Metal Deck Help

CAR600000

Been playing this deck and seems pretty fun,  question though. Are you not running an ace spec because they are rotating out?

What you see for this deck is what it will look like when after the next rotation.  

So there isn't key cards like an Ace Spec, Cobalion-EX, N, ect. won't be found in this list...however, if you wish to use cards that still in the format like I do myself, you can easily put those cards in the deck in place of the new ones that haven't come out yet.

I've gone on some other forums and I've gotten some suggestions and I wanted to see what another community thought of these possible changes for post rotation.

My original deck list for post rotation:

Pokemon: 13

• 1 Shaymin EX
  • 3 Bronzor
  • 3 Bronzong
  • 1 Registeel
  • 2 Aegislash EX
  • 3 Dialga EX

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 35

• 2 Switch
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 2 Ace Trainer
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 2 Battle Compressor
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 4 Trainers' Mail
  • 3 Steel Shelter
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 1 Startling Megaphone
  • 2 Level Ball

Energy: 12

• 4 DCE
  • 8 Metal Energy

Suggested changes:

-1 Ace Trainer

+1 Prof Birch
-1 Xerosic
+1 Enhanced Hammer
-Ace Trainer
-Switch
-Escape Rope
-Dialga-Ex
-Sycamore
-Steel shelter
+2-2-2 line of metagross

It'll have to be something you'll have to try for yourself at this point. The deck is solid as was with making room for just 1 1-1-1 line of Metagross.

I feel that the deck will get too clunky and be seriously slowed down if you thicken up the Evolution lines.....that would be 6 for the Bronzong and 6 for the Metagross.

Also I thinks its way to risky to rely just on Metagross' ability to switch out the actives. If you face something the shuts off the abilities then you'll have to pay for your retreat costs....which isn't entirely a bad thing since you can Metal Links them back but if the abilities are shut off you won't be able to Metal Links either.

Keep your options open by having Metagross along with Switch and Escape Rope. Also keep Xerosic, its a great card with versatility against many decks letting you take out DCE against Toads (which really hurts them since they run so few energy), tools if you don't want to use a Mega Phone, or even take off those Team Flare Gear attached to your EX's.

Another deck change that might be considered since I've been running Hyper Links in Expanded format to play around with having Level Ball and I've been running 3 of them. The speed at which Lv Ball pulls the Bronzong line out by turn 2 is just excellent and its not unusual for the deck to have a powered up Active and a near fully or fully powered up Bench when you have 2 or more Bronzong on the bench by turn 2. Considering running 4 of them but 3 is a magic number atm since they only pull out the Bronzong line and Jurachi-EX (added it to mine to add consistency for that supporter when I need it)

I'm probably going to take your advice over the other guy's (no offence to him) but your post was a lot to take in. Say that I used the list I mentioned, what should I switch out for lvl balls, metagross line, etc. I'm planning to proxy a metagross line and do some playtesting at my local league (we have some really good players and a few poketubers (and I don't mean the kind with 3 subs) there so that seems like a good place to play test and get feed back.   

In your deck you could:

-1 Dialga-EX

-1 Switch

-1 Ace Trainer

to add in 1-1-1 Metagross

* I am unsure yet about what to drop for the 3rd Lv Ball*  

Here is my Expanded Format Hyper Links deck with an 87% 27-31 win/loss ratio and 3 On Demand Tournament 1st places:

Pokemon: (14)

3-3 Bronzong (Metal Links)

2 Aegislash-EX (Mighty Shield)

2 Dialga-EX

1 Cobalion-EX ***

1 Mewtwo-EX ***

1 Keldeo-EX (Rush In) ***

1 Jirachi-EX (Stellar Guidance) ***

Trainers: (35)

2 Battle Compressor

2 Bicycle 

1 Ace Spec - Computer Search ***

3 Lv Ball

3 Ultra Ball

1 Prof's Letter

2 Startling Megaphone

1 Switch

3 VS Seeker

1 Colress ***

2 Lysandre

2 N ***

4 Prof Juniper *** (Prof Sycamore is the same thing)

3 Steel Shelter 

2 Float Stone ***

3 Muscle Band

Energy: (11)

3 DCE

8 Metal Energy

**My Standard deck is very similar to this without the Lv Ball.  Also you can see where the cards are that will be rotated out of Standard soon by the *** I added next to the name and what will remain in Standard so you can use this as a skeleton for your deck if you question any changes you want to make and test out for your self.  It's clear what I'll have room for in my deck when the new cards come out.**

Archived