The Mega Decks Club

arkhamdian

THE MEGA DECKS CLUB

Hello , I welcome all trainers both old and new to Mega Decks Club and special thanks to all trainers visiting here to get some marvellous deck ideas which they can use them in both pvp and tournament battes . This topic completely focus to help out each player in creating new ideas along with improving some of their decks . As always this topic is completely public .

Here we also focus on creating decks with the cards that are upcoming in future (aka bandit rings etc ). As always please vote up player's deck ideas as it will encourage them to think more and bring out their hidden creativity :) .

Edited by arkhamdian
  • Upvote 1

GENERAL RULES

Please we follow some strict rules which are stated below to maintain friendly and communicative environment :-

• While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.

• Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.

• Cross posting, the act of posting the same thing across multiple forums, is not allowed. Please just post once in the most appropriate forum.

• Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private message system to spam other members.

• Please wait a reasonable amount of time before bumping posts, at least 24 hours.

• Do not post content from private correspondence, such as email or chat, within the forums. Posting any other persons private information such as email, phone number or address could result in banning.

• You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral.

• You cannot post advertisements or notices for contests.

• Foul language isn't necessary to discuss in here and help people, so it won't be tolerated. Any attempt to bypass the profanity filters will result in an infraction against the user and that post being edited or removed. Using asterisks or any other symbol to disguise bad language is considered bypassing the filter.

Any threads/posts of these above types will be deleted by mods .
Edited by arkhamdian
  • Upvote 1

THE BEST DECK IDEAS OF THE MONTH

Edited by arkhamdian

The Giant Leviathan Deck (Wailord/Suicune)

Now before going a bit further , i would like congratulate all U.S. Pokemon National Championships winner specially Enrique Avila who used a very unusual deck revolving around Wailord-EX that seemingly popped out of nowhere, and took the entire event by storm (it made it all the way to the finals). Now we are going to understand what makes this whale deck so special .

This deck focuses on being a sturdy wall that your opponent is unlikely to break .Because you are never attacking with this deck, you will never take any Prizes, and have to win by decking out your opponent. I feel this deck performs really well in a best-of-three series, as it can take a long time to deck your opponent out in game one, and time often runs out in game two, securing a win in your favor.

THE DECK LIST 

Pokemon (7) -

• 4 x Wailord - EX (38/160 - Primal Clash)
  • 3 X Suicune (20/101 - Plasma Blast)

Energy Cards (0) -

• None

Trainer Cards (53) -

• 3 x N
  • 4 x Pokemon Fan Club
  • 3 x Skyla
  • 2 x Hugh
  • 4 x Cassius
  • 4 x AZ
  • 4 x Team Flare Grunt
  • 1 x Xerosic
  • 2 x Lysandre
  • 4 x VS Seeker
  • 3 x Enhanced Hammers
  • 4 x Max Potion
  • 1 x Trick Shovel
  • 1 x Startling Megaphone
  • 1 x Dowsing Machine
  • 1 x Sacred Ash
  • 4 x Rough Seas
  • 2 x Silent Lab
  • 1 x Shauna

DECK STRATEGY

Having a massive 250 HP, there are not very many Pokemon that can OHKO Wailord-EX. Wailord’s task is to be a huge annoying wall that can absorb a couple hits before needing to heal itself. It will never attack, as the deck runs zero Energy.

In an EX heavy format, Suicune is an excellent wall that pairs well with Wailord-EX. It is a great defense against decks like Virizion-EX / Genesect-EX and Primal Groudon-EX that can OHKO Wailord-EX.

Now what makes wailord so special , they are Cassius / AZ / Max Potion and its massive HP . Being able to remove all of the damage on your Wailord effectively undoes your opponent’s turn, and keeps the wall standing for at least another turn. With VS Seeker and Dowsing Machine, you can potentially heal a total of 17 times in a single game, which should be more than enough to deck your opponent out.

Another way to undo your opponent’s actions is to remove their Energy cards. As we have seen with Seismitoad-EX decks in the past, one of the best ways to stay alive is to prevent your opponent from attacking you.

Sometimes, your opponent does not attack for a lot of damage and you want to save your other healing cards. Hard Charm helps turn 2HKOs into 3HKOs, which gives the Wailord-EX player a bit of breathing room, choosing to hold onto their other healing options for another turn.

Rough Seas softens your opponent’s blows even harder, as those 3HKO’s could easily become 4HKO’s or more. Healing 30 every turn for free is wonderful, and it keeps the wall standing.

I really like this card combo in the deck. Eventually, one or two of your Pokemon might get KO’d, or discarded. You can Sacred Ash several Pokemon back into the deck, and search them right back out with Pokémon Fan Club, so that they are ready to go right away.

One of the great things about this deck is that it runs a lot of Stadiums, while most decks typically run only three. Most of the time you are going to want Rough Seas in play, but if you find yourself against a Night March deck, this can help prevent Mew-EX from attacking after they have exhausted all of their Dimension Valley. Silent Lab also help against decks that rely on Keldeo-EX, as they will not be able to Rush In if you decide to Lysandre a Pokemon with high Retreat Cost on your opponent’s Bench.

Believe it or not, there are a few ways to defeat Wailord-EX. I think one of the biggest factors for its success at Nationals was the surprise. Many people did not test for this matchup, and it caught them off guard. Now that Nationals is over, and Wailord is a viable contender, we look to some ways to counter the strategy.

One of the strengths of Wailord-EX decks is that they remove your opponent’s Energy with cards like Team Flare Grunt and Enhanced Hammer. The best way to combat this is with decks that accelerate Energy from the discard pile. Bronzong and M Manectric-EX are two decks that come to mind, as they prove to do so fairly easily. While Bronzong offers acceleration before attacking, M Manectric-EX deals consistent damage while accelerating simultaneously. This should be enough to outpace your opponent’s Energy denial options, and win you the game.

POSSIBLE COUNTERS

Primal Groudon-EX decks have a huge reputation of being slow, but that is all fine and well when your opponent isn’t attacking you. Primal Groudon’s Ancient Trait Ω Barrier will stop your opponent from trying to remove your Energy cards with Team Flare Grunt, Enhanced Hammer, and Xerosic, and give you all the time in the world to attach your Strong Energy to Primal Groudon-EX and hit for 280 with a Stadium. Of course, this is boosted by Fighting Stadium, and if Suicune is a problem, play Silent Lab or Regirock.

I remember a lot of people hyped Bunnelby from Primal Clash (#121) as soon as Lysandre's Trump Card was banned, as it was a neat way to deck your opponent out. Bunnelby has the Ancient Trait Ω Barrage which allows it to attack twice, and since it is never getting KO’d, Bunnelby has the advantage of discarding more cards from your opponent’s deck than how many it can discard yours.

Another option for Bunnelby is to put cards back in your deck with Rototiller, as you will never deck out against your opponent. No matter which way you choose, Bunnelby is the best choice to counter Wailord-EX.

As always we have named this deck as the giant leviathan deck coz wailord truly deserves this title , i will be back again tomorrow with another great idea so bye for now . Keep posting your deck ideas and trainers with best deck ideas will receive amazing prizes at the end of the month .

Edited by arkhamdian

Disaster Blow deck (M-Absol/Darkrai)

THE DECK LIST

Pokemon (15) -

• 2 x Absol - EX (XY 62)
  • 2 X Mega Absol-EX (XY 63)
  • 1 x Darkrai - EX
  • 1 x Yveltal (78/146)
  • 2 x Keldeo-EX (Rush-in)
  • 1 X Exeggute (Propagation)
  • 3 x Nincada
  • 3 x Ninjask (10/110)

Energy Cards (9) -

• 9 x Darkness Energy

Trainer Cards (36) -

• 3 x N
  • 1 x Pokemon Center Lady
  • 1 x Professor's Birch Observation
  • 2 x Battle Compressor
  • 4 x Ultra Ball
  • 1 x Acro Bike
  • 1 x Lysandre
  • 4 x VS Seeker
  • 1 x Trainer's Mail
  • 1 x Proffesor's Letter
  • 1 x Computer Search
  • 1 x Energy Switch
  • 4 x Trick Shovel
  • 4 x Proffesor Juniper
  • 2 x Muscle Band
  • 2 x Shadow Circle
  • 2 x Dark Patch
  • 1 x Lysandre Trump Card (if playing in unlimited )

*Note - If trump is added in this deck then the amount of trainers become 37 , remove one of the trainer's to make it playable in unlimited .

DECK STRATEGY

Edited by arkhamdian

Flash Block Deck (Seismitoad/Shaymin)

Name - Sinister Sonic Boom

Pokemon -15

3x Noibat

3x Noiverns

2x Latios Ex (rs)

2x Mega Latios

2x Duskull

1x Dusclops

2x Dusknoir

Items - 20

4x Hypnotoxic Laser

2x VS Seeker

2x Professor's Letter

2x Switch

2x Mega Turbo

2x Rocky Helmet

2x Ultra Ball

2x Latios Spirit Link

1x Rare Candy

1x Rock Guard (ACE SPEC)

Supporters - 11

3x Professor Sycamore

3x N

2x Skyla

2x Pokemon Fan Club

1x Lysander

Stadiums - 4

2x Silent Lab

2x Virbank City Gym

Energy - 10

4x Double Dragon

4x Psychic

1x Water

1x Dark

Edited by Edgeman17

Pokemon -15

3x Noibat

3x Noiverns

2x Latios Ex (rs)

2x Mega Latios

2x Duskull

1x Dusclops

2x Dusknoir

Items - 20

4x Hypnotoxic Laser

2x VS Seeker

2x Professor's Letter

2x Switch

2x Mega Turbo

2x Rocky Helmet

2x Ultra Ball

2x Latios Spirit Link

1x Rare Candy

1x Rock Guard (ACE SPEC)

Supporters - 11

3x Professor Sycamore

3x N

2x Skyla

2x Pokemon Fan Club

1x Lysander

Stadiums - 4

2x Silent Lab

2x Virbank City Gym

Energy - 10

4x Double Dragon

4x Psychic

1x Water

1x Dark

Well i am not good at deck building but i think u need to keep 3 skyla and add computer search in your deck. Rock guard can be easily discarded if megaphone or something like that is used . And keep 3 seekers and 1 battle compressor in your deck .

So add

• Skyla + 1
  • Rare candy +1 
  • Seeker + 1
  • Batttle Compressor + 1
  • Computer Search + 1
Edited by Aniketdianafury

Is this to be Standard only?

I think current decks which i see here are playable in all formats as of now . In case if trump is kept in a deck then it is going to be limited to unlimited.

The whole point of rock Guard is on noivern and it works better in this deck then a computer search. Battle compressors don't really help as I can get the cards in the discard as needed with ultraballs. As im not going to be attacking with dusknoir only 1 spot needs to be Rare Candy. And maybe 1 more skyla trade for N

The whole point of rock Guard is on noivern and it works better in this deck then a computer search. Battle compressors don't really help as I can get the cards in the discard as needed with ultraballs. As im not going to be attacking with dusknoir only 1 spot needs to be Rare Candy. And maybe 1 more skyla trade for N

Well add +1 skyla to your deck if you wish and rock guard idea is fine untill and unless it gets discarded . And also increase sycamore line to +4 and +N as well to 4 . Remove -2 clubs from the deck coz u get a easy draw power with sycamore and N . Well if you get 99 % good results with your stated deck then it is obviosly finalised but if results are not satisfactory then try to add some more supporters which i added as + 1 .

I have seen someone playing this deck before not exactly and unfortunately the player lost coz of disaster draws .

Fan clubs are pretty sweet.  I've been using Trevor recently too as a no discard no fail no item lock way to get my Megas out.  Steven seems stupid at first too, but spending a turn powering up a pokemon and knowing next turn you've got exactly the supporter you need is kind of nice, that will be nicer if 'N' truly does get rotated. 

The Giant Leviathan Deck (Wailord/Suicune)

Now before going a bit further , i would like congratulate all U.S. Pokemon National Championships winner specially Enrique Avila who used a very unusual deck revolving around Wailord-EX that seemingly popped out of nowhere, and took the entire event by storm (it made it all the way to the finals). Now we are going to understand what makes this whale deck so special .

This deck focuses on being a sturdy wall that your opponent is unlikely to break .Because you are never attacking with this deck, you will never take any Prizes, and have to win by decking out your opponent. I feel this deck performs really well in a best-of-three series, as it can take a long time to deck your opponent out in game one, and time often runs out in game two, securing a win in your favor.

THE DECK LIST 

Pokemon (7) -

• 4 x Wailord - EX (38/160 - Primal Clash)
  • 3 X Suicune (20/101 - Plasma Blast)

Energy Cards (0) -

• None

Trainer Cards (53) -

• 3 x N
  • 4 x Pokemon Fan Club
  • 3 x Skyla
  • 2 x Hugh
  • 4 x Cassius
  • 4 x AZ
  • 4 x Team Flare Grunt
  • 1 x Xerosic
  • 2 x Lysandre
  • 4 x VS Seeker
  • 3 x Enhanced Hammers
  • 4 x Max Potion
  • 1 x Trick Shovel
  • 1 x Dowsing Machine
  • 1 x Sacred Ash
  • 4 x Rough Seas
  • 2 x Silent Lab
  • 1 x Shauna

DECK STRATEGY

Having a massive 250 HP, there are not very many Pokemon that can OHKO Wailord-EX. Wailord’s task is to be a huge annoying wall that can absorb a couple hits before needing to heal itself. It will never attack, as the deck runs zero Energy.

In an EX heavy format, Suicune is an excellent wall that pairs well with Wailord-EX. It is a great defense against decks like Virizion-EX / Genesect-EX and Primal Groudon-EX that can OHKO Wailord-EX.

Now what makes wailord so special , they are Cassius / AZ / Max Potion and its massive HP . Being able to remove all of the damage on your Wailord effectively undoes your opponent’s turn, and keeps the wall standing for at least another turn. With VS Seeker and Dowsing Machine, you can potentially heal a total of 17 times in a single game, which should be more than enough to deck your opponent out.

Another way to undo your opponent’s actions is to remove their Energy cards. As we have seen with Seismitoad-EX decks in the past, one of the best ways to stay alive is to prevent your opponent from attacking you.

Sometimes, your opponent does not attack for a lot of damage and you want to save your other healing cards. Hard Charm helps turn 2HKOs into 3HKOs, which gives the Wailord-EX player a bit of breathing room, choosing to hold onto their other healing options for another turn.

Rough Seas softens your opponent’s blows even harder, as those 3HKO’s could easily become 4HKO’s or more. Healing 30 every turn for free is wonderful, and it keeps the wall standing.

I really like this card combo in the deck. Eventually, one or two of your Pokemon might get KO’d, or discarded. You can Sacred Ash several Pokemon back into the deck, and search them right back out with Pokémon Fan Club, so that they are ready to go right away.

One of the great things about this deck is that it runs a lot of Stadiums, while most decks typically run only three. Most of the time you are going to want Rough Seas in play, but if you find yourself against a Night March deck, this can help prevent Mew-EX from attacking after they have exhausted all of their Dimension Valley. Silent Lab also help against decks that rely on Keldeo-EX, as they will not be able to Rush In if you decide to Lysandre a Pokemon with high Retreat Cost on your opponent’s Bench.

Believe it or not, there are a few ways to defeat Wailord-EX. I think one of the biggest factors for its success at Nationals was the surprise. Many people did not test for this matchup, and it caught them off guard. Now that Nationals is over, and Wailord is a viable contender, we look to some ways to counter the strategy.

One of the strengths of Wailord-EX decks is that they remove your opponent’s Energy with cards like Team Flare Grunt and Enhanced Hammer. The best way to combat this is with decks that accelerate Energy from the discard pile. Bronzong and M Manectric-EX are two decks that come to mind, as they prove to do so fairly easily. While Bronzong offers acceleration before attacking, M Manectric-EX deals consistent damage while accelerating simultaneously. This should be enough to outpace your opponent’s Energy denial options, and win you the game.

POSSIBLE COUNTERS

Primal Groudon-EX decks have a huge reputation of being slow, but that is all fine and well when your opponent isn’t attacking you. Primal Groudon’s Ancient Trait Ω Barrier will stop your opponent from trying to remove your Energy cards with Team Flare Grunt, Enhanced Hammer, and Xerosic, and give you all the time in the world to attach your Strong Energy to Primal Groudon-EX and hit for 280 with a Stadium. Of course, this is boosted by Fighting Stadium, and if Suicune is a problem, play Silent Lab or Regirock.

I remember a lot of people hyped Bunnelby from Primal Clash (#121) as soon as Lysandre's Trump Card was banned, as it was a neat way to deck your opponent out. Bunnelby has the Ancient Trait Ω Barrage which allows it to attack twice, and since it is never getting KO’d, Bunnelby has the advantage of discarding more cards from your opponent’s deck than how many it can discard yours.

Another option for Bunnelby is to put cards back in your deck with Rototiller, as you will never deck out against your opponent. No matter which way you choose, Bunnelby is the best choice to counter Wailord-EX.

As always we have named this deck as the giant leviathan deck coz wailord truly deserves this title , i will be back again tomorrow with another great idea so bye for now . Keep posting your deck ideas and trainers with best deck ideas will receive amazing prizes at the end of the month .

Please no one use this deck.  It makes the game take forever.  If you play against this deck, attack just enough so that they have to use 10 or so more cards then you (haven't figured out the exact number), and then don't play any cards for the rest of the match.  The only time I played cards was when i had several more cards in my hand than he did, and played N to give me a larger lead in # of deck cards...but again, this match took 30 minutes or so and i only got 5 coins...just not worth it for either person, as it means that no game will take less than like 15 minutes because it relies on someone running out of cards...You could win 3 games in the time it takes to win one Wailord match.

Pokemon -15

3x Noibat

3x Noiverns

2x Latios Ex (rs)

2x Mega Latios

2x Duskull

1x Dusclops

2x Dusknoir

Items - 20

4x Hypnotoxic Laser

2x VS Seeker

2x Professor's Letter

2x Switch

2x Mega Turbo

2x Rocky Helmet

2x Ultra Ball

2x Latios Spirit Link

1x Rare Candy

1x Rock Guard (ACE SPEC)

Supporters - 11

3x Professor Sycamore

3x N

2x Skyla

2x Pokemon Fan Club

1x Lysander

Stadiums - 4

2x Silent Lab

2x Virbank City Gym

Energy - 10

4x Double Dragon

4x Psychic

1x Water

1x Dark

I would say that there shouldn't be 2 fan clubs. They r not very much effective in this deck. Reasons:

1.They r a supporter card.

2.This deck doesn't need too many basic pokemons.

And also the trainer stevens is really bad. Skyla can be more useful than stevens and 2 of skylas in a deck is enough. You can even try taking 1 skyla. And u should take 1/2 more vs seekers. And u need to add more trainers that lets you draw cards as you have a high chance of getting a dead hand. And also try using some float stones. :)

Edited by Hartal

Well add +1 skyla to your deck if you wish and rock guard idea is fine untill and unless it gets discarded . And also increase sycamore line to +4 and +N as well to 4 . Remove -2 clubs from the deck coz u get a easy draw power with sycamore and N . Well if you get 99 % good results with your stated deck then it is obviosly finalised but if results are not satisfactory then try to add some more supporters which i added as + 1 .

I have seen someone playing this deck before not exactly and unfortunately the player lost coz of disaster draws .

I would say that there shouldn't be 2 fan clubs. They r not very much effective in this deck. Reasons:

1.They r a supporter card.

2.This deck doesn't need too many basic pokemons.

And also the trainer stevens is really bad. Skyla can be more useful than stevens and 2 of skylas in a deck is enough. You can even try taking 1 skyla. And u should take 1/2 more vs seekers. And u need to add more trainers that lets you draw cards as you have a high chance of getting a dead hand. And also try using some float stones. :)

^^ This

I agree with adf and hartal on removing fan club from this deck . Draw support is a must for this deck   :) . Upon successfull trials we will add this deck to our deck library.

Edited by arkhamdian