[PC] Crashing - Game says (Not Responding) every 30 seconds

pyroguy333

My game has been crashing every 30 seconds since the latest update. It will freeze and say (Not Responding) constantly. If I don't click anything it usually unfreezes after 10 seconds or so but sometimes it stays frozen.

I believe it has something to do with downloading card cache images since many cards in my collection aren't loaded. I've been attempting to download all card cache images manually but even if I get the progress bar to 100% without the game crashing it still doesn't download everything. When I check my collection some cards will be marked with an exclamation that says "Asset Download Error." If I reattempt to download card cache images the progress bar will revert back to around 80%.

I have a slow internet connection so it takes a very long time to download the card cache. But despite the speed, I've never had any problems before.

I've made sure to update my video card drivers, and I've tried reinstalling the program completely including clearing the cache both in-game and through file explorer.

I'm pretty sure the crashes are caused by the card cache downloading but I can't download the card cache due to the frequent crashes. Is there any way I can can download the card cache without being logged in to the client?

I would recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the game, or running the Refresher.exe program located in your installation folder (usually found in "%appdata%\Pokémon Trading Card Game Online" ).

Hope that helps

Seeing that reinstalling the game did not fix the issue, I suggest that you send a ticket into the support team so they can investigate this matter further. To submit a ticket, simply click the link in my signature, sign in, and click "Ask a Question".

Archived