New player here, completely lost with this game

Xsych

I have played them all, [Content removed - please keep all discussion on the topic of Pokémon. -Mod. Poplar] and so on. I gotta say that Pokemon Online TCG is giving me the most frustration. The information is scattered and I cannot find any new player guide anywhere.

1. I don't know how to progress my game? Playing against BOT and players only? I have finish all of my theme deck. So, what next? I need to keep playing theme deck online until when? I cannot edit these 3 theme decks. So, I need to play the same deck over and over? What should I play then? Playing standard and I have miserable small number of card pool and getting new booster is soooo slow. The frustration is driving me crazy. The game progression pace is very slow I don't know if what I do is right or not.

2. How about I want to jump start by paying money? Where I can buy the golden token?

3. What format should I play? What is the most popular? Theme, standard, extended, unlimited?

4. If I buy the theme deck, will these cards (in the theme deck) be added into my card pool so that they can be used to create standard deck format?

5. Is there new player guide around here? Guiding which booster pack, Theme deck, new player like me should go for. Highlight of the game, highlight of some pokemon, highlight of each type of pokemon.

I have heard that community here is much better than other Online TCG and I will get all the support. Thank you in advance fellow trainers

I have played them all, [Removed] and so on. I gotta say that Pokemon Online TCG is giving me the most frustration. The information is scattered and I cannot find any new player guide anywhere.

1. I don't know how to progress my game? Playing against BOT and players only? I have finish all of my theme deck. So, what next? I need to keep playing theme deck online until when? I cannot edit these 3 theme decks. So, I need to play the same deck over and over? What should I play then? Playing standard and I have miserable small number of card pool and getting new booster is soooo slow. The frustration is driving me crazy. The game progression pace is very slow I don't know if what I do is right or not.

2. How about I want to jump start by paying money? Where the heck I can buy the golden token?

3. What format should I play? What is the most popular? Theme, standard, extended, unlimited?

4. If I buy the theme deck, will these cards (in the theme deck) be added into my card pool so that they can be used to create standard deck format?

5. Is there new player guide around here? Guiding which booster pack, Theme deck, new player like me should go for. Highlight of the game, highlight of some pokemon, highlight of each type of pokemon.

I have heard that community here is much better than other Online TCG and I will get all the support. Thank you in advance fellow trainers

I will be glad to help you :) Well there are certainly some good steps for a new player to become better.

I will tell them at the end. Lets start answering your questions first :)

1. Firstly by your post it seems you have completed the trainer challenge with all 4 stars, if yes good. If no go and finish it. I know its hard for a player to start. but follow the steps that I will post at the end. It will surely help you.

2. Well if you really want to play with money nothing for me. Those golden tokens aren't bought. You need to earn them by playing in daily challenges, playing in player vs player or Versus mode. Or in trainer challenge.

3. Standard is most popular but not advisable for new players. New players should generally play theme. Until they have good cards and can become better. Though its not same for all. I never played theme in starting days. I used to play unlimited and standard. Though I lost most of the time but it gave good experience to me.

4. Yes, the theme decks that you buy, will add the cards in them to your collection or card pool (what you call it), which can indeed be used to create new decks.

5. No certain guide. But as for sure. Some of the great players have picked up initiative to help new players. There is a thread named Dive in Program for new players. Go join it and get coached. Its a very good place for new players.

As now for the steps or for me. Its like a guide for a new player to what he should do. Follow these steps and you will become a very good player :)

Steps --> 1. Complete the Boring Trainer challenge with all 4 stars.

2. Complete the Daily Challenges daily.

3. Join the Dive in Program in the PVP Section of Forums. You can reach there by clicking on its name in my signature.

4. Need any deck help visit Best Decks in TCG. We have some great decks in the thread for new players. I hope it helps. Though when you will be coached by players in Dive in Program, you will get plenty of deck help.

5. Trade fairly, never try to get good cards for very cheap( I am saying like, suppose there is a card Lucario EX. We have valued it for 5 Packs apporximately. Don't try to get it for 1 Pack) Its bad to trade like that.

6. Play lots of PVPs and tournaments, even though you will lose in the starting but it will be very beneficial for future as experience.

7. Always know the price of the card you are trading. Often people misguide you and try to get profit from you, by trading lower number of packs for a good card.

I hope the above helps you. :) and Welcome to Pokemon Community :)

First welcome Xsych to PTCGO, this game is a bit confusing in the beginning, I just started a month ago myself with absolutely no earlier experience and it wasn't easy, but try browsing this forum and check out the threads that harshu pointed out above, they where a great help to me.

The game is suffering from quite a few bugs, which can be annoying at times and the user interface needs a few updates as well, but if you can get over that then I'm sure you will enjoy the game.

You asked about jump starting the game by paying real money, and I will tell you that I haven't done that, and I'm still doing fine in the game. There is however a way to either buy online codes or buying real physical decks at a store (the physical decks come with a corresponding online code) and then redeem the codes in the game for decks or booster packs.

I can't link you to any store since it is against the forum rules, but google is your friend.

1. Firstly by your post it seems you have completed the daily challenge with all 4 stars, if yes good. If no go and finish it. I know its hard for a player to start. but follow the steps that I will post at the end. It will surely help you.

In the sentence above harshu meant the trainer challenge and not the daily challenge.
Getting 4 stars with each trainer give you 1 booster pack each, and when you have beaten all trainers in a league you get 3 booster packs for a total of 45 packs or 450 cards. It should be enough for you to at least try to build a deck for the standard format games.

In the sentence above harshu meant the trainer challenge and not the daily challenge.

Getting 4 stars with each trainer give you 1 booster pack each, and when you have beaten all trainers in a league you get 3 booster packs for a total of 45 packs or 450 cards. It should be enough for you to at least try to build a deck for the standard format games.

Thanks for the correction. I will edit it :)

I have played them all, [Removed] and so on. I gotta say that Pokemon Online TCG is giving me the most frustration. The information is scattered and I cannot find any new player guide anywhere.

2. How about I want to jump start by paying money? Where the heck I can buy the golden token?

indeed there is an unbearably slow period for starting in the pokemon trading game online

there are however ways to buy codes and irl packs which come with codes.. these codes once entered should be able to get you a headstart and possibly alleviate the distress you're in

also if you ever need any guidance on how to make decks, what is suggested and all, i'd suggest you take a look at the dive in program on the pvp page

Thank you for your reply. I will try the dive in program. Looked like this is the only card game that is not pay-to-win. Earning coin is not that difficult though.

Archived