Any Original Player On Here?

Greedlin

I was just wondering, are there any original players on this site? What I mean by Original I mean Base Set, Jungle, Fossil, back when there where only two or three games on the GameBoy (Red, Blue, Yellow (and Green for Japan) ) with five colors in the little 8-Bit world (Red, Green, Blue, White, Black) and only 150 Pokemon, 151 if you were one of the lucky ones to be at a event where they gave Mew out. Plus you could only play as a male trainer.

So besides me (who was in thrid grade when the game first came out) anyone else on here that was one of the original trainers?

my first pokemon game was Red version ( of course i choose charmander) and from that day on ive played pokemon. Charizard is still my favorite i dont care what tier its in or if its UU or NU, cuz he can still take out your Dragonite with dragon pulse or your Celebi with Flamethrower

I'm not but my cousin is, and says Red, White, and Bluecool_smile.png are his favorite games. Ihope Red and Blue come for 3DS. I'd get Blue. I started with sapphire.

my first pokemon game was Red version ( of course i choose charmander) and from that day on ive played pokemon. Charizard is still my favorite i dont care what tier its in or if its UU or NU, cuz he can still take out your Dragonite with dragon pulse or your Celebi with Flamethrower

I started with Red to, but I started with Blubasaur. When I bought Blue, then I started with Charmander. I only got a Squritle when Yellow came around, and you could get all three.

i'm by NO definition an original player. diamond was my first pokemon game! but i did buy a usd GBA system mainly so i could play pokemon yellow. since i got into pokemon so long from the beginning i've always been interested in earlier games, but i have to admit, figuring out the old type system is tricky! =)

My first game was Yellow. My parents didn't let me get a Game Boy or a Pokemon game when it was just Red and Blue. Then on my 10th birthday, my parents surprised me and my twin brother with Game Boy Colors and Pokemon Yellow Versions. Shortly after that, I got Pokemon Blue and started with Squirtle. Although I still love the original three games and I think that they have the best Pokemon, my favorite Pokemon games are the Gold, Silver, and Crystal Versions. I liked that they kept the original 151 Pokemon and added 100 awesome new Pokemon. I also liked the many new features that they brought, such as holding items, egg breeding, etc. I also played the original TCG, but stopped after the Team Rocket expansion.

My first game was Yellow. My parents didn't let me get a Game Boy or a Pokemon game when it was just Red and Blue. Then on my 10th birthday, my parents surprised me and my twin brother with Game Boy Colors and Pokemon Yellow Versions. Shortly after that, I got Pokemon Blue and started with Squirtle. Although I still love the original three games and I think that they have the best Pokemon, my favorite Pokemon games are the Gold, Silver, and ******* Versions. I liked that they kept the original 151 Pokemon and added 100 awesome new Pokemon. I also liked the many new features that they brought, such as holding items, egg breeding, etc. I also played the original TCG, but stopped after the Team Rocket expansion.

I can't believe that it won't let me say "Crystal." Of course I mean the third pillar to the Gold and Silver Versions.

My first game was Yellow. My parents didn't let me get a Game Boy or a Pokemon game when it was just Red and Blue. Then on my 10th birthday, my parents surprised me and my twin brother with Game Boy Colors and Pokemon Yellow Versions. Shortly after that, I got Pokemon Blue and started with Squirtle. Although I still love the original three games and I think that they have the best Pokemon, my favorite Pokemon games are the Gold, Silver, and ******* Versions. I liked that they kept the original 151 Pokemon and added 100 awesome new Pokemon. I also liked the many new features that they brought, such as holding items, egg breeding, etc. I also played the original TCG, but stopped after the Team Rocket expansion.

I can't believe that it won't let me say "********" Of course I mean the third pillar to the Gold and Silver Versions.

For me, my first ever game was ruby version, then i got firered from a freind and then i got platinum for my birthday, and then i got pokemon white a week ago! I also had yellow, but it got damaged and i couldn't save my filesad_smile.png

my favorite would have to be ruby because that was my first pokemon game!My brother had sapphire. Ahhh... those were the good days

I started with red and then moved onto gold and silver, but it wouldn't save so I never got far. I then stopped pokemon for like 5 years and got ruby. I'm yet to get gen 4 or 5. I never really got into the trading card game. ( I never played but I did collect them) and I did watch the anime and sometimes still do

I've played Pokemon since I was a kid, never grew out of it, but I did get less "crazy" about it. I've played through all the generations and I own Blue and Yellow, Silver, Sapphire, FireRed, SoulSilver, and finally Black. Not super good at it but very decent, I like replaying some of the older versions and train up a different team to beat the elite four.

522000.gif (Favorite Pokemon by the way)

My first pokemon game... hmm, it was blue version, Water has been my favorite, I chose water every time, I've done every region but 1, can't wait

I remember my good old red version, I got it second hand. It didn't save so I had to leave my sister's Super Nintendo (with a GameBoy Player, here's hoping the get a ds player for the WIi U) on for a month as I played in every ounce of my spare time. The thing was getting so hot it was melting the table it was sitting on, so she made me turn it off. I caught Articuno though.

Original player yeah. Have had all regular and TCG Pokemon games. Never had a N64 or other consoles that had Pokemon games on them though, and I was never interested in Mystery Dungeon and other games. I even have a FAQ posted on GameFAQs about the first Pokemon TCG: A decklist of all AI decks that didn't appear in the deck machines, and I also have a decklist of the 2nd game (although extremely messy and with wrong names etc, so I never uploaded it) saved on my PC.

Does playing the first pokemon stadium on n64 count? My brother always played that game with me when i was 3 or 4. I had to use rental pokemon, though, and he always used mewtwo. Needless to say, I never won a single battle. However, I do remember one time at the start of a match, my articuno used ice beam on his mewtwo, and it got frozen. He got mad and turned off the game.

Does playing the first pokemon stadium on n64 count? My brother always played that game with me when i was 3 or 4. I had to use rental pokemon, though, and he always used mewtwo. Needless to say, I never won a single battle. However, I do remember one time at the start of a match, my articuno used ice beam on his mewtwo, and it got frozen. He got mad and turned off the game.

Bahahaha I like the last part.

Back in my days, We used ROCKS to capture Pokemon, now you younglings have 'em Masterballs and Poke machines and toasters! When we wanted to teach a Pokemon a move we go under intense training now you youngems use them fancy black magic discs! Heh BITE and GUST were NORMAL type attacks, and BUG Types were super effective agains't POISON Types. Back in my days Nurse Joy took all the gosh darned day to heal mah Pokemans! In my days Mewtwo and Mew were Gods! Back in my days Aerodactyls, kabutops, and Omastars were common as Magickarps!

Back in my days there were only 151 Pokemon.

I played red and yellow (and did the mew trick).

I have a few base cards, but I only started collecting when RS came out so....yeah.

Ah, those dreadful times in which Grass attacks would hit for "not very effective" on tentacools..

I had red version and I still have all my base set cards.

Didn't get to go to the Mew event, though. I was always so sad about that. But I have one now, so it almost makes up for it. :D

My first game was platinum on an R4 but the R4 stopped working so I couldn't play anymore. sad_smile.png

Ok seriously why did you put a pirate there?

It makes no sense at all.

my first was Crystal. and i been collecting since EX Ruby & Saphyire.

P.s Don't censor Crystal

P.s my starter was Chikorita

Archived