Help with first deck for new player!

Goroshas

Hello all :) First i want say sorry for my English skill.... English is my the fourth language and i really need improve it... :) Its my first days in this game :) i start trainers challenges and get some boosters, now i have a questions what deck can i collect, and how i can make it :) Its would be perfect if my first deck would be fighting, or maybe fire, i love this two classes (But fighting beater), but i really new and need help witch what deck i can start, because boosters from trainers doesn't help me get ideas. Again, i really so sorry for my bad English skills :) I hope this forum help me improve my game and speech skills :) P.s i understand answers correctly , I simply hard to write :) At this time i have a starting fighting pokemon deck,  Maybe with your help i can improve my deck step - by step, and understanding what  improved and collect in further

I would suggest that you take a look in the topic The Best Decks in TCG and then go from there, some decks are simple to make like the Night March deck, and others are very hard to put together since they require a lot of rare cards, but it will get you an idea of what kind of decks that are out there, and what strategies they use.

Thnx, i see. But i whant more know, how i can improve basic fighting pokemon deck :) not build new with other color.

First of all, knowing 4 different language is incredible as usually people know only 2 :) . And i really want to know which fighting pokemon do you have apart from the pokemon from basic orange so that i can give you some advice.

First of all, knowing 4 different language is incredible as usually people know only 2 :) . And i really want to know which fighting pokemon do you have apart from the pokemon from basic orange so that i can give you some advice.

At this time i haven't beater than basic fighting pokemon. But maybe you know what kind of boosters buy to hae chance get it ? :)

At this time best what i have MHeracross EX (green) and some green cards... :/

The best booster that has fighting monsters is furious fist. You can search for all cards in that set via google. Heracross is bad, don't use it

The best booster that has fighting monsters is furious fist. You can search for all cards in that set via google. Heracross is bad, don't use it

Thank you! i try buy this boosters, and when get somthink interesting, maybe fightning type pokomen i write here :)

I understand my mistake, because i just buoyed random bad boosters... Now i try farm and buy only furious fist, and collect fighting pokemons ;)

If you are trying to build a fighting type deck, I can recommend three of them.

1. Primal Groudon. This is specifically not just from Furious Fists but half of the cards are from there anyway. Primal Groudon is pretty cheap anyway, so you shouldn't have a problem. An easy Primal Groudon deck to build (which I have done) is the Wobbuffett version, with Wobbuffet and Mega Turbo to complement Primal Groudon. You can also build it with Hawlucha and Landorus, both from Furious Fists. Primal Groudon is from Primal Clash, while Wobbuffett is from Phantom Forces.

2. Donphan. This card is from Plasma Storm, so if you can't buy these kinds of packs or get them someplace else, this probably wouldn't work. This works with essentially the same set Primal Groudon does, with Hawlucha, Landorus, and sometimes Primal Groudon. It is an easier deck to build because Donphan is a rare card and not an Ultra Rare.

3. Landorus with Crobat. Landorus EX is from Boundaries Crossed, so it is pretty hard to get, but if you have it it is rewarding. This is run with a Zubat-Golbat-Crobat line. Golbat has an ability that when it evolves, you can put 20 damage on any of your opponent's Pokemon on the field, while Crobat does the same for 30 damage. It, as always, is run with Hawlucha and your normal Fighting cards.

Overall, I would go with Primal Groudon as it is from an XY set, rather than a B/W set which are harder to get. Good luck in your quest!

BoltStrike

if you like fighting i would suggest going with the primal clash medicham the one with omega barrage, its the deck that was recommended to me by a friend after starting to get back into pokemon after i quit back in 2007, it really helped me get used to the fast pace of the new formats and this is the best build that i have come up with so far

1x celebi ex

2x landorus with shout of power

2x hawlucha with flying press

4x meditite primal clash

4x medicham primal clash omega barrage

1x mr. mime with bench barrier

8 fighting energy (i recommend the holographic ones from ex holon phantoms, ex emerald, and ex power keepers as they look the best but thats just me lol)

4 strong energies (the main way to get massive amounts of damage with medicham)

2x n (only cause this is geared towards budget)

2x lysandre

1x switch

2x shauna (acts as a budget n)

3x silver bangle cause exs are so prevalent

4x professor sycamore

2x ultra ball

1x escape rope

1x scramble switch

3x vs seeker

2x muscle band

1x professors letter

4x fighting stadium

4x korrina

2x repeat ball

Thanks all :) But at this time i have Dark Hammer set, and Lucario EX card, i dont know how show all my cards, but hope maybe with Dark Hammer set, and Lucario EX plus more card we can build payable deck? :) 

Thanks all :) But at this time i have Dark Hammer set, and Lucario EX card, i dont know how show all my cards, but hope maybe with Dark Hammer set, and Lucario EX plus more card we can build payable deck? :)

Lucario EX is a good card. And one thing, Dark Hammer is a good theme deck. Though using cards from those isn't a very good idea. Though trainer cards like Korrinia, Professor's letter, Professor Sycamore and those work well. Thats all I could say for above.

If you want medicham, you have to buy Primal Clash packs. Your lucario EX could work very well with any bats that you might have. Medicham works with Maxie's hidden ball trick (also from Primal Clash) and Machamp (from Dark Hammer).

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, if you want to build a good fighting deck to start with, lucario, machamp from that theme deck, and medicham (it's cheap) make a good deck together, even without any other pokémons. If you have/want, put in landorus with shout of power (i think it's this one) cause it attaches energy from the discard to benched pokémon.

You need some trainers like korrina, muscle band/silver bangle, maxie would be good for machamp, and so on... none of this trainers are that expensive and some you already have for sure :)

Lucarios are a bit expensive, but if you have 3 available booster packs, my advice is you make a public offer for lucario with your 3 packs...someone will trade you in 1 or 2 days ;) if you get 3 or 4 lucarios for the deck it would be sweet ;)

Oh yeah try to get 4 strong energies cause they are sweet... it's like 1 pack each, maybe 0.5 pack if you're lucky ;)

Archived