I need clarification on Jirachi's Doom Desire

Wolfman_11

After searching the forums here I saw that there was a bug with this card. I read that they are fixing it, but i havent found any clarification on how Doom Desire was intended to work.

The wording on the card can be interpreted more than one way.

• Does doom desire only work if the defending pokemon stays active?

• Is Doom Desire a "condition"  applied  to the current defending pokemon, or is it an attack that is applied regardless of whether the pokemon evolves, retreats or is healed?

Jiarchi's Doom Desire effect is placed on the Defending Pokemon. Since the Defending Pokemon will no longer be the same, all effects on it go away. No Pokemon will be knocked out.  ~MR1

That is how it seems to be working, as a condition, not an attack.

The card reads "Discard all Energy attached to Jirachi. The Defending Pokémon is Knocked Out at the end of your opponent's next turn."

The card isn't very specific, and others have reported bugs so I was not certain on how the attack was intended to work.

"Is knocked out"  sounds like a no-matter-what attack,  so I expected a KO even if the opponent retreated.

After that didn't work I reconsidered the meaning of the card.

Since it says "The Defending Pokémon" I thought that maybe it meant that it would apply to whichever defending Pokemon that was active at the end of the turn.

That didn't happen either.

I suspect that the best defense against this card is to switch?

If it is a condition, you should be able to use Pokemon centre lady to remove it then?

I will research it a bit more.

If the active pokémon that was attacked, goes to bench, still will be KO at the end of the next turn (they made it to me).

So if the defending pokemon is still in play (active or bench) and it's THE SAME pokemon (not an evolved/unevolved form [Devolution Spray...]) will go to the discard pile with all the attached cards to it, at the end of next turn.

If it's another pokémon (evolved, scooped and played again) or it's in discard pile nothing should happen.

And if it's in the deck for drawing would be out of playing before to go there so shouldn't have to be KO for the attack but not sure.

So at the end is not a condition that can be healed and switching doesn't neutralize the attack. It's more like a RULE applied to that pokemon (green arrow up/red arrow down).

Edit: last battles the rule changed from combats I had before.

I just played last night, and when the opponent used float stone to retreat, no Pokemon were knocked out.

It seems that Doom desire is not as good as attack as it appeared to be at first.

Playing recently, retreating to bench the effect gone out so, no KO at the end of next turn.

That's different from the last time I ***** Jirachi's Doom.

I have copying my logs and found this.

34. Wolfman_11's Jirachi used its Doom Desire Ability.

It is calling it an ability not an attack.

Hey there Wolfman_11!

If you could submit that as an individual but report in the Report a Game Bug subforum, we would appreciate that! :)

Archived