Daily Challenge - Level 30

VancouverDad

Hi,

I'm closing in on level 30 of the daily challenge.

Two notes:

• The system has been pretty good at giving me a challenge in a type that I'm not level 3 at but with just three types left to finish, I'm now getting challenges for types I've already completed (at level 3).

• It would nice to get something unique for reaching level 30.  Personally, I'd appreciate some in game item (sleeve, coin, box) or avatar item rather than packs or tokens for level 30 completion.

Thanks.  Good luck and have fun.

CanadaDad

Ha,

I can feel for you as I'm in the same situation (though its looked like I had a bit more luck with my given challenges).

I'm just 3 fighting-XP away from Level 30 and now I'm waiting for fighting challenges as my last couple of days brought me only type challenges I maxed out (which to befair is common as I want to get just one type out of 10 in my 3 given choices).

Then the question is for me if this daily challenge system goes on (is it planed to be so at some point, will it be extended with even the July update?) or does it only stay there as it is and its only usage is to earn some more tokens or a pack for a 3-XP challenge after everything is completed on Level 3?

As we know Pokémon can reach Level 100 so it would be pretty much fair to draw the conclusion a Level 30 can't be the ending.

Looking forward to other thoughts and official wordings and thanks at VancouverDad to bring this kind of topic into focus now before we all get to Level 30 and ask ourselves what does it mean to be at Level 30 aside from having some new deckboxes (which are the Level 3 present for each energy type).

Obviously the first choice would be to make it up unto Level 40 while adding the Level 4 for each energy type and giving a respective playmat. This would really fits the theme of the energy types as this thing is the only one (the playmat) which is not looking good at the moment and lacking on identity compared this with the real game where usually all players at big events have the playmats (we have the sleeves, deckboxes which most have before they buy playmats in real).

I have an answer here for u all : - http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/29437-coming-feature-daily-challenges/ . Kindly check the screenshot and all the energy levels .

Darkness - lvl 4

Metal - lvl 7

Fairy lvl-8 

So hopefull they are going to expand it in upcoming updates :D . If there are 10 level for each energy so hopefully player level will be upto 100 or more which mefftu said in his post .

Then the question is for me if this daily challenge system goes on (is it planed to be so at some point, will it be extended with even the July update?) or does it only stay there as it is and its only usage is to earn some more tokens or a pack for a 3-XP challenge after everything is completed on Level 3?

As we know Pokémon can reach Level 100 so it would be pretty much fair to draw the conclusion a Level 30 can't be the ending. - Mefftu

I have an answer here for u all : - http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/29437-coming-feature-daily-challenges/ . Kindly check the screenshot and all the energy levels .

Darkness - lvl 4

Metal - lvl 7

Fairy lvl-8 

So hopefull they are going to expand it in upcoming updates :D . If there are 10 level for each energy so hopefully player level will be upto 100 or more which mefftu said in his post .

Too bad this was just a sample screenshot as when you add all levels the player had (just the example) - it was in ascending order for each energy type beginning with level 0 from the top left (grass) - going to right to level 4 and then starting in the second energy row from level 5 up to level 9.

And now we see the XP-points are for good reasons not that high as in that example where you can even see the 'do 800 damage with grass Pokémon' for a whopping 3 XP-points (now it is giving for this kind of easy challenge the correct easy reward of just one XP).

I assume they are already working in further things for new levels (4, 5, 6+ ?!) though we haven't seen in longer time announcements for a progress as this would still give some sort of chance for a lucky surprise within the next update, on this point I cross my fingers literally spoken! :)

I am pretty sure Pokemon Trading Card Game Online Moderators and Dev would expand the rewards in the future. Probably Energy Cap (Avatar) Shirt and Pants

I'm definitely hoping for major modifications to the daily challenge system. I understand that it was a gimmick to keep players interested/occupied in playing the PTCGO, but it wasn't thought out or planned out carefully. Today, for example, I started out at Lv 26, with four different types at Lv 2. My three choices were all of a type that I was at Lv 3, and all three choices were worth 1XP. The system needs to be smarter than this.

Furthermore, if I've worked this hard to complete the daily challenges, by Level 30, every single offer should be for or include a pack. I want my efforts to be worth it. The type-oriented accessories are neat, but I want cards to improve my card collection. For example, completing Lv4 of a Grass-type entitles you to a locked playset of a Grass-type EX-Pokemon of your choice, and so forth for the other types. A rewards system like that would do a lot for the PTCGO.

Furthermore, if I've worked this hard to complete the daily challenges, by Level 30, every single offer should be for or include a pack. I want my efforts to be worth it. The type-oriented accessories are neat, but I want cards to improve my card collection. For example, completing Lv4 of a Grass-type entitles you to a locked playset of a Grass-type EX-Pokemon of your choice, and so forth for the other types. A rewards system like that would do a lot for the PTCGO.

Well that is not a good idea of getting a locked playset of a Grass-type EX-Pokemon of your choice . It would simply mean anyone can get 4 virizion EX or 4 genesect-EX so easily through daily challenges then u will ask for a locked playset of your choice of a fighting type EX eg .Landorus ex. That would be not fair  ^_^ .

• 2 weeks later...

Well that is not a good idea of getting a locked playset of a Grass-type EX-Pokemon of your choice . It would simply mean anyone can get 4 virizion EX or 4 genesect-EX so easily through daily challenges then u will ask for a locked playset of your choice of a fighting type EX eg .Landorus ex. That would be not fair  ^_^ .

How is this a bad idea? If a player chooses to get a locked playset of Virizion-EX or Landorus-EX, why is that bad a thing? Exactly how is that fair/unfair since they are earning these cards through the rewards challenge? You have failed to properly defend/argue your claim. If anything, you have made my argument for me.

First off, Virizion-EX and Landorus-EX are rare cards in PTCGO. I already have my playsets, but I know a lot of people new to the game do not have them. Acquiring these playsets can get very expensive in terms of packs, so an opportunity to earn these rare cards through the rewards system is a great way to enhance the card pool in PTCGO.

I also know that plenty of users that have playsets of these rare cards no longer play, which means their tradeable copies of these cards are locked into their accounts, and no one benefits from that. As more older users abandon their accounts, these rare cards only become rarer and harder to acquire. I know if I had a chance to earn locked playsets of Virizion-EX, Gensect-EX, or Landorus-EX, I'd gladly trade away my tradeable copies that I already have to give someone else a chance to possess these cards. I know everyone doesn't think like this, but some of us do and are willing to help out others.

Finally, since these playsets would be locked, users could not go in, complete a Level, pick the most valuable card from that Energy type, and then spam the public trading boards with their newly acquired reward. Since it is locked, it would be for their own use and would encourage them to pick a different playset with their next level-up. For example, Lv4 Grass they could choose Virizion-EX, then Lv5 Grass they could choose Genesect-EX. Now, they have a playset of a really good archetype. I'd rather play against Vir-Gen than a lot of the decks that feature a bunch of EX-Pokemon thrown together with no synergy. It's all about helping other PTCGO users get playable cards and improving their PTCGO experience.

If you could better argue you viewpoint, I would appreciate it and gladly engage you in that debate. However, saying it is a bad idea to give users a way to earn rare cards for their collection and calling that whole process unfair, that does not make any sense.

giving a playset of EX of your choice, to put it simply, would be insane.  the reward is too high when put in perspective to effort and likelihood.  

as a test, do this: earn tokens, then buy locked packs using those tokens to get a playset of a trainer (uncommon) that you currently have zero of.  see how long that takes you ( i gave up after spending more than 10000 tokens and just traded a single pack for the last one).  then imagine the effort for a set of rares, then a set of ultra rares.

having too high of a reward in one area of the game negates the value and motivation for effort in other parts of the game.

How is this a bad idea? If a player chooses to get a locked playset of Virizion-EX or Landorus-EX, why is that bad a thing? Exactly how is that fair/unfair since they are earning these cards through the rewards challenge? You have failed to properly defend/argue your claim. If anything, you have made my argument for me.

First off, Virizion-EX and Landorus-EX are rare cards in PTCGO. I already have my playsets, but I know a lot of people new to the game do not have them. Acquiring these playsets can get very expensive in terms of packs, so an opportunity to earn these rare cards through the rewards system is a great way to enhance the card pool in PTCGO.

I also know that plenty of users that have playsets of these rare cards no longer play, which means their tradeable copies of these cards are locked into their accounts, and no one benefits from that. As more older users abandon their accounts, these rare cards only become rarer and harder to acquire. I know if I had a chance to earn locked playsets of Virizion-EX, Gensect-EX, or Landorus-EX, I'd gladly trade away my tradeable copies that I already have to give someone else a chance to possess these cards. I know everyone doesn't think like this, but some of us do and are willing to help out others.

Finally, since these playsets would be locked, users could not go in, complete a Level, pick the most valuable card from that Energy type, and then spam the public trading boards with their newly acquired reward. Since it is locked, it would be for their own use and would encourage them to pick a different playset with their next level-up. For example, Lv4 Grass they could choose Virizion-EX, then Lv5 Grass they could choose Genesect-EX. Now, they have a playset of a really good archetype. I'd rather play against Vir-Gen than a lot of the decks that feature a bunch of EX-Pokemon thrown together with no synergy. It's all about helping other PTCGO users get playable cards and improving their PTCGO experience.

If you could better argue you viewpoint, I would appreciate it and gladly engage you in that debate. However, saying it is a bad idea to give users a way to earn rare cards for their collection and calling that whole process unfair, that does not make any sense.

If there is to be a reward for reaching level 30 then I think it should be something that is quite hard to obtain in the game such as a 1-1 set of a LEGEND card or a few booster packs of HG-SS-era cards (completely random). All locked obviously.

Hello Trainers,

The feedback given here will be submitted to the Dev team for consideration. However, in order to maintain organization and prevent confusion within the forums, posting in threads that have been inactive for more than 14 days is not permitted. As this thread was revived after that point, I'll be closing it. Thanks for your input! :)

Archived