[GAME] Trading - Theme Decks are not tradable

Karl_Henning

The Theme decks are not available to put up for public or private trade.

The Theme decks are not locked from trading, there is simply not an option to add them to the trade.

Client:2.28.1.1464

Cards: Any Theme Deck

Steps to Reproduce: Create a public or private trade and try to add a theme deck to the trade.

Theme decks from code cards are tradeable. I cannot remember how it is done exactly but I think this is the way: If you tag it for trade and create a private trade with another player they can then counter the trade and add the theme deck.

I have traded away a few Legends of Hoenn tins this way as they too count as theme decks.

This is not a bug, but how the game currently works.  Theme Decks are not currently tradeable.  This is due to the dual nature of what a Theme Deck is (the ability to play in Theme Deck format and the actual cards which can be used in constructed play).

While we do have a backlog item to re-implement Theme Deck trading, it is not a trivial task.  With that same programming time, we could implement some other features that would probably benefit the game as a whole.  Sure, the current system isn't perfect, but motivated individuals who want to get Theme Decks have ways to get them.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Archived