Starmie/Jellicent Bug

MistyCalls

Pretty sure there are a couple more bug problems when it comes to starmie's swift attack and someone please correct me if im wrong but for example I was battling against a jellicent with cursed body ability which says that if a pokemon attacks it that the attacking pokemon is now confused,

however I attacked it which stamies swift attack which says that it is not affected by weakness, resistance, or any other effects on the defending pokemon but it still was confused after attacking.....is this a bug or am I misunderstanding something?

I believe the issue is in the wording.

Swift says this ATTACK'S DAMAGE is uneffected by any effects on the defending Pokemon. While Cursed Body says the attacking POKEMON is now confused.

Swift's effect is related to the damage dealt, while Cursed Body is related to the Pokemon and not the attack.

It's the attack that's unaffected by such effects, not the Pokémon using it. For attacks that ignore effects, things that affect the user, like Rocky Helmet and Cursed Body, still affect the user, whereas things that affect the attack, like Hard Charm, are ignored.

Archived