Option to delete your created posts and post images.

Aniketdianafury

Hi there,

I have a suggestion for the forums , can there be an option to delete your own post or threads incase if someone posted my mistake or posted twice . Because whenever i post something it remains there and can't be deleted except editing which is not much better.And other thing that i want to have an option to upload images in post because in-built image option does not work :(.

Thanks

Hi there,

I have a suggestion for the forums , can there be an option to delete your own post or threads incase if someone posted my mistake or posted twice . Because whenever i post something it remains there and can't be deleted except editing which is not much better.And other thing that i want to have an option to upload images in post because in-built image option does not work :(.

Thanks

Great idea :) And about deleting I don't know. Because then some people may just delete their post which may break the link to the thread. While in editing you know when the person edited the time is mentioned. So you can see that he edited and hence can try to figure out the relation. Otherwise you would wandering the post in between that had a link to the discussion of a thread which because deleted you can't seem to join the discussion because you are unaware of the whole discussion. I know its not a strong point against not deleting the post. But I don't know if it should be there or not. Though images should be allowed to the players as well :)

Thank you for your suggestion. I have forwarded it to the proper channels for review.

In the mean time, if you want to close/delete a thread that you have made in error, you can post your intention in that thread or report the post, and a moderator will be in a position close/delete that thread for you.

Thanks again for your suggestion!

aniket I don't think deleting is a good option on forums.. For the following reasons:

1. each page is always 20 posts long: if you start deleting posts, stuff will get moved front (a cascade effect on everything following it) meaning navigating will be tougher

2. it WILL be misused

in case someone decides that they want to rescind a bad offer after the deal has been closed, they can do so without repercussions..

for example if any trading company rescinded an offer of selling jirachi for 2 rs after getting 20 orders, it will lose reputation.. however if they delete, they can pretend the post never existed and it'll be much harder to prove than if you allow them to edit it

3. what is the use of deleting a post?

there are two things you can do with deleting a post- 1. to avoid attention on your post, 2. to remove the bad effects of a double post

while the first is undesirable- it shouldn't be allowed to remove a post just to pretend it never existed, the second can be simply done by posting that it was an accident

Archived