about PTCGO leaderboard

tarif15

so i checked the leaderboard and it says i have 204 game points this week . but i have 415 vs points this week . so i wanted to ask , HOW DOES THE LEADERBOARD WORK ? 

i mean , what is it based on ? winning percentage or something else ? cause  i dont get it . if a moderator or a fellow player could explain this to me , i will be really glad . 

thanks for reading this . 

- tarif15

Still not officially released, as there is more work "under the hood" being done on the PTCGO leaderboards.  So, for now, just ignore them.  We'll have announcements when they're ready for prime time.  Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Still not officially released, as there is more work "under the hood" being done on the PTCGO leaderboards.  So, for now, just ignore them.  We'll have announcements when they're ready for prime time.  Thanks in advance for your understanding.

thanks a lot mr. alex :)

• 4 weeks later...

Since you are still working on the leaderboards; may I suggest that you give some kind of prize for the 1,2, and 3 place finishers for each category.

I mentioned this in a thread several months ago but I wish we didn't have leaderboards implemented.  The daily challenges will wreak havok with leaderboard standings.  And personally I'd rather have a fun game than all the issues that happen with the competition of leaderboards.

That said, I hope our implementation goes well.  Good luck, devs.

I mentioned this in a thread several months ago but I wish we didn't have leaderboards implemented.  The daily challenges will wreak havok with leaderboard standings.  And personally I'd rather have a fun game than all the issues that happen with the competition of leaderboards.

That said, I hope our implementation goes well.  Good luck, devs.

Would you mind elaborating on your post ( or if you did, link me the thread several months ago you mentioned), because in my honest opinion, non of your points seem to be valid the slightest.

He probably means that the daily challenges goals conflict with the goals of a leaderboard. The quickest way to complete daily challenges involves losing. That makes the leaderboard not representative, since a lot of matches involve a player not trying to win, but trying to complete their daily challenges.

I'm not just referring to the decks that try to play their 7/10/13 evolutions before scooping, either. Even just decks trying to maximize damage or KOs will play and should suboptimally to complete their challenge.

Well, but those points stand on a rather weak base to begin with:

1. We (or at least I) currently don't know how we rank up in points on the leader board, thus you can hardly argue that 3-5 loses a day due to your daily challenge will inflict your rankings on the board by a huge margin

2. The leader board is determine by two factors: time and win rate. If you don't have a good portion of both, you won't succeed in the ladder to begin with, so why bother at all.

3. Speaking of the ladder, currently there are really no benefits on getting a high ranked as it only proofs that you have to much time on your hands ( or really like the game / do a lot of testing, I don't want to discourage anyone at the top ranks).

4. I'll argue that roughly 80-90% of the player base doesn't even know about a ladder and even if the did, almost non of them would care anyway.

So in conclusion, the ladder is a neat way to compare yourself with others in your region and around the globe, although it should never be used as a means to determine the “skill” of an individual, as time plays a rather large factor. Since there are no inherent benefits, getting a good rank on the ladder is hence only a personal achievement, rather than something to strive for in order to get a benefit.

None of this will interact with the daily challenges in the slightest though and if you really don't want to lose your points, either use your grind evolution decks in a format you don't care about, pick challenges that are corresponding to your ladder decks or ignore those 35 coins for a couple of days, neither will hurt you.

Archived