Ban Bunnelby

TheCheese45

The Bunnelby with the ability allowing it to attack twice per turn, if flat out overpowered. For one colorless energy, Bunnelby can discard the top card of your deck. Since it can attack twice. It can effectively start discarding tons of cards, this can leave you with little energy, little supporters and little Pokemon. Combine this with team flare grunts, switch's, etc., A player can easily build up Bunnelby's and effectively crush another player from building up the necessary energy to effectively attack the Bunnelby's. If the opponent has multiple Bunnelby's, when one gets KO'ed it can simply switch to a new one. This really takes away from what PTCG is about, no longer do fights consist of who has the best deck, but they consist of hoping that Bunnelby's don't discard your energies and Pokemon. If the opponent has a Mew EX, it can also use versatile to simply keep discarding. This strategy is extremely unfair, and like Lysandre's trump card being banned from standard in June, I'd hope to see Bunnelby (with the ability to attack twice per turn) banned.

The Bunnelby with the ability allowing it to attack twice per turn, if flat out overpowered. For one colorless energy, Bunnelby can discard the top card of your deck. Since it can attack twice. It can effectively start discarding tons of cards, this can leave you with little energy, little supporters and little Pokemon. Combine this with team flare grunts, switch's, etc., A player can easily build up Bunnelby's and effectively crush another player from building up the necessary energy to effectively attack the Bunnelby's. If the opponent has multiple Bunnelby's, when one gets KO'ed it can simply switch to a new one. This really takes away from what PTCG is about, no longer do fights consist of who has the best deck, but they consist of hoping that Bunnelby's don't discard your energies and Pokemon. If the opponent has a Mew EX, it can also use versatile to simply keep discarding. This strategy is extremely unfair, and like Lysandre's trump card being banned from standard in June, I'd hope to see Bunnelby (with the ability to attack twice per turn) banned.

Well if you say that its unfair, then what if someone uses Durant deck ? Its basically, you must know how to get around these cards ! If everyone lost to different decks, and all of them asked to ban them, then there would be no card left to play with !

I will not say anything on this topic but u can see this topic for reference :- http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/31184-ban-shaymin-ex-or-limit-it-to-1-2-in-a-deck/page-3

Hey there!

. Banning any card isn't something that can be suggested to the Pokémon TCG Online Dev team anyhow, as we attempt to keep the same rules as the real-life TCG (where this card has not been banned).

Thanks for your understanding! - Mod Poplar

Not just Bunnelby, but a lot of Pokemon introduced in Primal Clash onwards have the "Ancient Trait" to attack twice per turn.  The tradeoff is that their attacks are generally weaker than other Pokemon of the same stage (note that the Bunnelby in question can't actually do damage, and has 10 less HP then the non-Ancient Trait Bunnelby).  This is not considered a problem.

Pretty much any bunnelby based deck loses against any top tier deck. If it loses consistently against any 'good' deck, then I don't think anyone can call it OP

Hello!

As stated in the quote above, we cannot fulfill this request. Sorry about that! I'll go ahead and move this thread to the Player Vs. Player subforum, however, in case you'd like to continue this discussion.

one of the victory criteria since the dawn of this game is having your opponent not have any cards left to draw. Decking someone out is a viable strategy and those who use it dont care about your standards of what equals "the right way to win". My favorite decks are mill decks, bring the hate.

I'm sorry but when 1 of the victory conditions is to have the opponent deck out by doing it yourself or having them do it to themselves then making a mill deck is a viable strategy, and its a low HP deck so you should make a deck that requires little to no energy to get big damage in.

I have played against this Bunnelby deck before and won twice and lost once so I don't see it as that big of a problem. I can never beat those night march decks so if anything I would complain against them. 

bunnelby honestly isn't too much of a problem to get rid of.. it has a very fragile 60 hp and mew-ex is even better with a potential two prize cards in one- meaning if you run your deck fast enough you can finish by turn 3..

also flare grunt never was a big problem if you had any kind of discarded energy acceleration like landorus baby, yveltal baby, camerupt magma, mega manec or mega turbo

maybe trying teching one of those into deck would help you

dude ... bunnelby deck aint that good :P i have it and i never liked it . compared to devour durant deck , thats nothing . only 60 hp and lots of attackers can KO it with 1 hit . just try to play around it ;)

how about lets take it a step further and ban all non EX pokemon! they are clearly all overpowered and ruining the game.  or better yet lets make it REALLY fair by changing the game to rock paper scissors.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a couple of decks with one bunnelby in it just to hopefully delay a turn so I can evolve or build up someone I don't want to die. It also helps with putting special energies or item cards back into the deck. Every time I have ever put a bunnelby out it has been ko'd after one turn, unless it was the first pokemon I played and then I might get 2 turns if they have a high energy cost pokemon as their active. Out of all the cards I have played against this is probably the most harmless that I have battled. 

The most annoying deck I played today had some older set card that let you put 10 damage on each pokemon in between turns and then another one where you could move damage counters of your opponent around any way you liked. Combined with the hypno laser and a stadium that does 20 damage when you attach an energy and my poor beautifly/dustox deck never had a chance to build up. 

Hey there!

In order to maintain organization and prevent confusion within the forums, posting in threads that have been inactive for more than 14 days is not permitted. As this thread was inactive before the most recent post, I'll be closing it. You can read more about this rule and others via the Pokémon TCG Online Forums Rules at the bottom of the page.

Thanks for your understanding!

Archived