Flawed Redemption Process

shaffer99

Three months ago, my son and I created a child account. We redeemed two theme decks and played a couple of trainer games. Three months later we attempt to login, we forgot the login info. The system could not find an account associated with my email address. I looked back through my emails and found a Parent Consent Request. I clicked Continue "with Consent Process" and got the following message:

"The account may have been deleted since this email was sent because parental consent was not provided in time. Please have your child create a new account."

After contacting support they claim there no record of a child account ever be associated with my email address, even though I have their system generated Consent email, unless I can provide them with the login name??

My biggest issue is that the system allows you or a child to redeem cards on an account that can potentialy be deleted due to parental consent not being provided in time. If thats the case then boosters\theme decks should not be reedemable until consent has been granted.

Ultimatly I want compenstation for the decks that we redeemed.

You should sent a support ticket as is you cannot get help here. I was having a problem with packs and they gave me what I rightfully deserved/owned..

I did. Dont know where else to go. Thats why Im posting here.

[Edited by: Prof. Snow] Please do not quote private support tickets in forums

If the child account was not activated then I can't see how you would be able to redeem codes against that account.

A lot of children fib about thier age to get past the parental consent on many websites. It can create quite a mess. This applies to my own children too who aren't beyond ignoring consent requirements :( Anyway, It is possible to search for accounts based upon first name, first initial of surname and date of birth. I have to do this a lot for the tcg players in the UK.

ps: no I'm not a mod nor am I claiming to be one on this site.

Archived