Looking for players in the GTA

LinchPinn

right on. I'm new to the game so I don't have many cards. From what I read online i should do all the trainer battles to get cards.

Is there a good way to get free code?

The tins now have codes for a complete deck with an extra copy of the promo EX I believe as well as the codes you'll get from each pack inside.  The three new ones just came out, Sceptile, Blaziken and Swampert EX.

Near you is Skyfox in Oshawa, which is a little gouge you with a stick in terms of prices for cards in their showcase, but you'll find packs from nearly every set there, even prior to Black and White (!)

There's also a store on Kingston Road east of Altona or thereabouts you might try checking out, I know they run pre releases there. 

I buy a lot of physical cards and the whole online code thing is kind of a bonus.

Thats pretty cool that they include codes with real cards. I might have to buy a few packs. I'm really only into base set as its what I grew up playing. 

I am a very late adopter of Pokemon.  Base set???

I can't believe how many sets there are now, I think I saw a pack of base set once, in a glass display case. A pack.  Once.

Dunno when they started including codes and how many of the really old cards are available for play online, many many many have not been 'digitized'.  Old 'Team Rocket' stuff doesn't seem to exist.  Every once in a while they release some super old booster packs in the online store as they digitize some of the older sets, I think Heart Gold Soul Silver was the last one they did.

I think super old pokemon have become victims of the inevitable power creep, even if they were available they'd suffer in battle across from the super-mega-legend-adjective pokemon of today.

Some of those stores will sell you the code cards independently of the packs if you're more interested in playing online than trying to find a crowd to play against.

lol in a display case!

We'll have to battle sometime. Not that I'd be much of a challange, but it would still be cool. Plus, I just like looking at other peoples cards

I'm in Waterloo, so not quite GTA, but not far from there either.  No stores sell individual cards here, but we do get all the new expansions, tins, etc.

Don't worry.

I lose lots.

Friend me in game.

I'll try and find you too if yr screen name the same.

I didn't here, but I dont know how to add you in game :(

Archived