[GAME] Tournaments - Lysandre's Trump Card was still able to be used throughout existing Tournament after it was banned

killkrazed

Title explains it all.

I just entered a Standard Tournament and in the final match my opponent was playing a M-Rayquaza and Shaymin deck. As my deck is quite resilient to giving up prizes the match lasted to the point where he drew his last card and was about to deck out...

...Then he played Lysandres trump card.

It even had a huge red "X" on the card, so there was no doubt it was banned at the time.

I'm not making this up, I have a video recording of it as well.

I thought you wouldn't even be able to enter Standard events if the card was in your deck so how did this happen?

PS: He still lost so I'm not mad, just really confused.

... Ok maybe just a little mad that somehow he managed to cheat, but satisfied that Karma is still working correctly.

Hi Killkrazed,

Our initial take is that deck validation happens at the start of the Tournament. Since you are posting this at 12:51 and the ban went into effect at 12:00, it is possible that your tournament started before the ban went into effect, so the deck was valid at that time.

We're double checking now, but once tournaments wrap up that started before the ban went into effect, we shouldn't see any more in play.

Ah I see,

I'm in South Africa, so the time difference may be the cause.

It's long past noon here, closer to midnight actually - so I assumed the card was already out before the tournament even started.

After checking the time difference, it is definitely possible it was still legal when the tournament started.

Thanks for the feedback.

Hi Killkrazed,

Our initial take is that deck validation happens at the start of the Tournament. Since you are posting this at 12:51 and the ban went into effect at 12:00, it is possible that your tournament started before the ban went into effect, so the deck was valid at that time.

We're double checking now, but once tournaments wrap up that started before the ban went into effect, we shouldn't see any more in play.

Please fix unliminted bug for trump card lol.

That's actually really cool. That guy mustve been the very last person to ever win a Standard tournament on PTCGO with Trump Card. :D

Archived