game? Legend box. I CANT USE IT!!!! :( (URL removed) Is there a way to post pictures / urls ???? anyway ... Look at this, just look at it! the rage - the rage! anyone have the top half of the one and bottom half of the other? Oh wait - you do? Oh they are locked?! HAHAHhahahahaahha *loses mind*

Hello!

This has been suggested multiple times in the past, but I'll submit your unique take on the matter to the Dev team for consideration. In the meantime, this thread will remain open for further discussion.

Thanks for your input! :)

thanks - my url was eaten  guess I can't post images or anything. I hope something will change. 

locked = sad face.

just was a screen shot showing the top half of one legend bottom of a different one and 2 legend box's....

>_<

[Content removed - posting complaints about rules enforcement is not permitted. Please keep discussion appropriate for all ages. -Mod. Poplar]

Hey there Trainers!

Posting images or links to websites other than official Pokémon sites is not permitted, sorry. This is in order to keep the forums official and maintain the safety and privacy of all community members. You can read more about this rule and others via the Pokémon TCG Online Forums Rules, linked at the bottom of every forum page. However, posting complaints about rules enforcement is not permitted.

Thanks for your understanding, and let's get this thread back on-topic. It has been left open for further discussion of the input in the original post. :)

Aye, but the feedback threads in all forums in general, not just here, are only there so that players discuss ideas about the game. The feedback will generally be ignored unless there are a whole ton of people wanting the same thing from the developers. Even then, the chances of that happening is very slim.

Lets not derail the topic - I understand no links from other pages - was unaware of it, no problem, back on topic!
LOCKED CARDS MAKE ME SAD FACE.
Okay!!

So I have one of this:
http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/pokemon-cards/hgss-series/hgss4/99/

One of this:

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/pokemon-cards/hgss-series/hgss3/90/

And two of this:
http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/pokemon-cards/hgss-series/hgss3/75/

All of them are locked. I posted in trade asking if anyone has the top/bottom half - no one has said anything.
So, again - if you had them, but they were locked as well-  we have unplayable cards. That is sad-face.

I want to be able to play with them!

Several ideas:

1 Unlock locked cards, so we can trade them.

2 Sell locked cards for a small amount of coin and/or for avatar items.
(with exception of theme deck cards)

3 Add a filter for searching for cards so you can see what ones are tractable (unlocked cards) this will only be
of need should any of the above not be done.

4 Have cheep packs in the game store for "unlimited" these packs would contain cards from the older sets, allowing you to complete collection and play with your cards you can not play with now - perhaps even have it be 20 cards a pack so that you can finish the unlimited set faster.

5 Have a reward of 4 of all the unlimited cards - some big challenge - I recall they had some cool challenges that you got stamps for and when you got all the stamps you got your promo card. I do not recall them all but these are the ones I do recall: Make a deck with no trainers, make a deck with all colorless pokemon, Do (X) amount in one hit - stuff like that I can't recall them all and I found a webpage but I couldn't read what the challenges were. Of course just making a deck without trainers isn't hard - winning a few matches with it would be - perhaps vs the computer AI.

6: Rotate out the unlimited cards and unlimited format - why not? If we can't get those cards (like we could IRL) then why have them at all? All the unlimited cards go "poof" along with decks you had - you should (in my view) receive some compensation for all the cards you lost, be it coins or booster packs or something like that.

And there are my ideas for possible solutions to this, somewhat bothersome issue. Thanks.

Lets not derail the topic - I understand no links from other pages - was unaware of it, no problem, back on topic!

LOCKED CARDS MAKE ME SAD FACE.

Okay!!

So I have one of this:

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/pokemon-cards/hgss-series/hgss4/99/

One of this:

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/pokemon-cards/hgss-series/hgss3/90/

And two of this:

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/pokemon-cards/hgss-series/hgss3/75/

All of them are locked. I posted in trade asking if anyone has the top/bottom half - no one has said anything.

So, again - if you had them, but they were locked as well-  we have unplayable cards. That is sad-face.

I want to be able to play with them!

Several ideas:

1 Unlock locked cards, so we can trade them.

2 Sell locked cards for a small amount of coin and/or for avatar items.

(with exception of theme deck cards)

3 Add a filter for searching for cards so you can see what ones are tractable (unlocked cards) this will only be

of need should any of the above not be done.

4 Have cheep packs in the game store for "unlimited" these packs would contain cards from the older sets, allowing you to complete collection and play with your cards you can not play with now - perhaps even have it be 20 cards a pack so that you can finish the unlimited set faster.

5 Have a reward of 4 of all the unlimited cards - some big challenge - I recall they had some cool challenges that you got stamps for and when you got all the stamps you got your promo card. I do not recall them all but these are the ones I do recall: Make a deck with no trainers, make a deck with all colorless pokemon, Do (X) amount in one hit - stuff like that I can't recall them all and I found a webpage but I couldn't read what the challenges were. Of course just making a deck without trainers isn't hard - winning a few matches with it would be - perhaps vs the computer AI.

6: Rotate out the unlimited cards and unlimited format - why not? If we can't get those cards (like we could IRL) then why have them at all? All the unlimited cards go "poof" along with decks you had - you should (in my view) receive some compensation for all the cards you lost, be it coins or booster packs or something like that.

And there are my ideas for possible solutions to this, somewhat bothersome issue. Thanks.

[Content removed - please keep all discussion polite and constructive. -Mod. Poplar]

You want something on-topic? Fine.

1. The cards you get from theme decks should stay within the theme decks. Also, if you are using any of your cards in a custom deck then it's not wise to trade them away.

2. Selling trade-locked cards for a small number of tokens is a terrible idea because you get less than what the cards are actually worth. Five cards for 95 tokens is a much better idea. Then you would get the same number of cards.

3. You don't actually need this because as long as you didn't pay for cards you won't be able to trade them away.

4. In order to complete the Unlimited set faster, there would have to be 40 cards per pack and even still the collection would be very slow. It costs 95 tokens to buy a pack that contains only 5 cards.

To put that into perspective, you get 11 tokens in Versus, with probably another 1 from the prize wheel, at best 25 tokens in challenges, and 5 from the daily. You only get 42 tokens on your first day. That means, it will take at least two days worth of grinding just to get one card pack consisting of only five cards.

Even this system alone is absurd and I am very certain it will only be worse from there because every developer makes all games worse and worse. I know this because the beta of this game was bad enough already and now they have made it far worse than before, just like many of the other games I know of, [Content removed - all discussion must remain on the topic of Pokémon. -Mod. Poplar]

5. I'm sorry, I cannot comprehend a single word you're saying. Can you break it down into paragraphs?

6. No players in their right minds would ever want to give up their two-part LEGENDs because they spent a lot of time to get them... although I have yet to see a two-part LEGEND gameplay.

oh they definitely listen to the feedback.  They are in fact pretty responsive to player issues.  But like any decent game developer they don't cater to every whim and illogical complaint of the users.  

There are certain complaints which might as well be just thrown out.  For instance people complaining that a game cost too much.  OR saying you don't like locked cards =)

Those are obviously obviously obviously obvious.  As in the developers clearly know you'd rather have unlocked cards and also most people want to pay less for everything, they don't need to be told that every other thread.

if you've got good ideas that does away with locked cards that still maintains incentive for people to buy packs for code cards then let's hear it, cuz I'm not seeing it in this thread.

If you've been following, the game is actually moving away from giving unlocked things as rewards for time spent.  personally that seems right as the cost of playing this game is REALLY low right now.

[REMOVED]

Do you have any proof of this, or is it a mere assertion? It sure looks like "they" are paying attention:

Hello!

This has been suggested multiple times in the past, but I'll submit your unique take on the matter to the Dev team for consideration. In the meantime, this thread will remain open for further discussion.

Thanks for your input!  :)

My unique suggestion will be forward to the dev team. What the dev team does with my idea of course, is up to them.

oh they definitely listen to the feedback.  They are in fact pretty responsive to player issues.  But like any decent game developer they don't cater to every whim and illogical complaint of the users.  

There are certain complaints which might as well be just thrown out.  For instance people complaining that a game cost too much.  OR saying you don't like locked cards =)

I've never complained about the cost of the game, its free - unless you are paying for draft tickets or real life boosters and/or tins. What is wrong with complaining about locked cards? It has been brought up before, granted - but clearly it is an issue that people would like changed.

To all of you I ask again, what use is it to me to have half of a card I can never, ever use? More so that I most likely can never get the other half because the players that would have said half might have that locked as well.

I offered a wide number of possibility after my first posting on what could be done. I have no issue with critical feedback.

BlueStream, you have shut the door on conversation by saying this forum is pointless and going onto tangents about other games and how they too (in your view) are going down hill. I do not think Pokemon is going down-hill and I think that the improvements they have made are really good. Your free to offer critical criticism but derailing by saying it is pointless and nothing will change is non-productive. If you think that is true - why bother responding to me or anyone else? Why tell me my post is useless - just ignore it, in fact why even visit the game feedback forums at all if you think the powers that be will not and do not pay attention to ideas? 

Any way, I degrees - there are times and places for locked cards, perhaps, but then that brings me back to the suggestion above that a filter to search non-locked cards so I can mark them as trade, or "mark all as trade" (even better) - and back to the Legends - since I can do nothing with them, I see no need for them to take up digital space, it might not be much but all the "unused" cards people have adds up over time. A way to get rid of them, do something with them- or even be able to use them - ie, if you have only part of an evolution chain or half a legend perhaps you can fight the AI to finish your chain - perhaps you have a trainer card that is only good for (X) card and you could do something special to get it. There are endless possibility to solve the problem of having cards that in the end, I can not use - and others can not use.

To all of you I ask again, what use is it to me to have half of a card I can never, ever use? More so that I most likely can never get the other half because the players that would have said half might have that locked as well.

the "USE" is that there is a value difference between locked and unlocked cards.  The game wants to reward you for time spent as that builds the community and ecosystem.  But it does not want to reward you so much so that there is no incentive to spend money on the tradeable cards.  hence the dual system of locked/unlocked cards.

If all cards were unlocked, and the game wanted to keep a similar level of incentive, you would get cards/packs VERY VERY infrequently and the game will not feel as fun.   Think about how often you get a tradeable pack right now playing in versus mode.  It is on the order of hundreds of wins to get a tradeable pack.  

Hello again!

I just want to re-iterate that all feedback and suggestions made by players in this subforum are sent to the Development team for review. I've seen many player suggestions make their way into the game, and feedback by Trainers like you has helped to shape the game in many exciting ways.

We do greatly appreciate all of the input given in this thread and others! :)

the "USE" is that there is a value difference between locked and unlocked cards.  The game wants to reward you for time spent as that builds the community and ecosystem.  But it does not want to reward you so much so that there is no incentive to spend money on the tradeable cards.  hence the dual system of locked/unlocked cards.

If all cards were unlocked, and the game wanted to keep a similar level of incentive, you would get cards/packs VERY VERY infrequently and the game will not feel as fun.   Think about how often you get a tradeable pack right now playing in versus mode.  It is on the order of hundreds of wins to get a tradeable pack.  

Okay - I can see that - but , then is there a way to get the legend half's that I'm missing by buying something IRL and if so - what is that product? If the game wants me to spend money I have little issue doing so - but then the game could (should) tell me what product IRL to get to get that item and/or let me use real money to get (X) item that perhaps is no longer sold IRL.

If you (or anyone) is aware of pack(s) and/or tins / deck(s) that I would buy that would give me a code to unlock the Legends - or the packs that Legends come in - please let me know what that is.

Hello again!

I just want to re-iterate that all feedback and suggestions made by players in this subforum are sent to the Development team for review. I've seen many player suggestions make their way into the game, and feedback by Trainers like you has helped to shape the game in many exciting ways.

We do greatly appreciate all of the input given in this thread and others!  :)

Mod Poplar your doing fine ^_^ if there was no room for feedback I'm sure there would be no forum for it. 
Go Pikachu ears! :D

One good idea is use as example what they do in [Content removed - please keep all discussion on the topic of Pokémon. -Mod. Poplar]. When you have more copies of one locked card in your collection, you can "transform" they in points or tokens to buy other cards that you need or even packs and gameplay items.

Archived