[CARD] Professor Birch's Observations (Primal Clash #134, #159), card is unplayable after playing non-supporter cards

James_X

Since the new client I keep running into a bug with Prof. Birch.

When play shifts to my turn, birch is usable and ready for play;  if I play ANY other card before playing professor birch,  suddenly he's no longer available.   The game acts as though I just played a supporter already that turn.  (Play a new basic, add an energy, use an item, etc. etc.)

I've ran into this consistently now across multiple matches but it only seems to be affecting Professor Birch.

Tkx.

I had this problem too - Birch was the last card in my hand after I played Enhanced Hammer so I assumed the glitch was a problem with the rule wording where I can't play Birch unless I have a hand to shuffle into my deck.

I believe it is an actually ruling that you must have a hand to shuffle into the deck. If it is the last card in your hand, you cannot play Professor Birch.

Per the official rulings, you always have a hand, even if it contains 0 cards. You should be able to play Professor Birch's Observations when it's the last card in your hand. If you can't, it's a bug.

I can add to the others who have said that Professor Birch becomes unplayable if it is the last card in your hand. Since the only deck that I use professor Birch in is Wailord, it doesn't effect me significantly. However for others this can be a serious issue, because it effectively prevents you from being able to use a supporter when it may be the most crucial (especially if it is the last card in your hand)

As an update to this, it only seems to be happening in VS. matches against other players;  when playtesting decks in the Deck Manager using the "Test" button the Prof. birch card is behaving normally.

Archived