Looking to start Playing IRL

Kennyx72x

Im looking to start playing at a local card shop but i was wondering, What would be a good starter deck to get going with?

• 2 weeks later...

All decks have their pros and cons, but if you're looking for an effective and rather easy to obtain-type of deck; I'd suggest the Night March deck. ^^ Same goes for Donphan(Spinning turn) with robo substitutes. Both of these decks are easy to grasp and rather straight forward to use. Not to mention your wallet would be safe since none of these require super fancy EX's (with the exception of Mew EX from LTR, but that's hardly fancy).

I used both of these decks when I just started out playing TCGO.

If you have any questions about the deck lists, I'd be happy to answer what I know.

Just as maykon mentioned Night March is a fairly cheap and "sustainable" deck which gives a nice intro into TCG. It doesn't have much tec-basically discard the pokemon and use their attacks. Only thing I have against donphan is if you don't set it up quick enough or your phanpys get knocked out early than you're screwed-also the rotation will mean it won't be playable in sanctioned tournaments. 

The starter decks are good for getting the basic energy and trainers, but are very heavy on pokemon so wouldn't be ideal for a league, but for a start point their good.

You can find events through the pokemon site here, to find your nearest venue. Card shops are a good place to start as many people playing will have deck advice and experience.

• 2 months later...

As mentioned above, there are alot of starter decks to choose from. Alot of it just depends on the type of Pokemon you like to play with.  My suggestion would be practicing a little online to determine which cards types you like. Then buy an older, possibly cheaper deck to get a good foundation. My biggest piece of advice if you're starting your physical card collection out brand new, is to get an Elite Trainer Box which comes with 8 packs (80 cards) plus lots of energy, dice, card sleeves, special condition counters, a nice place to store your cards, and online code cards for the cards and sleeves.  Just make sure you pay attention to which sets the cards you like are from so that you can buy a deck or elite trainer box from that set.

Archived