Is it Possible to Build a Deck Around M-Heracross?

MaSkullzOnFire

It's attack is pretty much the most useless out of all of the EX cards, but seeing as I have pulled yet another locked one I am thinking of trying to build a deck around it.

If I were to build a deck with M-Heracross in I think I would need to add Rainbow Energy, Max Potion, and Aromatisse in so I can heal M-Heracross to do the full 180 damage and Serperior so M-Heracross gets healed in between turns. Or I could possible add Dragonite from Roaring Skies in so I can fully heal it and then use Devolution Spray.

Of course all of this sounds good in theory and would work in a perfect world. Unfortunately this world is not perfect therefore I ask if it is possible?

There's a new sceptile mega coming out in bandit ring that basically has a double max potion ability (without the energy discard) with built in acceleration for 2 energy that also hits for 100 damage. That combined with the new grass stadium coming out in that set as well, can help you put a heracross into play and mega evolve it turn 1 to avoid most of the problems with the mega evolution rule then heal back heracross's HP after big bang horn 1 shots most EX's. Throw in weakness policy or another solid item (since heracross won't use spirit links) and you got a very powerful deck.

I think it's possible. Just like with anything else, you'll probably need to playtest different complementary pokemon and different mixtures of item cards. I personally would go with the Dragonite over Serperior, especially with the upcoming standard format change. The Dragonite's attack isn't bad either, especially if you have room in the deck for Trick Coins. Don't forget about the special grass energy that heals for 30hp when it is attached.

You could build a lot of stadiums into the deck, including the upcoming one that allows for fast evolution for grass types and the one that gives plus 20hp to all stage 1 and 2 pokemon. In this way, you're outpacing your opponent, and you're making M Heracross not only a powerful attacker but also a tank that hopefully can last long enough for you to get the cards you need to heal it.

Again, all of this would need experimentation, but there are definitely some options. Also, you could make use of the Floette that gives all grass types plus 20hp.

You might include Hard Charms for even more defense or Rocky Helmets to start your damage dealing. There is also Healing Scarf. All of these possibilities could start to become quite frustrating for an opponent, especially when you're discarding their stadiums from play. You could even take the path of making disruption your sole (early game) goal and include a bunch of Enhanced Hammers, Team Flare Grunts, etc.

Depending on the item combination and what pokemon seem to work, you could have a pretty flexible deck that consistently can go up against any opponent, dealing 180 per turn. With AZ, you could bring back Dragonites, your M Heracross if it's going to be knocked out, etc. You might also consider the possibility of running double dragon energies and the Altaria that lets you draw cards.

All of this is just off the top of my head. Hope you find a diamond in the rough for your M Heracross deck! I'd actually be interested in knowing if anything works out, as I have a copy in real life and have considered building a deck if I acquire any more of them. It's a pretty overlooked pokemon, in my opinion. One final thought: Muscle Band is good in almost any deck, and you could always use Sceptile EX with Muscle Band for 40 damage Agility (again, there's trick coin if you don't have Muscle Band). This can pester opponents and buy you time to get set up.

Hope this helps!

umm, are people forgetting about mega turbo and herbal energy? dude, mega hera's attack is far from being the most useless. not having link sucks, but you can just run shrine and attack with regular hera's attacks if big bang horn starts to be ineffective. its not a bad mega at all.

Her across will possibly move to an OK tier 2 deck with sceptile but will most likely never be a top deck or a competitive deck

Archived