[CARD] Exeggcute (Plasma Freeze #4, Plasma Blast #102) - The Propagation Ability can be used multiple times per turn

Gengee

Summon Exeggcute to your hand from your grave. Use them as the cost for a Pokeball, Maintenance, etc and repeat. The card explicitly states ONCE per turn but in practice it can be done as often as desired.

Once it has been summoned to your hand, it is no longer in play. When discarding Exeggcute again, it counts as a new pokemon in play, and its ability is therefore usable again. There is no way of anyone else knowing if its the same Exeggcute you discarded the first time, after all. 

Once it has been summoned to your hand, it is no longer in play. When discarding Exeggcute again, it counts as a new pokemon in play, and its ability is therefore usable again. There is no way of anyone else knowing if its the same Exeggcute you discarded the first time, after all.

This is 100% correct. To further expand the point, here is the specific rule (from the official rulebook) that applies to the situation:

316.10a A card that changes zones is no longer the same card, even if it returns to the previous zone. Any modifiers on that card are removed when changing zones.

Did they fix the using abilities from the discard bug yet?

Ive been waiting to try the Weavile deck I built, but I can never get propagation to work. Last night I played against someone with Empoleon and Exeggcute who seemed to be having no problems at all. Then when I tried my deck I couldn't get propagation to activate.

Kinda fustrating...

There is no way of anyone else knowing if its the same Exeggcute you discarded the first time, after all. 

Actually yes, yes you do in one of two ways. Both players have access to the other players graveyard. This is the same principle when using an ability to restore a card from your grave. It is shown to the other player regardless of the card stating to show it to that player because they have access to that grave and can see it anyway. Second, You can only have 4 Exeggcute in a deck. Having it's ability proc'd 5 or more times, it's obvious that every Exeggcute has been used at least once. While Weavile is a great deck idea, it should still be limited to how much it can do in a single turn due to the Exeggcute's stated ability "Once"

@The_Iron_Bat then they should plan ahead for Unown in the next update, which allows a free discard to draw a card. With some clever play, you could have your entire deck in your hand.

@Micc1313 to use Propigation, click the "use abilities" option in the menu at the right. select the exeggute and click it's ability. It won't work by looking in the grave.

The rulebook doesnt have deductive reasoning. It never has and never will. Keeping track of deductive reasoning with respect to cards that search your deck would be an absolute nightmare.

The new unown discards itself from the bench to draw a card. It cant be abused with Exeggcute.

Im aware of how things are supposed to work. The bug has been listed in the known bugs section for a while now. Im just expressing my fustration that its apparently affecting me but not some other players. Hopefully its fixed soon as i see many players are still having problems.

Hello Trainers!

As others have stated, this is not a bug. For further explanation, you can check out this ruling from the Rulings Compendium:

Q. If I use Exeggcute's "Propagation" Ability to retrieve it from the Discard Pile into my hand, then use something like Ultra Ball or Computer Search to discard Exeggcute, would I be able to use "Propagation" again to retrieve it from the Discard Pile?

A. Yes, whenever Exeggcute is in the Discard Pile, you may use Propagation during your turn as long as its Ability has not been disabled. (Plasma Freeze FAQ; May 16, 2013 TPCi Rules Team)

I'll be closing this thread now. I hope this was helpful! :)

Regarding Abilities sometimes being unable to be used from the Discard Pile, this is a known issue for which we appreciate your patience. The Dev team is working on fixing that.

Archived