[GAME] Versus Mode - Ghestis (Unnamed) prematurely ended the turn; Inactivity messaging popped up at incorrect time

Bobix86

Lysandre trump card ban seems to have wrecked the game for me.

1. Ghetsis caused my turn to end for the first time ever in my case.

2. Cammie inactive notification popped up which of lately hasn't been happening to me.

Now this happened in my first three vs matches since the ban, only one was played out normally and even that one was cut short with my opponent conceding.

Will report if any other bugs arise but i'm very much concerned right now.

Hi Bobix86,

First, please let me extend my apologies for the Cammie inactive notification issue. We know that we have a fix for it coming in our next client version 2.29 (as discussed here).  

I don't believe that these issues are caused from the implementation of the Lysandre's Trump Card card ban.  We banned Slowking due to a card bug (more here) in May and didn't see any negative interaction with other game systems.  Also, we haven't had other similar complaints from other players.  I think perhaps that this is the appearance of causation (because it is something that changed recently) but lacking correlation.  

Hopefully you have a better time when next you come into game.

Respectfully yours,

Alex

You might be right, played 4 more matches and they all went as normal so i might have overreacted. And yes it was weird for me to have two bugs happen in a short match span, especially since the first one never happened to me before and just after the ban, so i naturally made a connection.

Edit: Now i'm sure there's something going on after all, i sent a ticket with an image attached to the support portal, basically in public trades i now see no name in trade partner for multiple trades and when i view the trade it shows my name in both giving and getting, plus in ends category i see only one 0 on two first trades. I hoped i was overreacting but now i'm sure there is something going on, it's just too much to be a coincidence Will report if i find out anything else wrong in-game.

I think perhaps that this is the appearance of causation (because it is something that changed recently) but lacking correlation.

You got that backward--it's "correlation does not imply causation".  And a single anecdote doesn't prove correlation.

Hey i think your above stated bugs were already reported , see here for ghetsis bug:- [CARD] Ghetsis (Plasma Freeze #101) - Playing Ghetsis is ending turns and cammie bug was already reported by many players , see here for cammie bugs Cammie bug update and [GAME] Versus Mode - Inactivity messaging appears when both players are active and prevents game progression . So all of the above are known problems and will be sorted out soon by dev_team :)

Hey i think your above stated bugs were already reported , see here for ghetsis bug:- [CARD] Ghetsis (Plasma Freeze #101) - Playing Ghetsis is ending turns and cammie bug was already reported by many players , see here for cammie bugs Cammie bug update and [GAME] Versus Mode - Inactivity messaging appears when both players are active and prevents game progression . So all of the above are known problems and will be sorted out soon by dev_team :)

Yeah, i already know they're known bugs, problem is that iv'e never encountered the ghetsis bug until the ban, plus the cammie bug which didn't bug me for at least 2 weeks began to show, and i encountered a trade section (temporary) glitch which i already reported in support portal, and all that right after the ban, it just seems like an enormous coincidence to be a coincidence. :-) That's why i made the report. And yeah, glad that they will hopefully be sorted out soon.

Archived