Undo Attack Suggestion

Victormaru

I've just gotten back into the card game and I haven't played the app since last year. I'm loving all the new features and the option to "Undo Last Action" when you've decided you want to put an Energy onto a different Pokémon. However, I find it a bit frustrating once you've clicked on your Pokémon to declare an Attack and you can't go back. Sometimes I just want to see which Attacks are available. I do this mostly with Mew-EX since he can copy any Pokémon's Attack in-play.

I like to click on the Active Pokémon just to check and see what my options are. Sometimes I click the Pokémon and didn't even realize that my opponent had previously played something like Enhanced Hammer or Xerosic to remove my Energy and I'm unable to use the Attack I originally wanted to use, therefore forcing me to use a different Attack instead of letting me go back to do something else. It would be nice to have a button to go back once you've clicked on the Pokémon but before declaring the attack. Just a suggestion as I feel like this could benefit everyone and reduce mistakes. I'm a dummy, I know.  :)

I've just gotten back into the card game and I haven't played the app since last year. I'm loving all the new features and the option to "Undo Last Action" when you've decided you want to put an Energy onto a different Pokémon. However, I find it a bit frustrating once you've clicked on your Pokémon to declare an Attack and you can't go back. Sometimes I just want to see which Attacks are available. I do this mostly with Mew-EX since he can copy any Pokémon's Attack in-play.

I like to click on the Active Pokémon just to check and see what my options are. Sometimes I click the Pokémon and didn't even realize that my opponent had previously played something like Enhanced Hammer or Xerosic to remove my Energy and I'm unable to use the Attack I originally wanted to use, therefore forcing me to use a different Attack instead of letting me go back to do something else. It would be nice to have a button to go back once you've clicked on the Pokémon but before declaring the attack. Just a suggestion as I feel like this could benefit everyone and reduce mistakes. I'm a dummy, I know.  :)

While this would be very good for me, as people call me KING of MISCLICKS lol :D but then other player would say doing so will be  not a good move as no misclicks makes you a better player and its a part of skill so. Good for me. I would like to know other's reactions :)

Dunno about the App, but in the online client you can just click on a blank space ( once you selected your active Pokemon), in order to keep on playing your turn.

Considering that executing an attack ends your turn even if it has no effect, there is no way to easily undo this kind of action once it has been taken.  And confirming to perform every attack would be annoying.

However, it might be possible such that when you select an attack, there's a delay before the attack is executed during which you can cancel the action.  This would enable you to fix misclicks on the spot, but it would slow the match down overall.

I've just realized something. You can actually cancel your attack once you've clicked on your Active Pokémon. All you have to do is click anywhere else on the screen to cancel. The thing is, I'm too used to mainly attacking with Mew-EX. So whenever I click on Mew-EX's Ability, "Versatile", a second list of available Attacks pop up and that's when I'm unable to cancel. Basically once you click on any Pokémon's Ability, you can never go back. That's what the problem is, lol. I guess you just shouldn't activate an Ability because you won't be able to go back once you've chosen to do it.

Considering that executing an attack ends your turn even if it has no effect, there is no way to easily undo this kind of action once it has been taken.  And confirming to perform every attack would be annoying.

However, it might be possible such that when you select an attack, there's a delay before the attack is executed during which you can cancel the action.  This would enable you to fix misclicks on the spot, but it would slow the match down overall.

I completely agree with stratadake , confirming to perform every attack would be annoying and would somehow extend battle time and his other suggestion in which if the attack is not executed for some time then it will automatically cancel then this would also slow down the game if the player chooses wrong attack and then wait for the action to cancel . But important point here is that before attacking , a player must carefully understand what he is doing and what would be its impact . So its better to think 2-3 times before executing an attack . 

Actually aniket and drake.. That was never the problem.. Original poster is talking about undoing an attack from the point when he just clicks on the card- and felidae already explained that such a mechanism already exists

...his other suggestion in which if the attack is not executed for some time then it will automatically cancel...

Uh, you got that backwards.  The second idea was like when you click on an attack to execute it, there's a 2-3 second window where you can cancel it; otherwise, it executes as normal and no takebacks.

Awesome_guy seems correct that this is not the Victormaru's actual issue; sounds like when using Mew's Versatile ability, the second popup list of attacks occupies most of the screen, making it difficult to find something else to click/tap to go back without picking a move to execute.

Hi Victormaru!

Just to be clear, your problem was with clearing the list of attacks BEFORE you've attacked so that you can perform other actions first - is that correct? In your last post, it looks like you've figured out how to do that (hooray!) but it doesn't work when activating Mew-EX's Versatile Ability. Would you like me to suggest to the Dev team the option to undo the Versatile Ability before an attack is chosen?

If I've misunderstood, please let me know. :) Thanks for your patience!

I've had the same issue with Mew-EX. There's no reason for it to lock you into an attack. All other activated pokemon powers can be cancelled by clicking elsewhere.

Archived