Versus Ladder (Time-frame)

JohnathanNapier

Anybody else think that 3 weeks for versus ladder to reset is too long? I got all the rewards for the current ladder in 3 days.

i think its a bit too long but the what you get from them is reasonable enough for 3 weeks. you don't know they might put next time: Could be fire and put lysandre FA in the ladder. They make you wait for getting good and usable cards.

i only got 370 versus points so far out of 3 days so it would take nearly a week to complete mine.

This really depends from what position / perspective you looking at it. To get the 760 versus points you need around 70 victories (assuming you get about one-tenth in between an upset victory that gives you more points).

Two options are now possible:

1. You have time and therefore time is not a factor which allows you to play lot of matches. Then you can easy climb the ladder fast and in like 4-5 days you will reach the last reward.

2. You haven't got that much time / you aren't the best player around. In both cases getting like 8-10 victories becomes difficult. Assuming the first and you play an hour a day you will never get your 8 victories in this short time. If you aren't the world beater you need more time to gain victories and with them you get the versus points slowly. And yes, I know that theme deck mode has the best opportunity to play each other with almost equally decks. But not everyone likes them to play.

So both type of players - or you split versions 2 into 2 seperate types - have different interests. But think about it: Even the fast playing and winning player may not be available for some days and if then the versus ladder is replaced with a new one he or she is annoyed too.

But more of a reason to keep this at the longer time is the point number 2. The versus rewards are helping players in the beginning more than the experienced players. Add to this the new versus ladder reward system is an additional thing to earn more you can use in the game, be it tournament tickets, free cards or tokens. And some of the last listed things are given for free which without this new reward system we all have to play for in a lot of games.

I think these are good reasons we shouldn't rush for newer and faster versus ladders.

Personally I LOVE the new Vs Ladder. I hope to see more in the future. Its a great way for new trainers to get there hands on powerful cards (like EX,s and Full Arts) It may be tough to get the wins if your a beginner but trust me-I have only been here less then a year and I have a nice amount of FA,s EX,s and RARES. My advice here is if your just starting PLEASE DONT QUIT!!!. We all had to start somewhere and look at how most players are now because they hanged in there through the losses.

As far as the Ladder being too long-For a pro player or someone with ALOT of time on there hands I agree (I completed mine in 2 days LOL!) but you have to consider the new players how long it would take them to complete it and for other players who don't have a lot of free time on there hands.

P.S New players-don't be afraid to ask other players for help-some of us like helping other players if you just let us know your situation (like trying to complete a daily challenge)

Archived