Suggestion: Make Certain Locked Items Exchangeable for Tokens

Patriarch

Somebody's thrown out the idea before, and I'd like to do the same:

Certain locked items should be capable of being turned around into tokens.

This isn't a new suggestion, but I bring it up again because of an experience I'm having with the returning bundle items. Now, I love the fact that you guys brought back the Triumphant bundle -- it was the one thing I've wanted most, and you gave it to me. The problem is that past the first two times I get it, I stop needing the Royal Guard theme deck; past the first four times I get it,  stop needing Machamp Primes; and past the very first time, I absolutely do not need a million locked coins.

Now, I only need it for the packs, which I can't get anywhere else except in this 1,265 bundle. I'm effectively paying over 400 tokens per pack.

There has to be a more efficient way to manage this waste. Why not let me turn it into tokens on a designated schedule? They don't even have to be a lot of tokens, so you don't feel encouraged to turn around stuff too easily. Maybe something more nominal like this:

Common cards and basic energy: 1 token
Uncommon cards: 2 tokens
Rare cards: 3 tokens
Foil cards of any kind: 5 tokens
Theme Decks: 50 tokens
Locked auxiliary gear: ??? (anything from 1 to 100 tokens)

Tl; dr -- I want to grind a lot of my locked collection into something useful. I would love to do that, and it'd enhance my enjoyment of the game greatly.

very true indeed.. I have like 35 altarias from roaring skies and it would be great to have a bunch of coins instead of this.. however I can see that deleting cards like this would definitely lead to a large scarcity of cards in the future and would ask that though this feature be implemented, it also be limited (for example upto 5 items exchanged per day)

he said for locked cards.  so it will have no impact on scarcity of cards.

very true indeed.. I have like 35 altarias from roaring skies and it would be great to have a bunch of coins instead of this.. however I can see that deleting cards like this would definitely lead to a large scarcity of cards in the future and would ask that though this feature be implemented, it also be limited (for example upto 5 items exchanged per day)

Hi Patriarch!

As you've noted, similar suggestions have been made to the Dev team in the past. However, it's been a while and you've provided a unique take so I'll go ahead and send your suggestion up for consideration. :)

As always, we appreciate your input!

I like this.

It should only be able to be done if you have four of that card (excluding energies).

Also, how would one sell a theme deck? If you buy two of the same theme decks, does it show up twice when you go to pick a theme deck?

Archived