Bring back old cards for the Online Game

GrewupGeek

Hey folks, this would be my first post on this website.  For a brief intro, I've been a geek all my life, a gamer since the old Atari Commodore systems, and a pokemon fan since the original Red, Blue and Yellow games appeared on the original Game Boy, even got the TCG video game.  Boy do I sound old.

Anyway, I've been playing the online TCG game for a while, and while it's okay as long as the game actually works, or if there is a strong internet connection and while the new cards are okay, with all the anniversaries coming up, would be nice if they brought all of the cards that came out when the cards first came out in the 90s.  Even though there is a gap between my collecting them, from the original set, along with a few Gold and Silver card, and what's coming out now, it would still be nice if they started to bring the old stuff back and available for the online game.  Plus, I can picture the looks on the current generations faces when they see cards from the 90s, early 00s, and wondering what in the world are those, when compared to the stuff they are using now.

Hey folks, this would be my first post on this website.  For a brief intro, I've been a geek all my life, a gamer since the old Atari Commodore systems, and a pokemon fan since the original Red, Blue and Yellow games appeared on the original Game Boy, even got the TCG video game.  Boy do I sound old.

Anyway, I've been playing the online TCG game for a while, and while it's okay as long as the game actually works, or if there is a strong internet connection and while the new cards are okay, with all the anniversaries coming up, would be nice if they brought all of the cards that came out when the cards first came out in the 90s.  Even though there is a gap between my collecting them, from the original set, along with a few Gold and Silver card, and what's coming out now, it would still be nice if they started to bring the old stuff back and available for the online game.  Plus, I can picture the looks on the current generations faces when they see cards from the 90s, early 00s, and wondering what in the world are those, when compared to the stuff they are using now.

I would love to play with such cards. Old cards have in their own way !

I think they already bought HGSS , triumphunt and undaunted bundles in shop last month along with BW bundles with special foil promos and they have said that hey will bring more older bundles in shop in meantime . And any special bundle in shop lasts for 7 days (1 week) so there are chances that they will bring back old bundles in shop in future maybe next week or month .

I think they already bought HGSS , triumphunt and undaunted bundles in shop last month along with BW bundles with special foil promos and they have said that hey will bring more older bundles in shop in meantime . And any special bundle in shop lasts for 7 days (1 week) so there are chances that they will bring back old bundles in shop in future maybe next week or month .

but it's very small compensation for it that we take the good chance to enter any number of older hgss packs :-(

Yet it would be nice if they brought back the base sets, neo, all the old stuff.  Not for a special, those never last as long as you want, but rather for a year to give people a chance to catch up.

Whilst it's a cool idea, they wouldn't go back to base set. The game play has changed to much since then, and some of the descriptions on attacks and poke powers are very confusing. People getting back into the game or starting out they have XY base to get with.

It'd be nice to see the old cards in graphical glory, let's hope they might do something.

Yeah, the whole generation gap can be a real pain in the **** at times. Besides, the game itself can be confusing for even the older players just getting in, especially when they added mega evolution into the equation. But the nostalgia factor would be worth it if they started to bring the past back since the 20th anniversary of the franchise is around the corner.

• 3 months later...

I would love to see some old school cards for the 20th Anniversary! I too have been a fan since the old Red/Blue days and love those old cards.  I would be fine if they just brought back more HGSS era items into the store for a longer period of time!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived