Get the two games mixed up

GrewupGeek

Has anybody ever get the video game mixed up with the trading card game?  Like the rules or the pokemon types, or even the type matchup together that determines the effect of one type to the other.  Mainly forgetting the other differences besides the fact that you're using pokeballs in one game and cards in the other.  Pretty sure it happened to me during the first few years of Pokémon, when I had the Game Boy Color, original three versions of the video game, and the video game version of the TCG.  First time, after beating the TCG for the first time, when I went to play the other games, when I've seem some of my pokemon get clobbered with one shot, I was like what in the world, when it took about a day or two before the duh kicked in, when I realized that the pokemon in the original version comes with a different set of rules and had to remember things like some types have more then one advantage/disadvantage, neutral or immunity, even different types from how they are on the cards, like remembering the difference between Grass and Bug types or Psychic and Poison types.  The same happened in reverse, when it came to types and points.

Has anybody ever get the video game mixed up with the trading card game?  Like the rules or the pokemon types, or even the type matchup together that determines the effect of one type to the other.  Mainly forgetting the other differences besides the fact that you're using pokeballs in one game and cards in the other.  Pretty sure it happened to me during the first few years of Pokémon, when I had the Game Boy Color, original three versions of the video game, and the video game version of the TCG.  First time, after beating the TCG for the first time, when I went to play the other games, when I've seem some of my pokemon get clobbered with one shot, I was like what in the world, when it took about a day or two before the duh kicked in, when I realized that the pokemon in the original version comes with a different set of rules and had to remember things like some types have more then one advantage/disadvantage, neutral or immunity, even different types from how they are on the cards, like remembering the difference between Grass and Bug types or Psychic and Poison types.  The same happened in reverse, when it came to types and points.

I thought of that earlier, but never cared to post it just because, PTCGO is a replica of the real world game. So unless we don't mix the TCG Game and video games of real world, I don't think mixing can happen online. Though definietely 1 Thing I wanted to ask. If Pokemon Company could release a game combining all the generations in 1 game. Of-course it will be a huge game, but so fantastic to play. When you can keep recored of all your pokemon and Elite 4 challenge in each region, simultaneously playing and having different rivals in so many games. A Video game like this would be very enjoyful for me. Anyone else like this idea ? :)

Not really, but last week during a Global Link competition (3DS/2DS) I was against a Seismitoad, the moment I saw it, I was all no, not this thing again (thinking it was like the EX card that prevents you from using items) but I quickly realized that this was not the TCG.

That card tramautizes me.

Archived