[GAME] Tournament - Tournament Placement Error

LongChanChan

Was in a tournament this AM at 10:00 pst. and advanced through the first two rounds. after beating my 2nd opponent easily the bracket froze and didnt advance me to finals. when the next round timer reached 00:00 it said next round starts in 60 seconds. after the 60 seconds, the next round didnt start and my only option is to quit the tournament. i hope to be compensated for this bug.

LongChanChan, on 11 Jul 2015 - 8:03 PM, said: Was in a tournament this AM at 10:00 pst. and advanced through the first two rounds. after beating my 2nd opponent easily the bracket froze and didnt advance me to finals. when the next round timer reached 00:00 it said next round starts in 60 seconds. after the 60 seconds, the next round didnt start and my only option is to quit the tournament. i hope to be compensated for this bug.

Same happened to me 5 min ago, I won match, but couldn't advance to final and my final opponent automatically won tournament; but tournament didn't end.

Edit: Tournament ended now and it gave me bronze reward  :(

I just won the first round and the tournament bracket did not reflect my win. It just sat there with no one advancing.

The 60s countdown for the next round came and went and the other player who won their first round just advanced to the final match right in front of me without me even being allowed to play.

Hello there!

I am extremely frustrated that this bug is occurring again! Here is what happened:

Around 11:02 AM PST I joined a Tournament.

Here is the bracket:

TOP LEFT: Person 1 v Person 2

BOTTOM LEFT: Person 3 v Person 4

TOP RIGHT: Person 5 v Person 6

BOTTOM RIGHT: Me v Person 8

I won my match, but it does not show I advance.

Round 2:
LEFT: Person 1 v Person 4

RIGHT: Person 6 v Blank

Round 3:
Winner v Person 6!

The blank means I don't get to play and I automatically get kicked and get 8th place prizes! 

Please fix and accommodate the people who are affected!

Thank you!

Also, PLEASE SHUT DOWN TOURNAMENTS UNTIL BUG IS FIXED!

The tournament finished a few minutes ago and I still haven't even gotten a 3rd/4th place reward.

I have tried relogging

This just happened to me 2 times in a row.  My opponent conceded very early into my first match (both times), the second time was just after i chose a pokemon to send out, and i didnt advance but still got notifications that the next round of the tournament was goign to start

My problem is a bit more severe

I joined a Standard Tournament at around 5:30 EST and won Round 1 through an opponent's concession

I was not advanced, and I waited patiently for the next round to advance, thinking it was a small visual bug.

If only it was that simple.

Rewards? Perish the thought.

Pokemon if you see this and care about your user base please fix this bug and compensate us in some way for our losses.

I have restarted my device, the game, relogging.

I won the Standard tournament but then there was no reward at all. 
I had a hard time trying to get into tournament game because the usual "60 second countdown timer" wasn't showing. 
after 5 minutes into its usual time then did it start.

I am also having the same problem as everyone else.

I've been participating in the 4 ticket standard format tournament and have completed two tournaments in which I placed 2nd and 1st.

Unfortunately the tournament bracket would not advance once the match was over and I was never awarded my booster packs.

Eventually i was awarded my packs later, i guess there was some delay.

but now im in another tournament and i advanced to the third round but my bracket froze and wont move me up.

Its a bit frustrating winning the match and not getting moved up.

Also having problems with this.

I won my second round match (in around a minute worth of time if that matters). I'm sitting at the tournament screen and both me and the other finalist are being shown as advanced on the bracket but the game is not starting. I waited about 20 minutes for the clock to run out just to see what would happen. When the clock ran out we got the 60 sec gamestart warning and 60 seconds later the game started.

We played and I won a 12ish min game. I got 50 tokens from the winners wheel prize box, but I did not recieve an award for winning the tournament - no trophy no packs or anything. I clicked leave tournament once and the screen flashed and reset with 15 min on the Max Wait clock. I hit leave once again and was able to exit the tourament. Its 8:54 PM US Central time right now to give an idea of when this happened. I didn't think to take screen shots but if it happens agian i will take some.

Edit: After 25 min or so of browsing the internet I came back to PTCGO to find that I had been given my full reward for winning the tournament. yay!

Same thing happened to me at ~9:30 pm central US time today.  I won my first match and the bracket showed my game never completed.  The timer counted down, but I never got to play another match.

I saw exactly the same problem twice. Once it occured yesterday to my opponents and I automatically won the tournament (this time I didn't care, because I thought it may be double disconnect or something like that), but today it occured to me after I won my match in the first round. Seems like it's really, really severe bug.

Hello Trainers,

Our apologies for any inconvenience with Tournaments.  The Dev Team is looking into the issue.  

If you haven't already, it would be good for you to visit pokemon.com/support and enter a Question with the details of what happened.  

As a point of reference I just finished a 4 ticket Standard Tournament successfully.  That's not saying that you didn't have issues, but just that some Tournaments are successfully playing out.

We'll let you know if anything comes out of our investigation.

To follow up on this, there was a server issue earlier that is consistent with the timing of you posts and complaints.  It looked to only affect a small number of players and has subsuquently been resolved.

As I mention above, we would appreciate hearing from you via a support ticket (click the link in my signature) so we can rectify the issue with you.

Thank you.

So I was in a tournament, won my first round and it didn't progress my name onto the second line, I waited for a while and nothing happened! I didn't get a second round or any prizes? I know it's not just me so fix it and at least give us our items back!

Edit: So when I logged on, it just gave me a tournament chest... There was no second place or a second round for anyone, wow really? I waste tickets or a chest...

Archived