Cards that should be banned

LK1028

Since I joined last month, I have seen cards that seemed too over-powered to have not been banned yet. One particular one out of all the cards I've seen is called Malamar-EX. I recently had a match with a trainer that had this card. This card is way too over-powered. I'm writing this to ensure that all cards too over-powered to be banned. [Link to an unofficial pokémon website removed. ~Prof_Elderberry]. Please ban this card and all other cards too op.

Malamar EX is a card that slipped my mind in every deck except Fairy Toolbox, which is also serverely underpowered. I'm seeing no legitimate reason to ban for the card.

If you're having difficulty with status conditions, I suggest using Virizion EX, Slurpuff XY or Sparkling Robe.

malamar-ex is a great card for many reasons- you have a potentially devastating attack (with just one trick coin or fliptini), you have your opponent put to sleep every turn by just attaching your one energy- which can later be shifted off..

however what makes this card merely adequate is the fact that it can be countered..

as stated above, a single virizion/ slurpuff can counter it (slurpuff can also be used with the other one so it's not a total loss)

even common trainers like switch as well as sparkling robe and escape rope (less common) can negate it

also, keldeo+ float stone is used quite commonly

all of this causes malamar to be less effective than it otherwise would have been- it requires an aromatisse/ hydreigon set up/ multiple energy switch, many lysandres to take out benched viris and keldeos, as well as has a weakness to fighting of all types- overall you can see why nobody even bothers thinking of it as a threat..

my opinion: catching some people off guard and landing surprise wins- yeah, dominating a meta to the point of ban- no

A more appropriate ban would be Sky Field. I can only count up to six; it's just too mesmerizing to see so many Pokemon on the field.

A more appropriate ban would be Sky Field. I can only count up to six; it's just too mesmerizing to see so many Pokemon on the field.

Still, much easier to counter. Replace the stadium, Use Wreck or Gaia volcano. Problem solved.

Please keep in mind there are a LIMITED amount of cards banned in ************** history.

During the WotC era, Slowking was banned due to mistranslation, and Sneasel for being way too overpowered.

However, in the current era, there are more than one card that dominate the format.

Cards should only be banned when they have multiple negative effects such as

-making all tournaments ~90% revolving around the same card (i.e. Sneasel)

-removing one of the possibilities for opponent to win(i.e. LTC)

People whom believe EXs are overpowered, may be right, but they can easily use a Safeguard Pokemon like Suicune, or Beautifly. Without exs, the format will be dominated with other powerful cards like Night March and Empoleon. If you ban those too, what's left?

There will always be something strong. There is always a counter, obvious or not :)

I'm glad the Lysandre's Trump Card got banned as it made people take like two minute turns and people would go through like half a deck their first turn. Sky Field has made me add a stadium card to my VirGen custom deck I made. I went with Champions Festival. I think Grass decks are lacking a good stadium card but I can't talk about that. Now I can beat the Sky Field decks like half the time.

Not to be rude but Malamar-Ex is a janky card. It's ability is easy to play around and it's attack revolves around luck.

The only two cards in my opinion that are at a power level to even consider banning are Shaymin-EX from roaring skies and Seismatoad-Ex. Both cards are format warping cards that create bad/sloppy game play. At least Shaymin got an indirect nerf when LTC was banned.

Archived