Wailord-ex

bocs888

What's with warlord-ex prices nowadays? This previously 1 or half-pack Pokemon is now being traded for 6 packs in public! Wow! Call me confused... :)

this card actually made it to #2 in nationals giving Jason klazcynski a run for his money.. it's a kind of stall deck which really did well so everyone is expecting a price rise like toad did a while ago in a similar scenario

this card actually made it to #2 in nationals giving Jason klazcynski a run for his money.. it's a kind of stall deck which really did well so everyone is expecting a price rise like toad did a while ago in a similar scenario

Enrique Avila no energies deck?

yep that's it :) this was actually before I saw the finals so I didn't remember the name well..flar

hey just in case anyone needs counters to this deck you can try:

1. energy accelerators from discard pile- such as landorus baby, yveltal baby, m-manectric

2. pokemon unaffected by flare grunt (omega barrier pokemon like regirock promo, m-groudon- which can also incidentally ohko sometimes bypassing all the stall techniques)

3. togepi rs (yes it makes your opponent draw a card- with 8 energy being minimum in a fairy deck, you are pretty much guaranteed to be able to deck your opponent out this way)

yep that's it :) this was actually before I saw the finals so I didn't remember the name well..flarhey just in case anyone needs counters to this deck you can try:1. energy accelerators from discard pile- such as landorus baby, yveltal baby, m-manectric2. pokemon unaffected by flare grunt (omega barrier pokemon like regirock promo, m-groudon- which can also incidentally ohko sometimes bypassing all the stall techniques)3. togepi rs (yes it makes your opponent draw a card- with 8 energy being minimum in a fairy deck, you are pretty much guaranteed to be able to deck your opponent out this way)

Bronzong is also a great counter. Ideally, anything is a good counter though because nobody I've seen play it so far has any idea how to play it smoothly enough.

Other great counters are Exeggutor Supporter lock decks!

one of the best 1 card counter is primal clash bunnelby.

its a COL card so fits in any deck

a basic so no evolution needed
has omega barrage so you attack twice per turn

and one of it's attack is to discard the opponent's top card from his deck.

it also has an attack which shuffles one of your discarded cards back into the deck.

so essentially it discards the opponent's deck, or if it's found late game can add 2 back to your deck each turn.

literally the perfect counter to wailord.

one of the best 1 card counter is primal clash bunnelby.

its a COL card so fits in any deck

a basic so no evolution needed

has omega barrage so you attack twice per turn

and one of it's attack is to discard the opponent's top card from his deck.

it also has an attack which shuffles one of your discarded cards back into the deck.

so essentially it discards the opponent's deck, or if it's found late game can add 2 back to your deck each turn.

literally the perfect counter to wailord.

XY Diggersby is great too because his first attack is the same as Junk Hunt Sableye

oh wow those are great ideas @ semeai @prideandprobopass.. I completely missed those..

however i'd rather use a basic like bunnelby rather than an evolution like diggersby- might need some hunting to get it set up

I've battled this kind of deck before it was featured in the nationals. I was using a Night March deck with Bunnelby as a tech mainly for shuffling DCE and Night March Pokemons back in my deck. I was able to figure out what my opponent's strategy was so I started switching to Bunnelby and just started shuffling back Energies and discarding cards from his deck. It made him quit LOL

I've battled this kind of deck before it was featured in the nationals. I was using a Night March deck with Bunnelby as a tech mainly for shuffling DCE and Night March Pokemons back in my deck. I was able to figure out what my opponent's strategy was so I started switching to Bunnelby and just started shuffling back Energies and discarding cards from his deck. It made him quit LOL

honestly i never thought to just use bunnelby to get DCEs back, that's really clever given it only takes 1 energy to use that attack and you get 2 DCEs back from it. makes bunnelby actually useful in other non-wailord situations if you decide to tech it into a deck.

Archived