CoL Retort Theme Deck Lucario (Scammers appearing)

pokemonbrandon

Hello fellow traders and players. 

I thought it would be a good idea for me to post this for all to see and to not get scammed by certain traders, which i will not name, can't afford getting banned again....

Anyways I am sure a fair bit of people have heard about the retort theme deck lucario foil card appearing and was rumored that it did not exist until I produced one for TC to see. It has since been traded to a fellow trading friend of mine and a lot of offers in public are appearing, as well as a few traders posting high offers for the similar CoL regular foil Lucario  from the set trying to say it is the very rare retort version. 

If you go to public trade and see any of those for trade and need to know if it is the real retort version please either message me or BlueUssaine and we can definitely help you out and let you know if it is the rare version. 

So far i see 2 members in public trade trying to scam people with the regular set version which is worth 3-5 packs tops and they are asking SR Ultra Ball or high value cards. 

Please be aware and don't get yourself scammed by traders like this.

Thanks, PB

And for the record i have no idea where it came from, I had it since Aug 17th 2013 when I heard that one of my trading buddies had said it was indeed obtainable. I offered 2 pf packs and it got accepted not thinking it was really that rare..... Was it a glitch and some got put into the system by accident? not sure but I do know I only know of 2 people owning this card :) 

What exactly is the difference between the two versions? Just curious. I'm not looking to get it or anything.

I appreciate you making this thread and bringing more attention to the issue, but sadly I was hit by it yesterday and lost an SR Ultra Ball.

I've since learned some methods on identifying cards that look exactly similar but are "different", but as a newer player, it would have been nice to know that ahead of time.

Hopefully our threads, and the methods posted, help other new players as well.

-Nate

I thought the issue was that someone was asking for the *non* foil version that's exclusive to the theme deck and (from what I hear) has never been available online and the "victim" was confused because he saw offers giving the regular foil version which could come from the theme deck or packs.

Edit: Oh, it's the "cracked ice" foil, not a *non* foil, in the theme deck.

I thought the issue was that someone was asking for the *non* foil version that's exclusive to the theme deck and (from what I hear) has never been available online and the "victim" was confused because he saw offers giving the regular foil version which could come from the theme deck or packs.

Edit: Oh, it's the "cracked ice" foil, not a *non* foil, in the theme deck.

There isn't any visual differences between the Lucario that's being sought after (and practically not available) and the one scammers are using as bait (at least not on PTCGO). That's why this is tricky and problematic right now.

A legit trader offers a handful of really valuable cards (or a lot of packs) for the very very rare version (that looks just like the regular version on PTCGO).

Then scammers throw up the regular version asking for a rare card but maybe not as rare as what the legit offers are offering.

One way you can tell which is which is always add that one to your wanted cards list. Or another way is goto your collection and choose "unowned" , The rare lucario is the middle card of the three. foil/foil rare/parallel foil.

N8JB - did you by chance approach the person in regards to it?? If it is the person I am thinking of they are quite knowledgable and knew straight up it was not the rare card. 

Like mentioned above though, I will gladly help anyone out with rare cards, I "did" own every available card up until blue tempted me with a offer I told him I probably would never accept :D.....I'm so weak.....XD

Hope this does help people avoid from being scammed and please contact me if you need any info on any cards.

PB.

One way you can tell which is which is always add that one to your wanted cards list. Or another way is goto your collection and choose "unowned" , The rare lucario is the middle card of the three. foil/foil rare/parallel foil.

N8JB - did you by chance approach the person in regards to it?? If it is the person I am thinking of they are quite knowledgable and knew straight up it was not the rare card. 

Like mentioned above though, I will gladly help anyone out with rare cards, I "did" own every available card up until blue tempted me with a offer I told him I probably would never accept :D.....I'm so weak.....XD

Hope this does help people avoid from being scammed and please contact me if you need any info on any cards.

PB.

I added him in game immediately after Mattman confirmed my suspicions I was burned (by confirming there's two different versions of the same styled card). I haven't seen him online though. I may try contacting them via the forums, but I doubt they'd even answer me. 

as I am typing this, there are 4 active public trades with this scam and I recognize all 4 names who are common traders i see all the time in public. I hope these scammers get their just deserts by the mod team as this is blatant scamming of the worst kind.

I have reported each scam trade but I still see them up so I doubt this report system is very effective at all unfortunately....

And yes there is ever more scam offers asking for sr ultra ball for the very common lucario CoL card.

I have reported each scam trade but I still see them up so I doubt this report system is very effective at all unfortunately....

And yes there is ever more scam offers asking for sr ultra ball for the very common lucario CoL card.

This is happening because many people knew that someone has already scammed a player with a common col card and got a SR UB and hopefully they are also trying to do the same . Let's see what happens with them , may PTCGO officials punish them :) .

people need to goto the trade offers and report them as scams . If not they will continue to get away with it. even a company trader was posting scam offers...... messaged to "ceo" of that company to see what his standards are on this kind of behaviour from his "employee"

PB

Archived